Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

i had a funny feeling we would get Ballaghadreen and sure enough we did. no problem getting the lads motivated for this one as imo we were well on top when we met them last year however they took their chances while we didn't . are the matches going ahead the 27th september ?   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mayo4Sam

Great draw for charlestown, hard to not see them in the county final & they'll be playing ballagh. Cross to me looked like a team in decline these last 3 years. Close one between ourselves & tubber, i doubt either team will be too disappointed with the draw which is never a good sign. Would love to see kiltane do a job on charlestown. Reckon shrule castlebar is the tie of the round, i'd go for shrule but not by much
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2009, 10:21:19 AM
Great draw for charlestown, hard to not see them in the county final & they'll be playing ballagh. Cross to me looked like a team in decline these last 3 years. Close one between ourselves & tubber, i doubt either team will be too disappointed with the draw which is never a good sign. Would love to see kiltane do a job on charlestown. Reckon shrule castlebar is the tie of the round, i'd go for shrule but not by much

i don't know about that mayo4sam maybe your hoping we are in decline  ;) we have only lost once this year to charelstown in the league have got a few younger lads Like Joe keane , stepen Carolan , James Cafferkey , throw in James Nallen , Peadar G , Ciaran MC , joe Keane, Brian Benson , Sean Kelly to name a few  i still think we are in a with a chance .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 01, 2009, 09:44:37 AM
are the matches going ahead the 27th september ?
Ya Deel, they are going ahead that weekend. Its still to TBC what teams are playing on the Saturday or Sunday

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2009, 10:21:19 AM

I dont know.. I dont really fancy ourselves against Knockmore for a number of reasons.
It will be a good game but at this stage they will probably have too much for us, even without the Killer. More experience and Knockmore being a bigger and stronger team will see them through.
I cant call Crossmolina and Ballagh. Ballagh are very unpredictable and its the last hurrah for a few of the Crossmolina players.
Charlestown will get passed Kiltane but only just as Kiltane will lift it for the quarters. It will be a good midfield battle.
Id expect Shrule to get past Castlebar. They are playing well as a team and the Mortimors are trying hard this year.

Mayo4Sam

Sorry deel thats the way i see it. Not the same team, lucky to win a county title, mainly thru cuteness & a lack of experience from ballagh. The lads coming thru aren't a patch on the lads leaving. Ballina & ourselves are in the same boat, we're prob 2-3 years ahead on the rebuilding i'd say, the old guard is gone other than sweeney. Abbeysider i dont think it'll matter who wins between us we'll be bet the next day out. We're prob slight favourites but in dillon ye'll have the main scoring threat on the pitch
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2009, 11:46:30 AM
Sorry deel thats the way i see it. Not the same team, lucky to win a county title, mainly thru cuteness & a lack of experience from ballagh. The lads coming thru aren't a patch on the lads leaving. Ballina & ourselves are in the same boat, we're prob 2-3 years ahead on the rebuilding i'd say, the old guard is gone other than sweeney. Abbeysider i dont think it'll matter who wins between us we'll be bet the next day out. We're prob slight favourites but in dillon ye'll have the main scoring threat on the pitch

i see what your saying and i do agree however there are some good lads coming through. it is  mostly wishfull thinking on my behalf hoping the auld lads might give it one last push and on the day you never know what might happen
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Barney

Some good matches - maybe an opportunity for Castlebar to make the Final.

Championship looks very open this year.

AbbeySider

... Abbeysider i dont think it'll matter who wins between us we'll be bet the next day out. We're prob slight favourites but in dillon ye'll have the main scoring threat on the pitch

Id say ye have more than enough. Knockmore should be serious contenders this year, I said it from the Start.
Nigel Reape at the helm has changed things for the better. Serious calibre of players between Sweeney, McLoughlin, Howley, O'Neill, and Munnelly... And Kilcoyne might be back...

I agree, we do have the hard side of the draw. But id expect Crossmolina and Ballagh to knock the shite out of each other so its a good time for ye to get a big team in a Semi like that.

Im calling guessing it will be a Knockmore / Shrule final.

StoneWall

The county final is very late, Oct 25? I thought it was usually the first of the three finals to be played?

County Senior Football Championship Quarter Final
Ballintubber V Knockmore on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Ronan Gurren in Castlebar
Charlestown V Kiltane on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: John Hughes in Ballina
Shrule-Glencorrib V Castlebar on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Charlie Collins in Castlebar
Crossmolina V Ballaghaderreen on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Dennis Harrington in Castlebar

County Senior Football Championship Semi Final
On weekend of Oct 4th or 11th

County Senior Football Championship Final on Sun 25 Oct, in Castlebar

County Intermediate Football Championship Quarter Final
Swinford or Davitts V Tuar Mhic Éadaigh on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Vincent Neary in Ballinrobe
Kilmaine V Achill on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Eamonn McAndrew in Islandeady
Westport V Mayo Gaels on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Liam Higgins in Ballintubber
Cill Chomáin V Swinford or Davitts or Béal an Mhuirthead on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Mel Kenny in Ballina

County Intermediate Football Championship Semi Final
On weekend of Oct 4th or 11th

County Intermediate Football Championship Final on Sun 18 Oct, in Castlebar

County Junior Football Championship Quarter Final
Castlebar B V Kiltimagh on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Martin Murphy in Claremorris
Crossmolina B or Ardnaree V Carramore on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Ciaran Byrne in Charlestown
Parke V Islandeady or Charlestown on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: John Boyle in Breaffy
The Neale V Lahardane or Ballina B on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Peter Geraghty in Kiltimagh

County Junior Football Championship Semi Final on weekend of Oct 4th or 11th

County Junior Football Championship Final on Sun 18 Oct, Referee: in Castlebar

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 01, 2009, 12:50:29 PM
... Abbeysider i dont think it'll matter who wins between us we'll be bet the next day out. We're prob slight favourites but in dillon ye'll have the main scoring threat on the pitch

Id say ye have more than enough. Knockmore should be serious contenders this year, I said it from the Start.
Nigel Reape at the helm has changed things for the better. Serious calibre of players between Sweeney, McLoughlin, Howley, O'Neill, and Munnelly... And Kilcoyne might be back...

I agree, we do have the hard side of the draw. But id expect Crossmolina and Ballagh to knock the shite out of each other so its a good time for ye to get a big team in a Semi like that.

Im calling guessing it will be a Knockmore / Shrule final.

Hello Johnno.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 31, 2009, 10:05:56 PM
Senior Draw

1. Ballintubber Vs Knockmore
2. Charlestown Vs Kiltane
3. Shrule Vs Castlebar
4. Ballaghadereen Vs Crossmolina

Semi's
1 v 4
2 v 3

Farrandeelin... you got what you wanted!
They always say be careful what you wish for!  ;)

Yes I did surely. I do want to see Knockmore get a handy run to the final! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: StoneWall on September 01, 2009, 05:41:11 PM
The county final is very late, Oct 25? I thought it was usually the first of the three finals to be played?

County Senior Football Championship Quarter Final
Ballintubber V Knockmore on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Ronan Gurren in Castlebar
Crossmolina V Ballaghaderreen on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: Dennis Harrington in Castlebar

Charlestown V Kiltane on Sun 27 Sep, Referee: John Hughes in Ballina
Shrule-Glencorrib V Castlebar on Sat 26 Sep, Referee: Charlie Collins in Castlebar

Were you playing in Balla's last senior game StoneWall ?? 

I agree the county final seems very late for the Senior...

I see that the semi's are to be played on the 4th or the 11th of October.
Will they will play the Senior Semi's on one weekend and the Junior on another...?

1 week break between championship games doesnt seem like a lot...

Farrandeelin

When is the U-21 championship draw been made? After Knockmore's 10 point win against Burrishoole, I think that is where we might be gaining some silverware this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

Lads

Does anyone know how the league works this year, bottom 2 down alrite but what about the team that finishs third from bottom??

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 04, 2009, 09:39:33 AM
Lads

Does anyone know how the league works this year, bottom 2 down alrite but what about the team that finishs third from bottom??

They're safe.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year