westmayo

QuoteWest Mayo >:( >:(

From the same club as the Red and Green Sniper; Breaffy

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 26, 2009, 01:36:55 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 26, 2009, 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2009, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 25, 2009, 05:31:32 PM
Breaffy and Castlebar are the one parish you see. There's a rough guide to where the 'border' is but it tends to just work out that whoever goes to school in Breaffy plays for Breaffy and whoever goes to school in Castlebar plays for Mitchels. There is little to stop either club objecting to a player transferring from one club to another. But both clubs seem to have an unwritten agreement that it is not taken advantage of.

I am aware of brothers who have played against each other for the two clubs. The clubs had no difficulty with it but the parents were being closely watched for favouritism.

That rings a bell but I can't place them. Care to fill me in? There's two brothers who will be playing against each other in a couple of years as well

One played for Parke and the other played for Breaffy if im thinking of the same brothers...

You're probably thinking of the Basquilles. Barry transferred from Breaffy to Parke but the brother, Brian, never played against him.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 26, 2009, 03:19:28 PM
Breaffy and Castlebar are the one parish you see. There's a rough guide to where the 'border' is but it tends to just work out that whoever goes to school in Breaffy plays for Breaffy and whoever goes to school in Castlebar plays for Mitchels. There is little to stop either club objecting to a player transferring from one club to another. But both clubs seem to have an unwritten agreement that it is not taken advantage of.

I am aware of brothers who have played against each other for the two clubs. The clubs had no difficulty with it but the parents were being closely watched for favouritism.

That rings a bell but I can't place them. Care to fill me in? There's two brothers who will be playing against each other in a couple of years as well

One played for Parke and the other played for Breaffy if im thinking of the same brothers...

You're probably thinking of the Basquilles. Barry transferred from Breaffy to Parke but the brother, Brian, never played against him.

Bingo!
Are you sure they never played against each other?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 26, 2009, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 26, 2009, 03:19:28 PM

Bingo!
Are you sure they never played against each other?

Not completely certain but fairly sure. Don't think Brian was still playing by the time Barry transferred.

westmayo

QuoteNot completely certain but fairly sure. Don't think Brian was still playing by the time Barry transferred.
]

Nearly sure your right on that one R&G, as far as I remember Barry transfered at adult grade, and don't think Brian every played for the first team. But maybe there was a junior league game or the likes, but I don't think so.
[/quote]

Farrandeelin

Ballina v Knockmore game going ahead in Ballina on Friday evening at 6.30 instead of Saturday evening.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

And Ballina won that game by 2-6 to 0-8. Knockmore weren't good enough anywhere on the pitch and Ballina deserved their win. If Ballina had more scoring forwards it could have been a lot worse.

Farrandeelin

Division 1A
Ballinrobe 2-13 Bohola Moy Davitts 1-7
Westport 1-8 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-12
Breaffy 1-7 Charlestown 2-16

Burrishoole and Ballaghaderreen wasn't played. Well the results wasn't up on mayogaa.

Division 1B
Tourmakeady 0-17 Swinford 0-9
Kilmeena 0-6 Claremorris 1-11
Aghamore 0-5 Ballintubber 1-19

Games between Kiltane and Davitts and Belmullet and Castlebar weren't in. Maybe they weren't played.

RedandGreenSniper

Castlebar won by a goal. Breaffy's loss means relegation to Division 1B.

AbbeySider

The Senior Championship draw is tonight in the TF at 9pm...

Next round of club games is on the weekend of September 6th (League)

And the Senior championship quarter finals will be the last weekend in September 26th/27th.
Id say the Semi's will be two weeks after that....

Farrandeelin

Would the quarter-finals not be on the 12th/13th September?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2009, 02:58:35 PM
Would the quarter-finals not be on the 12th/13th September?

There wont championship be that weekend although id expect a full round of league (set to be fixed).

Normally, you cant play club championship(Minor/U21/Senior) within 13 days of Inter county championship.

AbbeySider

Senior Draw

1. Ballintubber Vs Knockmore
2. Charlestown Vs Kiltane
3. Shrule Vs Castlebar
4. Ballaghadereen Vs Crossmolina

Semi's
1 v 4
2 v 3

Farrandeelin... you got what you wanted!
They always say be careful what you wish for!  ;)

AbbeySider

Intermediate

Section 2 winners Vs Tourmakeady
Kilmaine Vs Achill
Kilcommon Vs Section 2 Runners up
Westport Vs Mayo Gaels

Junior

Castlebar B Vs Kiltimagh
Cross/Ardnaree Vs Carramore
Parke Vs Islandeady/Charles
The Neale Vs Lahardane/Ballina

Intermediate Relegation Playoffs

Louisburgh Vs Hollymount
Crossmolina B Vs Bonniconlon

Senior Relegation Playoffs

Burrishoole Vs Moy Davitts
Ballinrobe Vs GArrymore

Tubberman

QuoteSenior Draw

1. Ballintubber Vs Knockmore
2. Charlestown Vs Kiltane
3. Shrule Vs Castlebar
4. Ballaghadereen Vs Crossmolina

Semi's
1 v 4
2 v 3

Farrandeelin... you got what you wanted!
They always say be careful what you wish for! 

The serious stuff starts now!  ;)
Not the worst draw for Ballintubber, not the best either. Presumably Kilkoyne won't be back and he's a big loss for Knockmore.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."