Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muscles magoo

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 22, 2009, 12:37:31 AM

Ballina Stephenites
stephenite, MoySider, muscles magoo(?), ballinaman, Bomber2312

Dont know how you put me and Ballina together....! Some gang of posters from one county alright though.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: fearsiuil on August 23, 2009, 02:39:41 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 21, 2009, 11:16:18 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 21, 2009, 08:52:59 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 21, 2009, 01:14:59 AM
Wouldnt it be great if there was a facility on the site where everyones club and county were displayed beside there posts  ;)

I agree nbtd, either that or guess from their username!  ;)
In fairness its easy to guess from most posters... there there is the odd few lurkers that remain an enigma.
Either want to preserve anonymity or they dont want to be found out! :P

Maybe they're from Balla and are too ashamed to admit it  :P

So the snipe is living up to his name ! Balla indeed are not exactly on the crest of a wave presently but of course it takes the sniper hiding behind the keyboard to have a cheap shot. Being such the great cubman yourself I recall you advising FL/Mayo at one stage to send his kids to Breaffy if he moves to Balla parish.  Great work undoubtedly being done in Breaffy and use being made of the population increase in the Castlebar overspill but it's not so long ago that ye were the whipping boys of west Mayo underage, nothing as crass as the nouveau riche.   >:(

Balla abú

Ah will ya relax and take a joke ffs. Talk about bitter bringing up a conversation from months ago and twisting it. I believe what I said was players in a certain area have a choice of going to three clubs - Parke, Breaffy or Balla, which I believe to be the case unless you can tell me otherwise. I told him to send them to Breaffy, just like you'll tell him to send them to Balla. Big deal. How on earth you could jump to daft conclusions about nouveau riche etc is beyond me. You have issues son.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 23, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
Wouldnt it be great if there was a facility on the site where everyones club and county were displayed beside there posts  ;)

In fairness its easy to guess from most posters... there there is the odd few lurkers that remain an enigma.

So the snipe is living up to his name ! Balla indeed are not exactly on the crest of a wave presently but of course it takes the sniper hiding behind the keyboard to have a cheap shot. Being such the great cubman yourself I recall you advising FL/Mayo at one stage to send his kids to Breaffy if he moves to Balla parish.  Great work undoubtedly being done in Breaffy and use being made of the population increase in the Castlebar overspill but it's not so long ago that ye were the whipping boys of west Mayo underage, nothing as crass as the nouveau riche.   >:(

Balla abú

Ah will ya relax and take a joke ffs. Talk about bitter bringing up a conversation from months ago and twisting it. I believe what I said was players in a certain area have a choice of going to three clubs - Parke, Breaffy or Balla, which I believe to be the case unless you can tell me otherwise. I told him to send them to Breaffy, just like you'll tell him to send them to Balla. Big deal. How on earth you could jump to daft conclusions about nouveau riche etc is beyond me. You have issues son.

Aren't large chunks of Urban Castlebar actually in Breaffy, sure McHale Park is nearly in Breaffy Parish.

Mayo4Sam

Wasn't there a guy crouchback from ballina as well
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

FL/MAYO

Lads, I am originally from Claremorris but have lived in the states for a good few years. I will be moving back to Mayo in a few years with a fine strapping young fella that might play for Balla/Breaffy or Parke depending who can win the argument between DoDo and RedandGreenSniper as to which club he should play for ;)
All I know is that his uncles played for Balla underage but the next door neighbor played for Breaffy, so I am at a loss.
I get some great information on here; when I get back home the lads are amazed at the information that I have on the county scene. Its great to have all these Mayo posters on here, it shows the amount of interest that the GAA has in the county.

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 24, 2009, 02:23:39 PM
Wasn't there a guy crouchback from ballina as well

Debatable

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

western exile

Quote from: FL/MAYO on August 24, 2009, 10:18:04 PM
Lads, I am originally from Claremorris but have lived in the states for a good few years. I will be moving back to Mayo in a few years with a fine strapping young fella that might play for Balla/Breaffy or Parke depending who can win the argument between DoDo and RedandGreenSniper as to which club he should play for ;)
All I know is that his uncles played for Balla underage but the next door neighbor played for Breaffy, so I am at a loss.
I get some great information on here; when I get back home the lads are amazed at the information that I have on the county scene. Its great to have all these Mayo posters on here, it shows the amount of interest that the GAA has in the county.
What is wrong with letting  him play for the blues?   http://www.claremorrisgaa.ie/contact.html

FL/MAYO

Quote from: western exile on August 25, 2009, 11:09:26 AM
What is wrong with letting  him play for the blues?   http://www.claremorrisgaa.ie/contact.html

The wife is from Manulla so that is where we will probably live. Claremorris has a great structure going at the moment with a lot of my friends involved with club but the fact that we will be living in Manulla will mean the young fellow will be playing with a club closer to home. I wish that the locals in Manulla would put as much effort into starting a GAA club as they have in forming the soccer club as they would have a great set up.Western exile are you from Claremorris?

Farrandeelin

Western exile is from Down but is with a girl from Claremorris.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

western exile

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2009, 02:51:21 PM
Western exile is from Down but is with a girl from Claremorris.
Thanks Farrandeelin   ;D ;D
She is actually an Eastern Gael. But we lived in Claremorris.........

Farrandeelin

Well there was a bit of confusion about you on this thread previously so I just thought I'd clear it up. :D

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on August 24, 2009, 09:15:53 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 23, 2009, 02:28:14 PM

Balla abú

Aren't large chunks of Urban Castlebar actually in Breaffy, sure McHale Park is nearly in Breaffy Parish.

Breaffy and Castlebar are the one parish you see. There's a rough guide to where the 'border' is but it tends to just work out that whoever goes to school in Breaffy plays for Breaffy and whoever goes to school in Castlebar plays for Mitchels. There is little to stop either club objecting to a player transferring from one club to another. But both clubs seem to have an unwritten agreement that it is not taken advantage of.

RedandGreenSniper

You know what makes sense FL/MAYO ;) :D

Farrandeelin

That's like Ballina and Ardnaree so, except there is a border which was roken in favour of the Stephenites a few years ago at underage.