Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Yeah, or the newish fella MadMayo or mayoman dan, who I know. Also lads do you remember the furore when Barney was attacking the County Board left, right and centre the Co Board responded and sent out a fella by the name of Boardman. He wanted to know who Barney was. Such craic back in the day! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ludermor

The Blegard is a ex Kiltane legend ( well for U 16, against Glenamoy)
Bod Mor id say is a Kilcommon man
Blast05 im sure is not belmullet, cross id say.

Farrandeelin

Where has he gone to? Blegard I mean??

ludermor

Blegard still posts the odd time, he is a well travelled man.

Farrandeelin

Anybody know if the league games down for next Sunday (according to mayogaa) will be moved to allow for us who want to see the Mayo minors play?

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 21, 2009, 07:25:13 PM
busy day at work Abbeysider?  :D

Yeah yeah was flat out today when I came up with this!  :D

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 21, 2009, 07:29:44 PM
Isn't there a rule against outing people fellas? I'm not from Swinford...

ah not really outing people, just guessing their club or where they are from based on what they post!  ;)
If your too ashamed its Ok!  :P ;)

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2009, 07:35:40 PM
...Also lads do you remember the furore when Barney was attacking the County Board left, right and centre the Co Board responded and sent out a fella by the name of Boardman. He wanted to know who Barney was. Such craic back in the day! :D

What about all the direct references to us (and me I think) in Noelles speech as she fired a few shots leaving the county board?   ;D That speech made all the local the papers...

You would freeze in you seat if you knew the people that read these threads.  ;)

AbbeySider

*Modified*

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
the Deel Rover, venter, Never beat the deeler, Redgreenery, larry buaile, MadMayo(?),

Ballina Stephenites
stephenite, MoySider, muscles magoo(?), ballinaman, Bomber2312

Knockmore
Mayo4Sam, Farrandeelin, macdanger2

Castlebar Mitchles
Muppet, GBXII, Son of Sam

Kiltaine
Ludermore, IntoDWest, The Blegard

Ballintubber
AbbeySider, Tubberman

Breaffy
RedAndGreenSniper

Bohola Moy Davitts
Davitt Man

Tourmakeady
An Gaeilgoir

Garymore
REDCOL

Swinford
Lar Naparka

Keenagh/Crossmolina
Rosnarun

Claremorris
western exile

Shrule Glencorrib

kevmy

Ballaghaderreen
Oirtheair MaighEo

Kilcommon
Bod Mor

Kilmane
mayo51

Ballyhaunis
Barney

Unknown (yet...)
Dodo: (ill leave it up to himself if he wants to say )
StoneWall: ( guessing - Balla,Westport or Claremorris )
Blast05: (Lacken/Ballycastle/Ardagh/Moygownagh/Kilfian ?)
IolarCoisCuain:??????
flame still burns: ??????
small white mayoman: ??????
whitey: ??????
New Departure: ??????
Bucko:?????? 
The Flying Doctor:??????
Maradona:??????
West Mayo:??????
FL/Mayo:??????
mayoman dan: ?????

Thats what we have so far... I think I counted 48 posters from Mayo mentioned.
Thats fairly impressive. Is anyone else a bit spooked by the correlation of the amount of posters from a club and the current standings of teams in the county....

Did I just take this a step too far?  :P  ::)
I did, didnt I...  :-[  :D

Lets keep this going and fill in the blanks and add anyone missing...  ;D

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2009, 09:48:33 PM
Anybody know if the league games down for next Sunday (according to mayogaa) will be moved to allow for us who want to see the Mayo minors play?

Id say as many as possible will be played on the Saturday evening....

mayo51

not from crossmolina. a south mayo intermediate club in the last 8 is where i hail from and i am pretty sure barney is from ballyhaunis. anybody know where the blogger willie joe is from?

Bomber2312

dont post often....always lurking though....from the green and red aswel

Mayo4Sam

Are fishhead sam & son of sam the same person, if not another castlebar lad. Abbeysider, the 1st 7 clubs u mentioned are all in the senior 1/4 finals, must have something to do with the no of posters on here
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2009, 05:10:32 AM
Are fishhead sam & son of sam the same person, if not another castlebar lad. Abbeysider, the 1st 7 clubs u mentioned are all in the senior 1/4 finals, must have something to do with the no of posters on here

Same poster, I left the board for about a year when Castlebar got a lambasting of abuse, alot down to slagging that got out of hand & people saw I was getting a bit upset/annoyed about it. As people might have noticed I love my town, county & province to a heartsickening level & will defend them to the death. Came back as Son_of_Sam, but a Fishead till I die, despite living in Melbourne. Suppose while Im here I might as well say well done to Mitchels against Garrymore.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on August 22, 2009, 08:18:29 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2009, 05:10:32 AM

Same poster, I left the board for about a year when Castlebar got a lambasting of abuse, alot down to slagging that got out of hand & people saw I was getting a bit upset/annoyed about it. As people might have noticed I love my town, county & province to a heartsickening level & will defend them to the death. Came back as Son_of_Sam, but a Fishead till I die, despite living in Melbourne. Suppose while Im here I might as well say well done to Mitchels against Garrymore.

I'm surprised you use the term 'Fishead'. Its not really meant as a term of endearment.

Blast05 I reckon is from one of the neighbouring North Mayo junior clubs - Lacken/Ballycastle/Ardagh/Moygownagh/Kilfian and not Crossmolina. More Cross posters than anywhere else. Any club that can field three adult teams must have a huge Gaelic football population.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

fearsiuil

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 21, 2009, 11:16:18 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 21, 2009, 08:52:59 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 21, 2009, 01:14:59 AM
Wouldnt it be great if there was a facility on the site where everyones club and county were displayed beside there posts  ;)

I agree nbtd, either that or guess from their username!  ;)
In fairness its easy to guess from most posters... there there is the odd few lurkers that remain an enigma.
Either want to preserve anonymity or they dont want to be found out! :P

Maybe they're from Balla and are too ashamed to admit it  :P

So the snipe is living up to his name ! Balla indeed are not exactly on the crest of a wave presently but of course it takes the sniper hiding behind the keyboard to have a cheap shot. Being such the great cubman yourself I recall you advising FL/Mayo at one stage to send his kids to Breaffy if he moves to Balla parish.  Great work undoubtedly being done in Breaffy and use being made of the population increase in the Castlebar overspill but it's not so long ago that ye were the whipping boys of west Mayo underage, nothing as crass as the nouveau riche.   >:(

Balla abĂș