Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: muscles magoo on August 17, 2009, 10:10:28 AM
Louisburghs situation is incredible - at half time yesterday they were 0-09 to 0-00 up playing at home to Mayo Gaels and had one foot in the quarter finals yet they now find themselves in a relegation playoff...

The game was in Louisburgh...

The Geals came out after half time and won it...

Mayo Gaels 1-10
Louisburgh 0-10

Crazy!

muscles magoo

Quote from: StoneWall on August 17, 2009, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2009, 08:00:28 PM

Section 4 Resutls
Claremorris 6-7 Bohola Moy-Davitts 0-13
Ballintubber 2-7 Kiltane 0-13

Moy Davitts, Burrishoole, Ballinrobe and Garrymore are in relegation play-off trouble.

Are Moy Davitts not safe on scoring difference? Going on the tables on the Mayo GAA site (not the most reliable I know!) but they are -6 and Claremorris are -8...

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?userid=21&leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=9183&countyid=21&club_id=&sportid=1

Saw that but was listening to mid-wesht yesterday and they were very much of the impression that Claremorris were safe and Moy Davitts would finish bottom so there looks to be some confusion around that one as well.

StoneWall

Apparently if teams finish level on points the criteria used to decide who finished higher is the result between the two teams and then the overall scoring difference!

Was anyone aware of this?

Mayo4Sam

I see the ballina lads are still in hiding, i'll put the salt away for the time being. I think in fairness all that was up for grabs in that game was local bragging rights, neither team is at the races. Whats worrying for knockmore is that we're 12 yrs without a county title & don't look like a team that will win one soon. But ballina bet & thru is all the lads can do for the time being. I'm told the claremorris game was like a soccer match, tough luck on  moy davitts but they should stay up. I'm also told the ref blew up the kiltane match early, no one there minded i'm sure, fair play to kiltane, good to see the top 3 teams in north mayo through.............
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 17, 2009, 11:31:24 AM
i'll put the salt away for the time being.

good to see the top 3 teams in north mayo through.............

:D

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: stephenite on August 17, 2009, 12:42:37 PM
i'll put the salt away for the time being. good to see the top 3 teams in north mayo through.............
:D
I couldn't resist
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 17, 2009, 09:10:00 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2009, 01:36:39 AM

The ref was brutal, he blew for every little thing, really ruined the game. It's no wonder we're seen as soft touches when players are used to getting frees for the slightest touch.

Anyone know what the Q/F draw is?

Who reefed that match?

I heard the draw is supposed to be on Wednesday but that could be speculation.

not sure, couldn't find anyone selling a programme!!

moysider

I see the ballina lads are still in hiding, i'll put the salt away for the time being. I think in fairness all that was up for grabs in that game was local bragging rights, neither team is at the races. Whats worrying for knockmore is that we're 12 yrs without a county title & don't look like a team that will win one soon. But ballina bet & thru is all the lads can do for the time being. I'm told the claremorris game was like a soccer match, tough luck on  moy davitts but they should stay up. I'm also told the ref blew up the kiltane match early, no one there minded i'm sure, fair play to kiltane, good to see the top 3 teams in north mayo through.............

Not hiding but I was away and thankfully missed this game too. Ballina have been struggling all year. Knockmore still appear to have a bit to do to be honest but are better than last few years from what I saw v Ballinrobe and Cross. Best of luck going forward. Anyway its always important who wins these local  events. There s an old saying in Russia.   '' Its important who crosses the bog first''

ludermor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2009, 09:01:46 PM
They're hard to beat alright, I'd say Ballintubber would've fancied their chances against them. It'll keep ludermor happy anyway. Does anybody know when the draw is on?
Aye great result for the boys to keep the flag flying for another year.
Did you make it to Doolough Deel Rover?

Davitt Man

Does anyone know when the draw is on?? or when the next round is??

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on August 17, 2009, 02:11:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2009, 09:01:46 PM
They're hard to beat alright, I'd say Ballintubber would've fancied their chances against them. It'll keep ludermor happy anyway. Does anybody know when the draw is on?
Aye great result for the boys to keep the flag flying for another year.
Did you make it to Doolough Deel Rover?

i did indeed ludermor had a great day . couldn't see any grown men crying so i assume you were up a few quid ;) . Is jj still manager of kiltane ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 18, 2009, 09:36:19 AM
Does anyone know when the draw is on?? or when the next round is??

There is a round of the league on the weekend of the 29th of Aug and 6th of Sept.

If Mayo minors lose the next round of Championship will probably be on the 13th of September.
(Unless some teams complain there wasnt enough of a break between the club league and championship, in which case id say that its possible the league round on the 6th of Sept could be postponed? But they might go ahead with it)

If Mayo minors win the next round of the Championship will be on the 27th of September.

I just heard that the draw will be done this night two weeks because of the c**k-up in the Intermediate group with Belmullet. There has to be a playoff in that Intermediate group because of a walkover in a previous round, and because they are level on points and scoring difference cant count because of the walkover.
::)

Davitt Man

Quarter-final dates remain uncertain 
Monday, 17 August 2009 

Mike Finnerty

THE draw for the quarter-finals of the Mayo senior and intermediate football championships will take place on Monday, August 31 in the TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar.
The knock-out stages of both championships will then commence on either the weekend of September 12 and 13, or September 26 and 27 — depending on whether or not the Mayo minor footballers reach the All-Ireland final on September 20.
Charlestown, Castlebar, Crossmolina, Knockmore, Shrule/Glencorrib, Ballaghaderreen, Ballintubber and Kiltane were confirmed as the eight quarter-finalists in the senior championship last weekend. The draw for the quarter-finals will be open to the public.
MEANWHILE, in the Intermediate championship, a play-off is required to decide who progresses to the quarter-finals from the ultra-competitive Section 2.
Davitts, Belmullet and Swinford have all finished level on four points after the group concluded last weekend. However, because Belmullet's 'win' against Davitts was achieved without the game actually being played, the head-to-head rule and scoring differences cannot be used to decide the group.
Paddy McNicholas, Chairman of the Mayo GAA Activities Committee, confirmed to The Mayo News last night that a draw for the play-offs between the three clubs would be made tonight (Monday).
The first two teams drawn out at the Activities Committee meeting will face-off with the winner going through the last eight. The loser will then get a second chance to qualify against the remaining team (who only get one chance).
McNicholas also admitted that no date for the play-off has yet been decided due to the Mayo minor's involvement in the All-Ireland semi-final against Down on August 30, and a round of Mayo senior hurling championship matches next weekend.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 18, 2009, 03:53:19 PM
THE draw for the quarter-finals of the Mayo senior and intermediate football championships will take place on Monday, August 31 in the TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar.

Its a killer having to wait two weeks to know who you are playing !!!

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 18, 2009, 04:26:18 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on August 18, 2009, 03:53:19 PM

Its a killer having to wait two weeks to know who you are playing !!!

Its all because of that shambles in the intermediate group between belmullet swinford & davitts.

Does anyone know why Davitts handed a walk over to Belmullet anyway?? If you ask me Belmullet & Swinford should progress and punish Davitts for handing a walk over to belmullet.