Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 15, 2009, 12:49:20 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 14, 2009, 10:05:31 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 14, 2009, 09:51:00 PM
I hear word one David Brady could feature tomorrow evening . . .

any truth in it moysider ?

Silence is deafening so I reckon we can take it DB is togging! ;D

I just heard that from someone too...

the Deel Rover

cross win 14 points to ballinrobes 1.8 , knockmore beat ballina 1.11 to ballina 2.6 no d brady
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Brady was to my left in the stand. Regarding McGarrity, maybe his aggressor in the Crossmolina match might have some justification afterall. I thought he was terrible landing late elbows. He seemed to be very cheeky and over-confident. Fair play to Peter Clarke though he kept him quiet enough, it wasn't the rout at mid-field I was expecting. Harte was very disappointing, Munnelly was in front of Cafferkey most times as well. Maybe they were all on the rip after losing last Sunday but they were poor enough tonight. Anyway, fair play to Howley, he played out of his skin. Declan Sweeney at no 6 did well also. Knockmore will have to convert more of their chances if they want to progress any further though. Overall it was a brilliant game to win and BALLINA ARE OUT!!! ;D ;D ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

western exile

Congrats Knockmore. And Farrandellin  ;D

Farrandeelin

Section 1 Results
Charlestown 2-14 Aghamore 0-12
Castlebar Mitchells 2-9 Garrymore 0-8

Section 2 Results
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 0-14 Ballinrobe 1-8
Knockmore 1-11 Ballina Stephenites 2-6

Section 3 Results
Ballaghaderreen 0-9 Shrule-Glencorrib 0-15
Breaffy 1-8 Burrishoole 0-6

Section 4 Resutls
Claremorris 6-7 Bohola Moy-Davitts 0-13
Ballintubber 2-7 Kiltane 0-13

Charlestown, Castlebar, Crossmolina, Knockmore, Ballaghaderreen, Shrule, Ballintubber and Kiltane advance to last 8.

Moy Davitts, Burrishoole, Ballinrobe and Garrymore are in relegation play-off trouble.

the Deel Rover

great to see kiltane in the last 8 fair play to them
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

They're hard to beat alright, I'd say Ballintubber would've fancied their chances against them. It'll keep ludermor happy anyway. Does anybody know when the draw is on?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2009, 09:01:46 PM
They're hard to beat alright, I'd say Ballintubber would've fancied their chances against them. It'll keep ludermor happy anyway. Does anybody know when the draw is on?

Dont know about fancying our chances as you can never take a team like Kiltane for granted.
It was a good Kiltane performance, fair play. They lead for long periods and we only leveled very late on.

Claremorris put 6 goals past Moy-Davitts who must me sickened. I think if we won by a point, Davitts would have gone through...

Owenmoresider

Fair play to Kiltane. Burrishoole looking likely for the drop to Intermediate?

Owenmoresider

Looking at the Intermediate, am I right in thinking there will have to be playoffs in Group B, given that Davitts for some reason gave a walkover to Belmullet? Swinford would lose out on scoring difference as it stands. The QF's barring any change there are Kilmaine, Tourmakeady, Westport, Achill, Cill Chomain, Mayo Gaels and presumably Davitts and Belmullet. Hollymount, Crossmolina B, Bonniconlon in the relegation scrap, and Louisburgh find themselves in another one after relegation last year.

macdanger2

Was at the Knocmore v Ballina game. Good win for Knockmore but a poor enough game all in all I thought. If Kilcoyne was fit, we would have beaten Ballina out the gate. Can't see us winning a county title unless we improve up front though. Howley was the stand-out player of the match.

As Farrandeelin said, McG threw an elbow at the Knockmore midfielder in the very first minute, you'd have thought he'd have learnt his lesson after the previous game and show a bit more cop on.

The ref was brutal, he blew for every little thing, really ruined the game. It's no wonder we're seen as soft touches when players are used to getting frees for the slightest touch.

Anyone know what the Q/F draw is?

AbbeySider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2009, 01:36:39 AM

The ref was brutal, he blew for every little thing, really ruined the game. It's no wonder we're seen as soft touches when players are used to getting frees for the slightest touch.

Anyone know what the Q/F draw is?

Who reefed that match?

I heard the draw is supposed to be on Wednesday but that could be speculation.

StoneWall

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 16, 2009, 11:09:14 PM
Looking at the Intermediate, am I right in thinking there will have to be playoffs in Group B, given that Davitts for some reason gave a walkover to Belmullet? Swinford would lose out on scoring difference as it stands. The QF's barring any change there are Kilmaine, Tourmakeady, Westport, Achill, Cill Chomain, Mayo Gaels and presumably Davitts and Belmullet. Hollymount, Crossmolina B, Bonniconlon in the relegation scrap, and Louisburgh find themselves in another one after relegation last year.

The Davitts V Belmullet game was originally postponed because of a tragedy in the Ballindine area. It was supposed to be played within 13 days but because Mayo were playing the Connacht final it could not go ahead and Belmullet were awarded the game. According to MWR yesterday Feeney is 99% sure that a three way playoff will be necessary as scoring difference can't be used! I imagine it will hold up the intermediate championship for a while!

I also heard over the weekend that the county board are proposing that all group games be played at neutral venues next year. Currently the quarter finalists from the previous year are seeded and get two home games. I think this would take something from the championship with clubs not having any home games.

Apparently the clubs get to vote on it.

muscles magoo

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 16, 2009, 11:09:14 PM

Louisburghs situation is incredible - at half time yesterday they were 0-09 to 0-00 up playing at home to Mayo Gaels and had one foot in the quarter finals yet they now find themselves in a relegation playoff...

StoneWall

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2009, 08:00:28 PM

Section 4 Resutls
Claremorris 6-7 Bohola Moy-Davitts 0-13
Ballintubber 2-7 Kiltane 0-13

Moy Davitts, Burrishoole, Ballinrobe and Garrymore are in relegation play-off trouble.

Are Moy Davitts not safe on scoring difference? Going on the tables on the Mayo GAA site (not the most reliable I know!) but they are -6 and Claremorris are -8...

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?userid=21&leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=9183&countyid=21&club_id=&sportid=1