Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: venter on July 30, 2009, 11:19:01 AM
Quote from: stephenite on July 30, 2009, 10:54:02 AM

The whole thing about witnesses is fairly dodgy ground to be on in my mind while we're on the subject, would there be any impression of this being a political decision (not to appeal) by Cross given the huge fall out after the incident? Whilst video evidence is fairly straight forward, the notion of an 'independent witness' in Mayo football is fairly funny, unless the witnesses are from China or somewhere, nearly everyone ever involved in Mayo football would have some sort of small grudge against everyone else, or at least a preference between two clubs. But maybe that's just me.

Yes and I agree with the rest of what you're saying. The club is being lambasted from all quarters over this and it would be indecent to lodge any appeals.

The people lamabasting the club wont have a word to say about the next incident that doesn't involve a county player and I include the editor of the western in that. The hysteria that Ros describes is real, especially when you consider that Ronan was back training within a few days and even playing a competitive A versus B game within a week. Posters close to the ground were on here talking bout multiple breaks and missing the rest of the season, when in fact Ronan was already back at county training.

Mea Culpa. I think you ll find that I was one of the first to post about the nature of the injury and the likely consequences of same. I was also probably the first to post about Ronan back in training and speculated that he would play early in the week before the match.

I dont remember anybody saying in the few days after the injury. 'Sure he ll be grand, its only a few fractures in his cheek. He ll be fine to play against Galway in 14 days. We ve seen this loads of times.'

rosnarun

that would be because wheter he cracked a cheek or broke a jaw the offense committed was the same and there fore irrelevant to the discussion at the time. the same is true of any time some one throws a punch on the pitch wheter against a county player or not. while i think the treatment is fair in that its the same as others got . i dont think one month for a deliberate blow is long enough esop as hell probably be back for the next champioship game.
as for the other guy i dont like slagging non county players on this board but please dont make silly statements about their reputations Re dirty play  either

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on July 31, 2009, 02:53:46 AM
that would be because wheter he cracked a cheek or broke a jaw the offense committed was the same and there fore irrelevant to the discussion at the time. the same is true of any time some one throws a punch on the pitch wheter against a county player or not. while i think the treatment is fair in that its the same as others got . i dont think one month for a deliberate blow is long enough esop as hell probably be back for the next champioship game.
as for the other guy i dont like slagging non county players on this board but please dont make silly statements about their reputations Re dirty play  either

Hang on a second - one is suspended after witnesses confirm they saw the incident. One is appealed after video evidence cannot prove it was intentional.
Yet you come on here spouting bullshit about not wanting to slag non-county players but then make references to their supposed dirty play.

You can either back that up or accept it's a cowardly statement to make.

Mayo4Sam

It was me who made the statement about him not being a dirty player, & thats in my completely biased anti ballina opinion
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 31, 2009, 09:28:21 AM
It was me who made the statement about him not being a dirty player, & thats in my completely biased anti ballina opinion

But what terrible precedent does this set?

rosnarun

I was not referring to the last match at all . I have seen the player in Over the years and he is no angel . I remember another county final whereas he was brought omitted to do a job on some of the cross forwards . Back in the days when theywere considered a soft touch. While he's may not be ballinas   dirtiest, don't paint the guy as an innocent abroad

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rosnarun on July 31, 2009, 03:31:37 PM
I was not referring to the last match at all . I have seen the player in Over the years and he is no angel . I remember another county final whereas he was brought omitted to do a job on some of the cross forwards . Back in the days when theywere considered a soft touch. While he's may not be ballinas   dirtiest, don't paint the guy as an innocent abroad

Bloody hell who are we talking about here?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

I was not referring to the last match at all . I have seen the player in Over the years and he is no angel . I remember another county final whereas he was brought omitted to do a job on some of the cross forwards . Back in the days when theywere considered a soft touch. While he's may not be ballinas   dirtiest, don't paint the guy as an innocent abroad

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on July 31, 2009, 04:39:57 PM
I was not referring to the last match at all . I have seen the player in Over the years and he is no angel . I remember another county final whereas he was brought omitted to do a job on some of the cross forwards . Back in the days when theywere considered a soft touch. While he's may not be ballinas   dirtiest, don't paint the guy as an innocent abroad

He's a tough nut and a grafter that does a job when required, every team has one or two of them.

Enough of the snide remarks and then saying 'Oh I won't comment on a non county player'
It's hypocritical of you

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 31, 2009, 03:40:53 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on July 31, 2009, 03:31:37 PM

Bloody hell who are we talking about here?

Santa Claus, that well known and convenient scapegoat from Ballina. Come to think of it.......
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

You may have the first letter of the surname correct. I thought they were on about McGarrity.

AbbeySider

IF we get passed Meath... do you reckon the games will go ahead on the weekend of the 16th?

I hope they do... id say the county board are adamant they will go ahead.

But what if O Mahoney wants them put off? No doubt he will try it. (hard to blame him if he does)

Farrandeelin

Yes they will. What the Co board wants is what we will get.

REDCOL

Senior Football Championship on August 9th 2009
Mayo Senior Football Team to play Meath in Croke Park                       

1   Kenneth O'Malley   Cionnait Ó Máille                   Ballinrobe
2   Donal Vaughan       Donal Ó Beachain           Ballinrobe
3   Ger Cafferkey       Gearoid MacEafarcaigh       Ballina Stephenites
4   Keith Higgins       Ceit Ó hUigínn           Ballyhaunis
5   Peadar Gardiner       Peadar Ó Gardineir       Crossmolina
6   Trevor Howley       Traolach Ó hUallaigh       Knockmore
7   Andy Moran       Aindriú Ó Moráin           Ballaghaderreen
8   David Heaney       Daithí Ó hÉanaí           Swinford
9   Ronan McGarrity       Ronán MacFheartaigh       Ballina Stephenites
10   Patrick Harte       Padraig Ó hAirt           Ballina Stephenites
11   Trevor Mortimer       Traolach Ó Muireartaigh    Shrule-Glencorrib
12   Alan Dillon               Alan Ó Diolun                      Ballintubber
13   Aidan Kilcoyne       Aodhán MacGiollacadhain   Knockmore
14   Barry Moran       Barra Ó Moráin           Castlebar
15   Aidan O'Shea       Aodhán Ó Shea           Breaffy
16   David Clarke      Daithí Ó Cléirigh               Ballina Stephenites
17   Chris Barrett       Críostóir Bairéid           Belmullet
18   Kieran Conroy       Ciarán Ó Conraoi           Shrule-Glencorrib
19   Kevin McLoughlin           Caoimhín MacLaughlainn    Knockmore
20   Conor Mortimer       Concubhair Ó Muireartaigh    Shrule-Glencorrib
21   James Nallen       Seamus Ó Nailín           Crossmolina
22   Austin O'Malley       Aibhistín Ó Máille           St. Vincent's
23   Liam O'Malley       Liam Ó Máille           Burrishoole
24   Seamus O'Shea       Seamus Ó Shea           Breaffy
25   Billy Joe Padden       Liam S. MacPhaidín       Belmullet
26   Tom Parsons       Tomas MacPhearsúin       Charlestown
27   Mark Ronaldson       Marc MacRaghnaill       Shrule-Glencorrib
28   Michael Sweeney    Micheal MacSuibhne        Kiltane
29   Robert Hennelly       Roibeard Ó hIonghaile       Breaffy

John O Mahony       Sean Ó Mathúna           Bainisteoir
   Tommy Lyons       Tomas Ó Laighin           Roghnóir
   Kieran Gallagher       Ciarán Ó Gallchóir           Roghnóir

Caoimhín Ó Tuathail                       
   Oifigeach Caidreamh Poibli                   

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2009, 07:45:17 PM
Yes they will. What the Co board wants is what we will get.

I really hope your right...

but that wasnt the case in 2004