Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2009, 03:42:43 PM
I see the next games in the group stages are down for August 8th/9th. IF we get Meath/Limerick/Roscommon, will it be put back for one week I wonder?

And so it comes to pass!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

probably no club football till sept...

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 26, 2009, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2009, 03:42:43 PM
I see the next games in the group stages are down for August 8th/9th. IF we get Meath/Limerick/Roscommon, will it be put back for one week I wonder?

And so it comes to pass!
Quote from: Davitt Man on July 27, 2009, 09:10:09 AM
probably no club football till sept...

I have a feeling that the last round of the group stages of the Championship will be on the weekend of the 15th August.
That would leave 15 days before the All-Ireland Semi... thats if we get there.

Davitt Man

Would O'Mahony risk letting his players play club c\ship 15 days before a semi final especially after the mcgarrity incident. Take the knockmore v ballina game, winner takes all, there will be skin and hair flying in that game.

Knockmore - Killer Howley McLoughlin
Ballina - Caff McGarrity Harte

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 27, 2009, 09:51:21 AM
Would O'Mahony risk letting his players play club c\ship 15 days before a semi final especially after the mcgarrity incident. Take the knockmore v ballina game, winner takes all, there will be skin and hair flying in that game.

Knockmore - Killer Howley McLoughlin
Ballina - Caff McGarrity Harte

Id say he will. Lessons may have been learned over the McG incident so I dont think that is likely again. But there is always the injury worry.
The normal rule from Croke park is that you are not allowed club games 13 days before inter-county.

I cant see them letting the fixtures go out until September 5th/6th (if Mayo keep winning)... Thats 6 weeks away...

Davitt Man

lessons learnt?? ya mean county players will get frees all day long if anyone breaths on them! :)

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 27, 2009, 10:37:31 AM
lessons learnt?? ya mean county players will get frees all day long if anyone breaths on them! :)

On the contrary, county players get an awful raw deal from club Refs in Mayo IMO.

But I think the County Board will try for the weekend of the 15th. Its really Johnno's call... and I dont think he would be too happy about playing it so close to an AI Semi it could well be pushed out to September....
If Mayo get to, and lose the Semi's I guess the next round will be on the 5th of September.

If Mayo get to the All Ireland final and lose, the club championship will be late September.

If we get to and win the All Ireland..... it will be played next year!  8)

Davitt Man

i reckon it could be the 15th alrite, the county board would be keen to have the club c\ship at the quarter final stage come sept.

moysider

The suspensions are in for the Ballina/Crossmolina. Two players [one from either team] got a month each [ and a champ game I believe].

Another Ballina player got month suspension overthrown on appeal.

Mayo4Sam

Are we guessing who the players are?

I presume its casey & henry getting a month each for striking and brady got off

A joke
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 27, 2009, 11:49:15 PM

A joke

Brady could nt get off after getting sent off for striking. You ve got the Cross player right. He should have appealed.

Assumed everybody knew who was involved.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on July 28, 2009, 12:17:02 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 27, 2009, 11:49:15 PM

A joke

Brady could nt get off after getting sent off for striking. You ve got the Cross player right. He should have appealed.

Assumed everybody knew who was involved.

did gabriel get his card rescinded moysider ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Senior Championship Dates

SATURDAY AT 7.00 P.M   AUG 15TH                  
Croismhaoiliona   v   Baile An Roba
Cnoc Mor      v   Beal An Fheadha

SUNDAY AUG 16TH AT 2.00 P.M      
Baile Chathail   v   Achadh Mor
Caislean A Barrai   v   Garrai Mor      

SUNDAY AUG 16TH AT 3.30         
Bealach A Doirin   v   Sruthair/Gc   

SUNDAY AUG 16TH AT 4.30         
Breaghbhuigh   v   Burris Umhaill   

SUNDAY AUG 16H AT 4.00 P.M      
Baile An Tobair   v   Cill Tseadhna   
Clar Chl. Mhuiris   v   Both Daibh na Mua   

venter

Deel, As far as I know, Gabriel's red was changed to two yellows. It was a harsh sending off to be fair.
I cant understand how Casey would even appeal his ban, let alone it be overturned. Mcloughlin must have volunteered the info that he threw a punch and subsequently got a month for striking. There was no sign of it on the video ( although there might have been other videos of the game).

I had actually forgotten that the last time we played ballina in championship, Ronan McG was sent off for throwing a slap.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.