Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 20, 2009, 11:31:31 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 09:41:59 PM
Just heard the break has been confirmed. Ballpark 2 months.

Would you call the above a sligth exaggeration or spot on?
Dated 5th July

Spot on pal. Spot on. Look it up. Ask any doctor. If your bothered enough track down x-rays and seek other opiniopn.The break was confirmed and I was giving the usual time it takes for this type of injury to heal. I know what I m talking about as I ve seen it all before pal. I was passing on information. McG played yesterday against the odds. You realise your acting the maggot now.

5 weeks for a broken cheek is good going but instead of you acknowledging McG's character for playing yesterday after 2 you seem to want to totally reverse psychology it as if he s responsible for misleading people. What are you trying to say?

mayo51

well said moysider.it is unbelievable how some of our own are still trying to undermine mcgarrity.in my opinion he cannot get enough praise for playing yesterday never mind preforming as well as he did.

Mayo4Sam

I'm trying to say he's no martyr, he played fair play to him, it doesn't require all this ground worshipping that been going on, you'd swear he'd come up with the cure for cancer.

ANd i know well i'd be shot if i said i thought he was poor in the first half yesterday but was excellent in the second half.

Before the game there was a whole load of over the top stuff about his season being over, it quiet clearly isn;t when he was back within a week training, its obvious that the injury wasn't as serious as first expected.
I'm not having a go at him or trying to undermine him, fair play to him, amazing turn around but some of the stuff here would sicken your hole, you'd swear his face was falling off. In the same way that the OTT reacion to CMs antic on Sunday would sicken your hole.

And for the record I didn;t take sides in the McG V Cross case, I despise both clubs in equal measure. Henry should get his justice as shoudl the ballina lad who stamped on him. I'm not a big fan of the vindication you;ve given to your own lad, it is not acceptable to take retribution on another player like that and to condone it doesn't say a lot. If every game went like that we'd never have a game of football just the mess that international rules was a few years ago.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

rosnarun

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2009, 11:04:17 AM
Ros as your campaign for justice for this Cross player gathers momentum can you tell me this? Has that player ever broken another player's jaw or something similar before?
have to plead ignorance on this but i have heard stories , i know someone in the family did.
Any way no where have I attempted to justify or deny what happened . I missed the match and would be relying on other sources. All im looking for   is Due process, would you be anti - Justice?
some one made reference to the Kerry man ,  i think he has actually been living in ballina for about 15 years,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 21, 2009, 11:17:13 PM

I despise both clubs in equal measure.

:D  i'm glad you clarified that mayo4sam i was getting worried about you there for a while  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lar Naparka

QuoteI'm trying to say he's no martyr, he played fair play to him, it doesn't require all this ground worshipping that been going on, you'd swear he'd come up with the cure for cancer.

For my tuppence worth, I think that is very OTT.
The man has to spend the rest of his life with the knowledge that he has cancer in his system and that it could suddenly re-appear and, if it does, he may not be so lucky the second time. Still, he realises that he is a marked man and every time he lines out, he and can expect more digs, kicks and attempts to behead him in the Ciaran Whelan style.

There is one helluva difference between a fool and a brave man. A fool will feel that once he's okay he's fine and will act if there isn't a problem. On the other hand, a brave man will understand the risks, be scared shitless and will then go ahead anyway.

IMO, Ronan McGarrity is a very brave man.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 22, 2009, 10:11:27 AM
QuoteI'm trying to say he's no martyr, he played fair play to him, it doesn't require all this ground worshipping that been going on, you'd swear he'd come up with the cure for cancer.

The man has to spend the rest of his life with the knowledge that he has cancer in his system and that it could suddenly re-appear and, if it does, he may not be so lucky the second time. Still, he realises that he is a marked man and every time he lines out, he and can expect more digs, kicks and attempts to behead him in the Ciaran Whelan style.

There is one helluva difference between a fool and a brave man. A fool will feel that once he's okay he's fine and will act if there isn't a problem. On the other hand, a brave man will understand the risks, be scared shitless and will then go ahead anyway.

Well said Lar. Does Mayo4Sam want his martyrs burned at the stake like the Maid of Orleans? There must be tough hombres out where he's from.

muppet

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 22, 2009, 10:14:21 AM
Well said Lar. Does Mayo4Sam want his martyrs burned at the stake like the Maid of Orleans? There must be tough hombres out where he's from.

There are. Here is a sample.
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 22, 2009, 10:11:27 AM

I did notice that - however I'd imagine that it was just a bad analogy on Mayo4Sam's part and not a dig at Ronan's illness, he's been on here a while and it's not the way he operates.

the Deel Rover

i'd say your right there stephenite. Still can't believe he hates us lot as much as ye boys
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

stephenite

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 22, 2009, 11:53:25 AM
i'd say your right there stephenite. Still can't believe he hates us lot as much as ye boys

As it should be, when they win an All Ireland they'll probably lose the inferiority complex though :P

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on July 22, 2009, 12:00:50 PM

As it should be, when they win an All Ireland they'll probably lose the inferiority complex though :P

true very true Stephenite  :)  i was going to have a big  :D but decided against it  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Mayo4Sam

Poor analogy alright. from personal experience ur told you have something like that, u ask if it can be treated, they say yes, u dont worry, that was me personally maybe mcg was diff but i doubt it. My point is theres a big hullabellu about the broken jaw, he came back cause he was ready, fair play but he didn't turn water into wine (or cure cancer). Judge him on his play on the pitch rather than making a martyr out of him. And i'd burn a lot more than him at the stake from that ballina team!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Well I hate the both of ye in equal measure as well. And I know full well ye (Ballina and Cross) hate us as well, so what's the major issue???
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2009, 02:45:39 PM

Well I hate the both of ye in equal measure as well. And I know full well ye (Ballina and Cross) hate us as well, so what's the major issue???

no issue at all farandeelin i said it with my tongue firmly in my cheek  ;) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers