Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Tate

He wouldnt have got knocked the f**k out if he stayed away. Right so. Henry is a victim aswell then. He got stamped in the face after being targeted by a gang of bullies.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Terry Tate on July 07, 2009, 09:12:15 PM
He wouldnt have got knocked the f**k out if he stayed away. Right so. Henry is a victim aswell then. He got stamped in the face after being targeted by a gang of bullies.

I see, it's McGarrity's fault. Of course. Poor Henry. Butter wouldn't melt.  ::)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Pfff. If Ronan allowed himself be cowed by every pot walloper during his sporting life he would never have played for his county and country. What Henry got he had it coming. If he went out and played football he would nt have had a glove left on him.

Your going down the wrong road whinging for your pal. I dont remember James, Keane, Gardiner, Mac and the other decent Cross footballers being ganged up on down the years by Ballina. Go figure.

Terry Tate

Quote from: moysider on July 07, 2009, 09:23:24 PM

Pfff. If Ronan allowed himself be cowed by every pot walloper during his sporting life he would never have played for his county and country. What Henry got he had it coming. If he went out and played football he would nt have had a glove left on him.

Your going down the wrong road whinging for your pal. I dont remember James, Keane, Gardiner, Mac and the other decent Cross footballers being ganged up on down the years by Ballina. Go figure.

Its not that Moysider. I agree with you about the lads you mentioned above, Henry is a different lad. He is like a light switch, but he is getting all the blame. It takes two to tango. Its awful wrong what happened I accept that but I wont let him take all the blame for this.

Farrandeelin

On a totally separate note, where is Josie Munnelly Park in Castlebar? ??? the new home of the Mitchells I suppose seen as the County Board have taken over McHale Park.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

spectator

It's disgusting to see attempts being made here to portray McG as some sort of troublemaker who deserved everything he got, when in fact he's widely regarded in GAA circles as being the very antithesis of that. This culture of ' what happens in the game stays in the game' sure gets stretched very thinly at times.

Officials, mentors and players need to take more responsibility towards on-field violence, if we're not to see more players going to the courts looking for justice.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts-soft-on-violent-tackles-on-sports-field-123834.html

RedandGreenSniper

Each case needs to be looked on, on its own merits and background is clearly a factor too. If this was any other Crossmolina playing I'd still be mad but somewhat more tolerant than in this case where the offender is someone who has done this on at least two other occasions. If this is the way he reacts to a flaining of the arm, if indeed McGarrity did do that, then he should stop playing football before he ends up in jail.

rosnarun

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 08, 2009, 12:13:24 AM
Each case needs to be looked on, on its own merits and background is clearly a factor too. If this was any other Crossmolina playing I'd still be mad but somewhat more tolerant than in this case where the offender is someone who has done this on at least two other occasions. If this is the way he reacts to a flaining of the arm, if indeed McGarrity did do that, then he should stop playing football before he ends up in jail.
you all seem to be working on the assumption that the cross player intended to break Mcgarritys Jaw! many a punch is thrown in a game most do not connect. Does that really change the nature of the offense ?. in boxing parlance Mcgarrity was unlucky to be hot with such a lucky one the seems to have connect spot on. but to suggest life ban is silly. if the case is proven then he should get his month for striking and if magarrity is shown to have make a strike so should he.
the status of him being an inter county footballer in the context is irrelevant
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ludermor

But this just reinforces that a man should be sent off for throwing a punch whether he connect or not, too many times you hear bout a wild punch missing and people saying ah sure he didnt even hit the man, there might be no intention to break the fellas jaw but there is always the chance it could happen.

muppet

Quote from: venter on July 07, 2009, 08:21:46 PM
Hang on a second muppet. You asked a question and I answered it, and now that you don't like the answer you are accusing me of attacking Ronan mcgarrity's integrity in a numer of posts. Why did You ask a question if you didn't want an answer. And I'm certainly not attacking his integrity by the way so again why don't you just stop trying to put your own interpretation on my thoughts. I do not think he derserves any violent attention and Do not question his integrity. He is a competitive sportsman who tries to get an edge.. What's wrong with that? 

Where did I say I didn't want an answer. It is my opinion that anyone that suggests or hints that Ronan McGarrity stirs up trouble in matches or is somehow responsible for all the Ciaran Whelan like attacks on him is full of it. That is my opinion and every time I see someone post the opposite I will post my opinion. You seem to think that you can end a discussion with a single post (like ending a game with a single punch?). You can't.

As for Terry Tate, if I thought that most people in the Gaa thought like he does I'd start a campaign to have every such incident prosecuted in the courts, to demonstrate to these idiots the difference between a tussle that is part and parcel of a contact sport and the deliberate breaking of a bone in someones head. Thankfully most people don't try to defend such thuggery.
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Quote from: ludermor on July 08, 2009, 08:10:23 AM
But this just reinforces that a man should be sent off for throwing a punch whether he connect or not, too many times you hear bout a wild punch missing and people saying ah sure he didnt even hit the man, there might be no intention to break the fellas jaw but there is always the chance it could happen.
thats my point exactly, though it always pisses me off when the ref takes the easy option and sends off both players when one of them has actually kept his discipline in order to make things seem fair , actually happen me twice ,once in a county final against those claremorris bastardes
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

rosnarun, what club are you from? Is it Crossmolina? I've always thought you were, but maybe I'm wrong.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: rosnarun on July 08, 2009, 02:53:53 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 08, 2009, 12:13:24 AM
you all seem to be working on the assumption that the cross player intended to break Mcgarritys Jaw! many a punch is thrown in a game most do not connect. Does that really change the nature of the offense ?. in boxing parlance Mcgarrity was unlucky to be hot with such a lucky one the seems to have connect spot on. but to suggest life ban is silly. if the case is proven then he should get his month for striking and if magarrity is shown to have make a strike so should he.
the status of him being an inter county footballer in the context is irrelevant

He's been very fortunate before to escape so he, more than anyone, should know the consequences of throwing a punch just as he should know his own strength at this stage. I'm not suggesting a life ban (where on earth did you get that from?) The point I am making is this individual clearly has an issue because it is not the first or second time he has done this. If he cannot control his temper on the field of play then he should stop playing or else run the risk of going to jail for common assault when he breaks another jaw and, unlike in this instance, it is 'caught' by either officials or video. Comprende?
Also suggesting that both players should get a month apiece is the funniest thing I've heard yet.

Terry Tate

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2009, 04:42:43 PM

As for Terry Tate, if I thought that most people in the Gaa thought like he does I'd start a campaign to have every such incident prosecuted in the courts, to demonstrate to these idiots the difference between a tussle that is part and parcel of a contact sport and the deliberate breaking of a bone in someones head. Thankfully most people don't try to defend such thuggery.

Might not be a bad idea it would get rid of allot of the antics like the ones witnessed on sunday, you would want allot of time on your hands though!

Mayo4Sam

Lads can we draw i line under this one now, it won't be solved on here & this stage we're only repeating ourselves. Any word on the other games? Did i see right that c'town only drew? Great news for the rest of the county. I'd also like some thrash talk on how ballina are going to come out and bate us at home
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me