Section 1
Garrymore 0-10 Charlestown 0-10  :o

Section 2
Ballina Stephenites 0-6 Crossmolina deel Rovers 0-11

Section 3
Breaffy 0-9 Shrule-Glencorrib 0-12
Burrishoole 1-6 Ballaghaderreen 0-15

Section 4
Ballintubber 1-8 Bohola Moy Davitts 0-9.

Here are the group tables.

Section 1
Charlestown 3pts
Aghamore    2pts
Castlebar      2pts
Garrymore    1pt

Section 2
Crossmolina  3pts
Knockmore  3pts
Ballina         2pts
Ballinrobe    0

Section 3
Ballaghaderreen  4pts
Shrule-Glencorrib4pts
Burrishoole         0
Breaffy              0

Section 4
Ballintubber          4pts
Bohola MoyDavitts 2pts
Kiltane                2pts
Claremorris          0

I'm not going to post up the intermediate as I've stuff to do!! :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

venter

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:44:59 PM

Ronan cant punch. Push somebody maybe. He did nothing to warrant that type of reaction. As you infer and I know yer man has previous.

After reading some of the comments on here, I have to have my say on this.

Fair enough Farrandeelin, you were at the game and seen the incident between Henry Mc and Ronan McG. I also seen the incident and it was pretty much two boys yapping at each other (or sledging I think they call it) and then tangling and the Ronan flailing an arm towards Henry's head and Henry throwing a punch. (Sorry about adding a new verb into the equation Luder)

Now Henry could haved flailed his arms back, but he stupidly threw a punch. He should have been sent off.
But anyone that suggests that this was some kind of Unprovoked off the ball assault on an innocent bystander is way off the mark. The Ballina lads know Henry well enough and I'm sure they knew it would be easy enough to provoke another stupid reaction out of him

Disaster 1 for Ballina : Ronan took a sore belt and was not fit to continue
Disaster 2 for Ballina: The ref and lines men missed the whole incident and failed to send Henry off.

When he was wrongly left on the field, the Ballina players set about getting their own retribution through violence. That's why Henry left the field with a busted nose and 4 stiches in his face (from 2 separate incidents). Surely this is as much of a talking point??

Deel Rover, I'm not at all confused by Muppets condescending eye rolling comment.  I dare say he was not even at the game yet he feels he is in a position to mock any suggestion that Ronan could have any involvement in the agro.

It's terrible for Ronan McGarrity and Mayo that he will miss the connacht final. Nobody deserves to be there more than him after him fighting his way back from cancer and getting back to being one of our top players again. Hopefully he can make a quick recovery. Is it possible to play with a mask when it is the cheek bone? I remember Stephen Rochford playing a few games with a mask when he broke his cheek bone.

The game itself wasn't up to much. Ballina have gone back a long way and unfortunately we are not much ahead of them. The glory days are over.
Ciaran Mac showed he is still a class act when he popped over a lovely score after only being on the field a couple of minutes and then pointed a 60 yard free. Jimmy Nallen had a fine game at midfield. We have a new corner back in Joe Keane , who looks very good.He is extremely fast and fairly skillful as well.  Peadar had a good game at center back and mopped up a lot of stuff that came down that channel. Mike Gallagher put in some amount of work at center forward and it's an awful pity for him that he took a big hit at the end and broke his collarbone.

As for Ballina, they have some excellent defenders. McCarron is a tough customer at wing back. Ger Cafferkey was a bit disappointing at center back. He kicked a lot of ball away. He looks far better for Mayo when he is just winning the ball at full back and popping it off to supporting players. The forwards are very poor. Pat Harte and Casey had no real options but to carry the ball as much as possible.

moysider

Quote from: venter on July 06, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Ronan cant punch. Push somebody maybe. He did nothing to warrant that type of reaction. As you infer and I know yer man has previous.

When he was wrongly left on the field, the Ballina players set about getting their own retribution through violence. That's why Henry left the field with a busted nose and 4 stiches in his face (from 2 separate incidents). Surely this is as much of a talking point??

Er no. Nothing to see here. We d have been some sleevens if we did nt go for him under the circumstances. remember it was the second half when it was realised the seriousness of what he had done  that he got the works - and he got off light imo. If he had nt been taken off for stitches it would have been much worse for him. Ref was nt interested in protecting him and other Cross players attempts to protect him looked watery enough too.

muppet

Fair enough Farrandeelin, you were at the game and seen the incident between Henry Mc and Ronan McG. I also seen the incident and it was pretty much two boys yapping at each other (or sledging I think they call it) and then tangling and the Ronan flailing an arm towards Henry's head and Henry throwing a punch. (Sorry about adding a new verb into the equation Luder)

Now Henry could haved flailed his arms back, but he stupidly threw a punch. He should have been sent off.
But anyone that suggests that this was some kind of Unprovoked off the ball assault on an innocent bystander is way off the mark. The Ballina lads know Henry well enough and I'm sure they knew it would be easy enough to provoke another stupid reaction out of him

Disaster 2 for Ballina: The ref and lines men missed the whole incident and failed to send Henry off.

Deel Rover, I'm not at all confused by Muppets condescending eye rolling comment.  I dare say he was not even at the game yet he feels he is in a position to mock any suggestion that Ronan could have any involvement in the agro.

It's terrible for Ronan McGarrity and Mayo that he will miss the connacht final. Nobody deserves to be there more than him after him fighting his way back from cancer and getting back to being one of our top players again. Hopefully he can make a quick recovery. Is it possible to play with a mask when it is the cheek bone? I remember Stephen Rochford playing a few games with a mask when he broke his cheek bone.

The game itself wasn't up to much. Ballina have gone back a long way and unfortunately we are not much ahead of them. The glory days are over.
Ciaran Mac showed he is still a class act when he popped over a lovely score after only being on the field a couple of minutes and then pointed a 60 yard free. Jimmy Nallen had a fine game at midfield. We have a new corner back in Joe Keane , who looks very good.He is extremely fast and fairly skillful as well.  Peadar had a good game at center back and mopped up a lot of stuff that came down that channel. Mike Gallagher put in some amount of work at center forward and it's an awful pity for him that he took a big hit at the end and broke his collarbone.

As for Ballina, they have some excellent defenders. McCarron is a tough customer at wing back. Ger Cafferkey was a bit disappointing at center back. He kicked a lot of ball away. He looks far better for Mayo when he is just winning the ball at full back and popping it off to supporting players. The forwards are very poor. Pat Harte and Casey had no real options but to carry the ball as much as possible.

Venter I wasn't at the match. But tell me this, is Ronan McGarrity known for picking fights or not? Condescending my arse.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2009, 08:00:05 PM

Venter I wasn't at the match. But tell me this, is Ronan McGarrity known for picking fights or not? Condescending my arse.

Ronan no fighter. Hitting him like drowning puppies.

Mayo4Sam

In fairness lads mcgarrity does love a bit of shoving and pushing, i always wonder what hes at cause he wouldn;t bate snow off a rope. Obviously tried it with the wrong lad. It sounds like the ballina lads got their retribution in which means they cant exactly be complaining.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 06, 2009, 11:26:18 PM
In fairness lads mcgarrity does love a bit of shoving and pushing, i always wonder what hes at cause he wouldn;t bate snow off a rope. Obviously tried it with the wrong lad. It sounds like the ballina lads got their retribution in which means they cant exactly be complaining.

Not sure what to make of that post to be honest Mayo4Sam. McGarrity no hardman but he s a job to do as a ball winner so he cant be cowed. On Sunday after 30/40 seconds Ballina were awarded a free in middle of field. McG 10 yards away tried to find space to make himself available for a pass and was checked. He tried to push yer man off and got whacked. What to do? Cafferkey s supporting runs were stopped at source all day as well. Disappointingly the ref was nt interested and Caf did nt sort it himself either.  Good homework by Cross management and nothing wrong except one guy got the red mist.

As regards retribution[a bit of consolation was got, but really yer man not someone to put on yer cv] and Ballina complaining. It s not just a Ballina problem now you know.

rosnarun

so lads which is it . are you against violence per se  or just violence against 6' 6'' ballina midfielders, you really weakening your case glorifying the beating given out to the crossmolina player . to add to the verb in use i'll add another one Striking , the one referees use in their reports on such incidences this includes flailing punching slapping Hitting and Clocking  and is a month automatic if not 2 . this also include attempts to do so.  so maybe if the ref had seen what happened we'd have the same result from a Mayo point of view anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: rosnarun on July 07, 2009, 12:30:10 AM
so lads which is it . are you against violence per se  or just violence against 6' 6'' ballina midfielders, you really weakening your case glorifying the beating given out to the crossmolina player . to add to the verb in use i'll add another one Striking , the one referees use in their reports on such incidences this includes flailing punching slapping Hitting and Clocking  and is a month automatic if not 2 . this also include attempts to do so.  so maybe if the ref had seen what happened we'd have the same result from a Mayo point of view anyway

Aaragh what are ye on about. The agenda for the last day was set after first minute. Only after half time when Ballina lads realised the extent of the damage and the extent of the advantage Cross got from a despicable act did they seek retribution. Well deserved and while I usually abhor violence on this occasion it was well justified. Unfortunately he did nt get half enough and I ve no doubt there are Cross people agree with me. Not many Cross players rushing to his aid either and pathetic to see him whinging to ref about rough treatment after he got a few well deserved clips. He might play a long time but he ll always be remembered for this. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Nobody glorifying any beating but in circumcstances it had to be done and as I said he got off light, so please stop trying to balance books after a few shots at a contrary young fella without much talent, apart from quick fists and a quicker temper. Anyway he s not exactly a shining light. He there to give and take punishment. Works both ways. Judging by some remarks on here he s regarded as a bit of a lad that can handle himself. He wont complain so about a few raps I m sure. Not like he s a good footballer or anything.

And Rosnarun if you cant see the difference between a club slogger taking out the best player on opp team under some pretext of being annoyed in first minute and opposition putting manners on same pup when officials could nt. Say no more. If shoe was on the other foot I would expect Cross players to do same. Supposin Mac or James got done?

Davitt Man

and its not the first time this fella has broke a mans jaw.....

Farrandeelin

He should be banned from playing football.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

venter

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2009, 08:00:05 PM

[/quote]

Muppet, The first time I saw Ronan playing championship football was against Galway in 2004, and no less than Kevin Walsh was laying into him with digs to the ribs. The following game against the rossies, he had Seamie O'Neill wound up like a clock. This was manna from heaven for a mayo fan. He dominated two much more experienced players and he was not afraid to get involved with a bit of needle.

The following year against Armagh, the outstanding midfielder of the decade, Paul Mcgrane, threw a kick at Ronans head while he was lying prone on the ground ( a fairly cowardly act i might add). In 2006, Ciaran Whelan, blatantly tried to decapitate Ronan in front of 80,000 people. If these are all isolated incidents, then Ronan is fierce unlucky

So yes, I do think Ronan is able to get involved in a bit of messing, and I also think we wouldn't be half the team we are, if he wasnt shaking things up like he does.

Moysider, when this investigation starts, the stamping incident perpetrated on the Crossmolina player will surely be investigated also.

Regardless, when you think about the amount of work that each county player puts in, it is truely sickening that he will miss the rest of the season

Mayo4Sam

i've seen mcg play enough to have seen him act the hard man when he has no place to be at it. I didn't see the incident but from what is being described here its something i've seen from him before, petulant. The man stands in front of him & instead of leathering the ball at him he goes pushing, at best its a hop ball, at worst this happens. Caff needs to learn to deal with things like this, he'll come across a lot more cynical teams than cross. & if the ballina lads did go after this lad then they'll have to take their suspensions too, great news for us. Farr i dont know how u can come out with that, you've a short memory, if that was the ruling for any player that did something like that we'd have missed out on pretty much anyone named mchale, staunton, dempsey etc. And stephenite i remember playing against a county player who drew on me while i was on the ground & the ref let it go cause there was an all ireland semi the following wk & 10 minutes later when i buried him off the ball i didn't give 2 shites bout mayo or whether that lad wld be playing or not
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: venter on July 07, 2009, 09:58:01 AM

Moysider, when this investigation starts, the stamping incident perpetrated on the Crossmolina player will surely be investigated also.

No doubt. Though stamping might be a bit ott describing it. If only to muddy waters. But it s small beer and and not the substantive issue and would nt have happened if the officials had done their job in the first place. 4 umpires not even consulted.

As why Ronan has been targeted so much. He s good but probably seen as somebody that can be roughed up. All that nonsense about him being a converted basketball player does nt help. Real footballers seem to fancy a piece of him. Jack O Connor s bit about him in his book interesting.

the Deel Rover

What did he say about ronan moysider ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001