Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2009, 12:51:15 PM
Last night's results for those of you who don't already know by this stage.

Senior Championship Section 1
Castlebar 1-15 Aughamore 2-8.

Section 2
Knockmore 1-8 Ballinrobe 0-7

Section 4
Kiltane 0-13 Claremorris 1-5

Some things never change, i.e. Kiltane still hard beaten at home.

Knockmore v Ballinrobe was a real battle. Nice one to win from our point of view as a point will do us  regardless of how Ballina/Cross do today. John OI'Mahony was at the game yesterday. I suppose it was too much of a slog for top inter-county players to shine, but I'd say he will have seen how Vaughan and McLoughlin didn't contribute too much as the match was too 'tough' for skillful players. A hard match to referee too for Denis Harrington. What club is he from by the way?

If you think that was tough, and it was, today s game between Cross and Ballina off the Richter scale. Vicious. Facile win for Cross but the real story was the off the ball assault on McGarrity in first minute. Looks bad for him. Looks like it may be a broken cheekbone. He s on his way to hospital. Fingers crossed it s not a fracture but I ll be mighty relieved if its not.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 30, 2009, 08:29:26 AM
It was nice to see the Independent yesterday having the full results and league tables. Anyway, roll on next weekend for more championship action. In our group, I can't see Cross troubling Ballina, while Knockmore hopefully should beat Ballinrobe. What's everyone elses opinions?

make sure you keep writing us off farrandeelin  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2009, 12:51:15 PM
Last night's results for those of you who don't already know by this stage.

Senior Championship Section 1
Castlebar 1-15 Aughamore 2-8.

Section 2
Knockmore 1-8 Ballinrobe 0-7

Section 4
Kiltane 0-13 Claremorris 1-5

Some things never change, i.e. Kiltane still hard beaten at home.

Knockmore v Ballinrobe was a real battle. Nice one to win from our point of view as a point will do us  regardless of how Ballina/Cross do today. John OI'Mahony was at the game yesterday. I suppose it was too much of a slog for top inter-county players to shine, but I'd say he will have seen how Vaughan and McLoughlin didn't contribute too much as the match was too 'tough' for skillful players. A hard match to referee too for Denis Harrington. What club is he from by the way?

Thought Vaughan tried hard. McLoughlin did nothing wrong but it did nt open up for him. Fierce tight altogether. O Malley s freetaking remarkable and maybe he could be used for the odd long one at county level. It was looking bad for Knockmore with 10 to go and then Howley opened up and that was it. I ve been one of his biggest doubters but I have to say I thought Kilcoyne was very good and he took his goal brilliantly. Even Knockmore people at the game, and talking to more after, are being won over by his recent form.

Terry Tate

McG hit/slapped Henry first, then Henry clocked him. If McG wants to get involved in that sort of stuff then he should also do a bit of research on who not to get involved with.

Anyway Henry got paid back later on. One of the ballina players racked his studs across Henry's mouth. He had to get 4 stiches but obviously not as bad as a broken cheekbone. Michael Gallagher broke his collar bone as a result of a hefty challenge from Ballina's No.5

So it was a fairly vicious match. I was surprised Paddy Mac didnt take Liam Bradys head off after Brady kicked him on his way to the line. Must be getting sense in his old age

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Terry Tate on July 05, 2009, 05:05:20 PM
McG hit/slapped Henry first, then Henry clocked him. If McG wants to get involved in that sort of stuff then he should also do a bit of research on who not to get involved with.

Anyway Henry got paid back later on. One of the ballina players racked his studs across Henry's mouth. He had to get 4 stiches but obviously not as bad as a broken cheekbone. Michael Gallagher broke his collar bone as a result of a hefty challenge from Ballina's No.5

So it was a fairly vicious match. I was surprised Paddy Mac didnt take Liam Bradys head off after Brady kicked him on his way to the line. Must be getting sense in his old age

well mc garry and brady did their best trying to get a reaction from paddy mc today
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

moysider

Ronan cant punch. Push somebody maybe. He did nothing to warrant that type of reaction. As you infer and I know yer man has previous.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:44:59 PM

Ronan cant punch. Push somebody maybe. He did nothing to warrant that type of reaction. As you infer and I know yer man has previous.

McGarrity of course is known for picking fights.  ::) ::) ::)
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

your confusing me muppett
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Farrandeelin

Was at the match myself and it was a disgrace Henry stayed on. McGarrity did not punch, I was looking straight at it. Anyway, McLoughlin should be totally ashamed of himself. And before ye all come on saying that 'all this coming from a Knockmore man blablabla' I'm more worried about this day fortnight in Salthill. Still though, Ballina's forwards were abysmal in the first half.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Terry Tate

Who said he punched him?

ludermor

Terry you might define the following for me as i wasnt at the game and im a wee bit confused
Hit
Slapped
Clocked
Punch

moysider

Just heard the break has been confirmed. Ballpark 2 months. That means he ll be missing for the crucial Knockmore winner take all clash. Not good.

Mayo4Sam

Bad news for mayo, good news for us.

Typical Ballina because they didn;t have to win they we lax about it, same as their league form, haven't won a game since they decided they were safe.
Will be a big battle out in Knockmore but i wouldn;t fancy us, we've been pretty poor in the first too games
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Suppose, but I'd rather beat any team with their best available. Awful news for Mayo. >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2009, 10:46:41 PM
Suppose, but I'd rather beat any team with their best available. Awful news for Mayo. >:(

Maybe Farandeelin. But I think most people realise that in Mayo it s the local stuff that counts. Unlike say Kerry or Galway, Mayo s fortunes are secondary to local skermishes. If say P Joyce or an O Sé was taken out before a major county game there would be hell to play in Galway and Kerry. In Mayo, county is a bit of a carnival. Explains a lot really.