Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 30, 2009, 01:44:58 PM
Na Abbeysider Farrandellin is right, them knockmore bucks love writing us of  ;) :D In fairness we had a good win at the weekend and are 2nd in the Leauge a point behind Charlestown. If we could get some sort of a result on sunday  we should then have a few weeks before the next match and hopefully we should have a full suad to pick from by then.

Write Crossmolina off at your peril !

I rate them at No 1 in the county at the minute....

My top 5 club teams so far...

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

How is McDonald? Is he back yet or expected back soon?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 30, 2009, 03:46:04 PM
Na Abbeysider Farrandellin is right, them knockmore bucks love writing us of  ;) :D In fairness we had a good win at the weekend and are 2nd in the Leauge a point behind Charlestown. If we could get some sort of a result on sunday  we should then have a few weeks before the next match and hopefully we should have a full suad to pick from by then.

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

He was back training the past 3 weeks but it strained again on Friday thats why he didn't play on sunday . I'd hope we see him play again for Cross later on in the year if we are still involved and if we are not involved i'd have my doubts as to wheter we would see him again in the Cross Jersey  as i'd say a lot of the older boys wll be hanging up the boots this year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

I know, but I think some of the Crossmolina fellas are a bit too old now. I know that I've only seen them once and they were poor, against us. Then again, we weren't great. Plus Ballina have a good spine and are always a good championship team. I know Ballinrobe beat them by 10 in the league and look at what happened in the championship! Then again, Maughan might have a few glances at this and say 'Right lads, I want ye all to prove this Farrandeelin fecker wrong!' ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

Ah stop! No way ye aren't in the top 5! Are you getting lessons from Johnno about playing down yer chances?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

QuoteQuote from: AbbeySider on June 30, 2009, 03:46:04 PM
Na Abbeysider Farrandellin is right, them knockmore bucks love writing us of    In fairness we had a good win at the weekend and are 2nd in the Leauge a point behind Charlestown. If we could get some sort of a result on sunday  we should then have a few weeks before the next match and hopefully we should have a full suad to pick from by then.

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

Ah stop! No way ye aren't in the top 5! Are you getting lessons from Johnno about playing down yer chances?

Ballintubber have been impressive in the league and championship so far this year, but we have yet to beat any of the top 5 that Abbeysider listed.
Until one of the 'big boys' are beaten, we're still unproven so can't be considered top 5. QED  ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tubberman on July 01, 2009, 12:29:47 AM
QuoteQuote from: AbbeySider on June 30, 2009, 03:46:04 PM
Na Abbeysider Farrandellin is right, them knockmore bucks love writing us of    In fairness we had a good win at the weekend and are 2nd in the Leauge a point behind Charlestown. If we could get some sort of a result on sunday  we should then have a few weeks before the next match and hopefully we should have a full suad to pick from by then.

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

Ballintubber have been impressive in the league and championship so far this year, but we have yet to beat any of the top 5 that Abbeysider listed.
Until one of the 'big boys' are beaten, we're still unproven so can't be considered top 5. QED  ;)

So lets say ye play and beat Castlebar Mitchels in the championship quarter-finals and then Shrule in the semi-final before losing to, say, Charlestown in the final, does that mean ye are still not in the top 5 because ye didn't beat any of the top 5? Ye've been the most impressive team this year and ye might not want to get ahead of yerselves, but them the facts. Stop Johnno must have given a group session out in Clogher!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 01, 2009, 12:24:20 AM

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

:D :D :D not at all R&G . The thing is that is we play to our potential and have Mc back we could be there out there abouts. He is a huge loss to us and if we had him against Knockmore the result would have been different and we wouldn't be under as much pressure to win or draw against the stephenites. It should be a real interesting championship when it gets to the quarter final stage .The team i'd think are favoutites are charlestown  who look like they have something to prove this year after last years defeat. trouble is you can't get too exicted about early season form as the q/f , semis and finals are a long way off and a lot can happen between now and then. As regards been in the top 5 the only one that counts is the team that has in their possession the moclair cup come the seasons end
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 01, 2009, 12:37:54 AM
So lets say ye play and beat Castlebar Mitchels in the championship quarter-finals and then Shrule in the semi-final before losing to, say, Charlestown in the final, does that mean ye are still not in the top 5 because ye didn't beat any of the top 5? Ye've been the most impressive team this year and ye might not want to get ahead of yerselves, but them the facts. Stop Johnno must have given a group session out in Clogher!

Im flattered that you think we are in the top 5 R&GS. We havent proved anything yet in my book. We may be playing good football but its hard to know where we are at because (with no disrespect) Claremorris didnt put up much of a fight.  know thery were rated, and they rated themselves but, man for man they dont have the quality of players that the big 5 have at their disposal.

In fact if I was to continue....

1 - Crossmolina
2 - Charlestown
3 - Ballaghadreen
4 - Ballina
5 - Knockmore

6 - Shrule Glencorrib
7 - Moy-Davitts/Ballintubber (cant call it yet)
9 - Ballinrobe
10- Garrymore/Burrishoole/Westport

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 01, 2009, 07:55:37 AM
:D :D :D not at all R&G . The thing is that is we play to our potential and have Mc back we could be there out there abouts. He is a huge loss to us and if we had him against Knockmore the result would have been different and we wouldn't be under as much pressure to win or draw against the stephenites. It should be a real interesting championship when it gets to the quarter final stage .The team i'd think are favoutites are charlestown  who look like they have something to prove this year after last years defeat. trouble is you can't get too exicted about early season form as the q/f , semis and finals are a long way off and a lot can happen between now and then. As regards been in the top 5 the only one that counts is the team that has in their possession the moclair cup come the seasons end

Agreed Deel Rover! But we can still talk a good game....  ;)  :P  :D

moysider

After taking a year out there are indications that Ballina are showing some interest. A result at the weekend would leave Ballina sitting pretty with a round to go. Ballina have never been a league team - just do enough to stay in the top flight. In fact  never remember the league being won by Ballina.

If Ballina get to the knockout stages with a full deck to choose from they ll take stopping. You ll have noticed that Enda Dev is back in harness, and if he gets back to close to his best he ll be some addition. The big man needs to stick to his guns and keep faith with some younger lads like McCarron, Crowe, Rouse,Healy and O Hara while the contribution of some of the older hands may need some hard scrutiny. The return of Hughes, Melia, Sweeney and McHale would be some boost too, if it happens. There would nt be many stronger panels about then.

Farrandeelin

OK, moysider's point sums it up exactly for me. Ballina have Harte and McGarrity at CF, who have Crossmolina?? Was talking to a Ballina man yesterday and he said he's fairly confident of a win. Was talking to a Crossmolina fella today and he's not too confident at all. He reckons Ballina will clean them at midfield. It could well happen.

The flame still burns

Previews of the senior games on me blog for anyone who wants a look. Ballintubber to go all the way!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/moving-day-in-the-club-championship/

From the Bunker

Was anybody at the Mayo v Kerry game last weekend, seems the referee got scores and communication mixed up. Mayo scored the (So called) winning point 5 minutes into injury time, but the Kerry bench though it was the equaliser and were totally confused when the Mayo bench ran onto the pitch on the final whistle. Needless to say there were alot of angry mentors, players, supporters and parents.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 02, 2009, 08:08:43 PM
OK, moysider's point sums it up exactly for me. Ballina have Harte and McGarrity at CF, who have Crossmolina?? Was talking to a Ballina man yesterday and he said he's fairly confident of a win. Was talking to a Crossmolina fella today and he's not too confident at all. He reckons Ballina will clean them at midfield. It could well happen.
and before that they had brady and Mchale but yet for the last 10-12 years Cross have won far more than they have lost. i think the question is how will cross' newish forwards fare Carolan kelly and hopefully cafferty have big potential  hope its not a year too soon for them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The flame still burns

Quick run through of the intermediate matches this weekend on my blog. I'm going for Belmullet to win it out.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/

Farrandeelin

Last night's results for those of you who don't already know by this stage.

Senior Championship Section 1
Castlebar 1-15 Aughamore 2-8.

Section 2
Knockmore 1-8 Ballinrobe 0-7

Section 4
Kiltane 0-13 Claremorris 1-5

Some things never change, i.e. Kiltane still hard beaten at home.

Knockmore v Ballinrobe was a real battle. Nice one to win from our point of view as a point will do us  regardless of how Ballina/Cross do today. John OI'Mahony was at the game yesterday. I suppose it was too much of a slog for top inter-county players to shine, but I'd say he will have seen how Vaughan and McLoughlin didn't contribute too much as the match was too 'tough' for skillful players. A hard match to referee too for Denis Harrington. What club is he from by the way?