Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 21, 2009, 10:44:25 PM
Sure, some of the junior club players could be given a chance but it makes more sense to pick an intermediate club player, who has played at a higher level, than a junior player, unless that junior player is exceptional.

Nail on the head!

AbbeySider

Quote from: REDCOL on May 22, 2009, 01:50:24 AM
Abbeysider E Varley flies out to Chicago on that date, T Nally on holidays think they scored 7 of 9 points against you the weekend. Trying to get Varleys flight changed the club will have to foot that bill, its not good enough

Its not good enough. I cant understand why that game could not have been played on the Friday or the Monday and why it was pushed out a full week?

I know that Aughamore have about 4 players involved with Mayo Juniors but at the same time, the fixture should have gone ahead the weekend everyone else is playing. Its only the Mayo Juniors FFS.

The flame still burns

I'm doing previews on each of the club championship sections for the Senior and Intermediate ahead of next weekend. Starting today with the Section 1 Senior group of Charlestown, Castlebar, Garrymore and Aghamore.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/focus-on-senior-cship-section-1/

An Laoch

Championship Odds from Ladbrokes......

11/4   Charlestown
3/1   Ballaghaderreen
7/2   Crossmolina
6/1   Knockmore
7/1   Ballina Stephenites
8/1   Castlebar Mitchells
8/1   Shrule/Glencorrib
10/1   Claremorris
12/1   Ballintubber
66/1   Kiltane
80/1   Burrishoole
100/1 Aghamore
100/1 Ballinrobe
100/1 Breaffy
100/1 Garrymore
100/1 Moy Davitts

Foreverhopeful

my money is on claremorris

REDCOL

I wish I was a bookie I would lay Claremorris all day.

The flame still burns

Preview on Section B of the Senior Championship - the tame group where there'll be no fighting between Ballina, Knockmore and Crossmolina  :P. Oh, and Ballinrobe are in there too.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/05/23/focus-on-senior-cship-section-2/

The flame still burns

Preview on Section C of the Senior Championship - Ballaghaderreen, Breaffy, Shrule/Glencorrib and Burrishoole.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/focus-on-senior-cship-section-3/

AbbeySider

Quote from: REDCOL on May 23, 2009, 03:36:03 PM
I wish I was a bookie I would lay Claremorris all day.

Are you serious? If league form is anything to go by then they are a team to watch out for. They have some great forwards in Mullins and Brady who have banged in 11 goals in 4 league games. Thats some scoring this time of year.

Why dont you rate them REDCOL ?

AbbeySider

The flame still burns
I just read all your Club Championship previews thus far! Great work, keep it up!

REDCOL

I have seen a lot of them Abbeysider, and putting aside local rivalry they have a lot of weak links. They are very fit and confident and are a vey good league team. They do not like the hard stuff, if you play football with them they love it. In my opinion they have two quality forwards, Ger Brady and M Mullins, the rest are ordinary. Midfielders are both men for the gallery catch but no real substance behind them, Gary Mullins has all the attributes but would be the most criticised player in the club, B Gallagher did you see the U-21 Semi Final. Paddy Navin probably the bst FB in club football, Sean Prendergast very good wing back, the rest you can have them. Mc Callig good shot stopper then he will let one over his head.

They have a very good manager who is getting the most out of what is available, will be promoted to Division 1 and they are top 6 in Mayo but Moclair cup no chance.
I would not like to take on Charlestown they have quality all over the field if they keep the heads.

1. Charlestown
2. Ballaghadreen
3. Shrule
4. Crossmolina
5. Ballinrobe
6. Claremorris
7. Ballina
8. Ballintubber
9. Knockmore
10. Breaffy

These would be my top 10 in order for championship, therefore I would lay claremorris @ 8/1 all day

RedandGreenSniper

But they're 10/1. About right for their standing.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 25, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
But they're 10/1. About right for their standing.

Ladbrokes Odds

Club Football - 2009 Mayo SFC - (Tournament winner)

Charlestown    11/4
   Ballaghaderreen    3/1
   Crossmolina    7/2
   Knockmore    6/1
   Ballina Stephenites    7/1
   Castlebar Mitchells    8/1
   Shrule/Glencorrib    8/1
   Claremorris    10/1
   Ballintubber    12/1
   Breaffy    66/1
   Kiltane    66/1
   Burrishoole    80/1
   Aghamore    100/1
   Ballinrobe    100/1
   Garrymore    100/1
   Moy Davitts    100/1

Each-way bets 1/3 odds first 2

IMO Castlebar should be further down the pecking order as their league form is nothing to write home about. Shrule on the otherhand would be shorter in my book as they are definite contenders. Breaffy at 66's is an insult, I can see them turning things around quickly as they are not a bad Championship team and you dont turn into a bad team overnight.

Moy Davitts being 100-1 is another head scratcher. They drew to Ballagh in Ballagh 1-8 a piece last week!?

The flame still burns

Senior championship section 4 preview - Claremorris, Ballintubber, Moy Davitts and Kiltane. Claremorris v Ballintubber Saturday evening in Claremorris should be a dinger of a game.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/05/26/focus-on-senior-cship-section-4/

Farrandeelin

Any other times? I'm based in Dublin and I was checking the time for Knockmore and Cross, and other games too but no sign of them changed over on mayogaa. The whole lot of them are down for 8 am Sunday morning according to that website...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.