Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 17, 2009, 07:38:40 PM

I remember being at that game. The oul fella wasn't too happy that ye won. I was too innocent to know the nature of the different club rivalries back then!! :D

It was hardly due to the goodwill he would have had to kiltane id say!!
We took corofin to a replay that year alright and if memory serves me right had to play them the next day. I think they went on to win the all ireland that year.  Just shows the level of teams in teh county that time.

RedandGreenSniper

No, it was 1998 that Corofin won the All-Ireland.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ludermor

Sound R&GS, wasnt sure bout that

Owenmoresider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 16, 2009, 11:08:58 PM
Decent piece that. Garry' are a club that I have tremendous respect for.
There's lads I know who despise them, you could probably guess the club in question. Garrymore and Hollymount are in the one parish aren't they? And where does Carramore come in?

Re 95, Corofin won Connacht but lost the AI semi. Garrymore played 9-10 games without getting to the final. From memory they also beat Davitts in a replay, that saga with Charlestown and the trio with Cross.

REDCOL

Yeah, Garry and Holly in the one parish with Carramore sandwiched in between, Carramore & Holly joined together at underage. Numbers are tight for all three - Garry are very tight on numbers at underage. They had 4 on Minor Panel in 2007, two in 2008, and currently 3 in this years setup but early days. Things arent so hot after this year. One bright spot though, we have the best club forward in mayo, even though Johnno doesnt think so.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: REDCOL on April 19, 2009, 12:14:42 PM
Yeah, Garry and Holly in the one parish with Carramore sandwiched in between, Carramore & Holly joined together at underage. Numbers are tight for all three - Garry are very tight on numbers at underage. They had 4 on Minor Panel in 2007, two in 2008, and currently 3 in this years setup but early days. Things arent so hot after this year. One bright spot though, we have the best club forward in mayo, even though Johnno doesnt think so.

McDonald is gone to Garrymore? Didn't see that one coming.

REDCOL

Johnno knows about him RGS

Farrandeelin

Heard Knockmore lost today. Anyone have any other information as regarding the league games down for decision over the weekend?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Here ya go FD

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1A
Knockmore 1-09, Ballaghaderreen 2-08;
Bohola Moy Davitts 1-04, Charlestown 1-13;
Shrule-Glencorrib 0-12, Breaffy 0-11;
Ballinrobe 2-09, Burrishoole 0-09;
Ballina Stephenites 2-07, Westport 0-11;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1B
Castlebar 0-08, Claremorris 2-12;
Davitts 1-09, Ballintubber 1-13;
Garrymore 0-11, Aghamore 2-06;
Kiltane 0-12, Kilmeena 0-08;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1C
Hollymount 0-09, Kiltimagh 1-08;
Achill 2-15, Bonniconlon 1-09;
Islandeady 3-10, Kilmaine 2-03;
Parke 1-14, The Neale 0-06;
Louisburgh 2-11, Cill Chomáin 0-07;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1D
Ballyhaunis 1-07, Lahardane 1-07;
Crossmolina B 3-07, Mayo Gaels 0-13;
Eastern Gaels 0-08, Ballina Stephenites B 0-14;
Killala 4-15, Carramore 0-08;
Knockmore B 1-08, Ardnaree 2-10;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1E
Crossmolina C 1-13, Ballaghaderreen B 2-03;
Castlebar B 0-06, Ballintubber B 3-13;
Charlestown B 2-06, Claremorris B 2-03;
Ballycastle 1-07, Ardmoy 0-09;
Bohola Moy Davitts B 2-13, Balla 1-04;

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1F
Davitts B 0-10, Kilfian 1-17;
Ardmoy B 0-08, Aghamore B 1-16;
Achill B 0-09, Ballinrobe B 2-10;
Lacken 3-08, Westport B 1-06;

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 19, 2009, 10:44:43 PM
Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1A
Bohola Moy Davitts 1-04, Charlestown 1-13;
Castlebar 0-08, Claremorris 2-12;

Some big winning margins there by Charlestown and Claremorris. An early indication of those two teams going well.
Would have expected Castlebar to have put up more of a fight than that at home; and Moy Davitts for that matter. 

Farrandeelin

Yeah, and the fact that Knockmore have to play Charlestown next Sunday doesn't bode well. :-\

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 20, 2009, 08:20:30 PM
Yeah, and the fact that Knockmore have to play Charlestown next Sunday doesn't bode well. :-\

Don t be all doom and gloom Deelin. Didn t Howley return and played well in half forward line. Why did nt you tell us that? Have nt we had enough doom and gloom for one weekend.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 16, 2009, 11:31:50 PM
Was it in 1995 that they (Garrymore) kept on moaning about something with Crossmolina which had to have Kiltane nominated to go through to represent the county. I'm not sure of the details, maybe Deel Rover could fill me in.

Yeah, I remember that alright. I have a fair idea who was behind it but PJ Loftus was the focus of it. Shame because Cross could have gone a long way that year. I remember I bought a beachcasting rod after the final, I think it was, in Castlebar. Had some great days with it and still use it sometimes, but its a reminder how the years slip by. One of my mates who used fish with me has gone to his untimely resting place and the sands of time have drifted by from some fine players from those times as well. Tony Corcoran was a player with a great furure in Spring/early Summer 95 but was never the same after an injury that Summer. To hell with that. Ye guys of the IT age dont want to know about such sentiment. Apologies.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on April 21, 2009, 12:33:32 AM

Don t be all doom and gloom Deelin. Didn t Howley return and played well in half forward line. Why did nt you tell us that? Have nt we had enough doom and gloom for one weekend.

I wasn'tatthe game, I had to go to Dublin early. To get ready for Monday and stuff.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2009, 08:30:32 AM
Quote from: moysider on April 21, 2009, 12:33:32 AM

I wasn'tatthe game, I had to go to Dublin early. To get ready for Monday and stuff.

Sure I was only winding ye up Deelin. Can t be easy that commuting up and down to that place and the prospect of a Monday morning at what your at would nt fill me with the joys of Spring either. Anyway as I said Howley came on as a sub and scored 1 - 2. I m told( a biased view no doubt but one I d value) Knockmore would have won if he started. As well they could nt kick their frees, Kilcoyne and Munnelly kicking like geese.

I was at the Ballina match in The Park. Woeful stuff and we were blessed to win it. The second goal was the most clear-cut square- ball I ve ever seen. The first minute penalty was the daftest giveaway I ve seen in a long time. In fairness Westport worked very hard and well-organised and will be disappointed because they should have got something from it. They have the cut of a Connolly team about them already.