Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Davitt Man

As a mark of respect for Robert McCallion

Davitt Man

Postponement of All Welcome Inn League Games
09 April 2009

Following the request below from the Swinford Gaa Club, All matches in the Welcome Inn senior League will be postponed.   

A chara,   
In relation to fixtures coming up this weekend in Mayo Swinford GAA club as a mark of respect to Robert McCallion and the McCallion family have requested that all fixtures in the County be posponed. We appreciate that a number of fixtures have already been postponed but again as a mark of respect we hope that you will consider our request.   

Mise Le Meas,
Pol O Chunnaigh Runai   

AbbeySider

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 09, 2009, 02:09:41 PM
Im guessing the County U21 management had this done ?

Quote from: Davitt Man on April 09, 2009, 02:24:11 PM
As a mark of respect for Robert McCallion

I guessed the U21s had it done because a couple of games were cancelled in 1C and 1F in the original report, and there are players involved in those teams.

Superstar

Sorry to hijack youre thread lads, but here goes:

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

Many thanks, i hope we can look forward to youre support.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

galwayman

Lads - just wondering if any of ye know why Colm Monaghan has left the Breaffy club?
He has joined Caherlistrane in Galway.

AbbeySider

Quote from: galwayman on April 14, 2009, 04:31:52 PM
Lads - just wondering if any of ye know why Colm Monaghan has left the Breaffy club?
He has joined Caherlistrane in Galway.

Im sure the Breaffy posters will shed some light on it.
That guy would be only about 21 years old or so?

highking

Because his family have moved to Caherlistrane (his fathers homeplace), and he is in college in NUIG.

REDCOL

RTE are doing a feature on one club from every province this week on the Six One News. Tonights one is on Connacht and Garrymore in particular it will only be a 3-5 minute piece, but should be some familiar faces appearing.

This is a link to the piece

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0416/1news_av.html?2526510,null,230

RedandGreenSniper

Decent piece that. Garry' are a club that I have tremendous respect for. They continually produce decent lads, even when numbers are tight. For the last five years, if not more, they were hardly good enough to stay senior. But they stayed senior almost by sheer force of will and now they've a nice few young fellas coming through that should see them as a good, solid senior club for another while. A lot of clubs could learn from their attitude.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Was it in 1995 that they (Garrymore) kept on moaning about something with Crossmolina which had to have Kiltane nominated to go through to represent the county. I'm not sure of the details, maybe Deel Rover could fill me in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Garrymore had an appeal in then alright, they played Cross in the semi and Kiltane were waiting in the final and were sent onto represent Mayo. Can't remember the nature of Garrymore's appeal though.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

StoneWall

I remember it well, it was to do with the legend PJ Loftus having played in America earlier that summer.

Cross beat them after a replay in the county semi then they objected about PJ. This delayed Cross playing in the final so Kiltane were nominated to represent Mayo in Connacht. They lost to Corofin after a replay and then lost to Cross in the final.

Garrymore and Charlestown had their own Dublin Meath type saga that summer, it took four games to separate them with Garry eventually winning.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: StoneWall on April 17, 2009, 04:35:52 PM
I remember it well, it was to do with the legend PJ Loftus having played in America earlier that summer.

Cross beat them after a replay in the county semi then they objected about PJ. This delayed Cross playing in the final so Kiltane were nominated to represent Mayo in Connacht. They lost to Corofin after a replay and then lost to Cross in the final.

Garrymore and Charlestown had their own Dublin Meath type saga that summer, it took four games to separate them with Garry eventually winning.

Thts right Stonewall . The county Final was played in December that year it was a great day first time in over 50 years bringing the Moclair cup back to Cross that win was Celebrated as Good as the Ai win in 2001, and it was another 4 years before we got to represent Mayo in  Connacht
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Farrandeelin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 17, 2009, 04:42:53 PM
Quote from: StoneWall on April 17, 2009, 04:35:52 PM

Thts right Stonewall . The county Final was played in December that year it was a great day first time in over 50 years bringing the Moclair cup back to Cross that win was Celebrated as Good as the Ai win in 2001, and it was another 4 years before we got to represent Mayo in  Connacht

I remember being at that game. The oul fella wasn't too happy that ye won. I was too innocent to know the nature of the different club rivalries back then!! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.