Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 26, 2009, 11:07:15 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 19, 2009, 10:56:29 PM
i think based on the past 4-5 yrs its fair to say the best 5 teams in the county are those 3 ballagh and charlestown, k'more barely making it

Does anyone know the dates for the group c\ship games?

I think the first one is the weekend of the 5th of May.
Again, R&GS, our man with the finger on the pulse of GAA matters in the county will confirm that  :P  :D

Davitt Man

Mayo are in New York on the 10th May, i reckon the 1st cship games will be on either May 17th or May 24th

RedandGreenSniper

No dates confirmed yet I think, I'd say you have it spot on there DavittMan. Normally there's a round in May, June and July with the actual dates depending on Mayo, usually the week after an inter-county game
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

I was on mayogaa site and there's still no dates set yet. It'll be some championship though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Any league and championship provisional dates yet?

Davitt Man

All the league dates are on the website.

It would be helpful to get the c\ship dates so a man could arrange his holidays like

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on March 05, 2009, 11:25:31 AM
All the league dates are on the website.

It would be helpful to get the c\ship dates so a man could arrange his holidays like

Agreed!
Im getting heat from herself about booking a holiday too  ;)  ;D

Davitt Man

Club C\Ship Dates

Round 1               31/05/09
Round 2               05/07/09
Round 3               09/08/09

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on March 13, 2009, 09:45:53 AM
Club C\Ship Dates

so there is a ten week break between the 1st game and the 3rd game, it is just me or does anyone else think thats an afull length between the group games
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Club C\Ship Dates

Club League Dates
05/04/2009
12/04/2009
19/04/2009
26/04/2009
03/05/2009
24/05/2009
30/08/2009
06/09/2009
27/09/2009
04/10/2009

That leaves June completely free (apart from perhaps one divisional cup game like the Kelly cup around June 14th - dates vary).
So nothing in June; one Championship round in early July, and nothing for a month until the next Championship game in early August.
Very sparse fixtures, but what can be done I suppose.

RedandGreenSniper

Are those the definite fixtures? Way too big a gap between games. The old way of championship group games in May, June and July was just about acceptable, this is not good enough for club players.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

i thought they formed a fixtures committe to look at this if anything they have made it worse . 3 games in 10 weeks in the middle of summer is just crazy for the club player
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Owenmoresider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 13, 2009, 02:07:36 PM
i thought they formed a fixtures committe to look at this if anything they have made it worse . 3 games in 10 weeks in the middle of summer is just crazy for the club player
Ye think that is bad? Our minor's league concludes on April 9th, with an additional round for the bigger division on the 23rd, plus the finals a week or two later, and there are no games then until the Championship - that starts on 17th August.  >:( Yep, no minor games in May, June or July! We ain't going to be in the playoffs so it'll be four months and a week until their next game, guess you can do that sorta thing when you're not answerable to any body.

And the adult fixtures last year of us meant that we finished our league on the weekend of 13th July, then we had another c'ship game 4 weeks after that, followed up by a (disastrous) quarter-final on the 24th August. And then a long gap until the U20 started on the last weekend of October. Fucked up or what?

Farrandeelin

I think the long break was that way last year as well lads. It's pure wrong, imo they should have club c'ship games the week after the county plays IN ALL COUNTIES. And the league should be played in weeks in between games etc.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

I see that the garda that was hurt in Letterkenny was Rob mc Callion from swinford and who plays for swinford  hopefully he will be ok and make a full recovery.         

Independent.ie 

Friday March 27 2009

A teenager in the car which mowed down a young garda, leaving him fighting for his life last night, was on temporary release from prison.

The incident sparked off a major political row as the Government came under fire over the number of prisoners being let out early from jail because of overcrowding.

The 19-year-old youth, who was a passenger in the car, was released from Castlerea jail last week with 11 weeks left to serve out of a nine-month sentence for a series of motor offences.

He was one of two teenagers being questioned by gardai last night as victim Robbie McCallion remained in a critical condition at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin. Gda McCallion (29) was pinned against a wall by a stolen car in Letterkenny, Co Donegal, and sustained serious head and arm injuries.

Last night the Government was attacked for its failure to find sufficient prison accommodation to ensure that offenders could serve their full jail sentences.

Fine Gael's justice spokesman Charlie Flanagan said the release was symptomatic of a shambolic prison system.

"The criminal justice system is failing if court orders are not being carried out," Mr Flanagan said.

"It sends out a message to society that the justice system is in chaos and suggests to offenders that they can commit crime with impunity."

The 19-year-old suspect is from the Letterkenny area.

The driver of the stolen Peugeot car, a 17-year-old, was arrested at the scene.

Gda McCallion, from Swinford, Co Mayo, was accompanied by two colleagues as he investigated a report of a stolen car in Letterkenny at around 4.40am.

They were attempting to block the path of a car coming out of the Tara Court housing estate, off the town's Ramelton Road, when the driver reversed and drove straight at them, pinning them against the wall.

A second garda suffered minor arm injuries, while a third was not hurt.

Fled

The passenger in the stolen car fled on foot but was arrested 6km away near the Silver Tassie hotel on the Milford road.

The red Peugeot and another car at the scene, a 15-year-old white Toyota Corolla, with a 'For Sale' sign in the window, were later examined.

Gardai believe that the intention was to steal the Corolla from the driveway of a house by attaching a rope to it from the Peugeot.

The arrested youths were taken to Letterkenny and Milford garda stations for questioning.

Robbie McCallion's brother, John, is a garda in Ballina while their father Bob had served in the force for many years in Swinford.

Robbie's boss, Supt Vincent O'Brien, said : "A fine officer has suffered serious injuries while doing his duty."

He said Gda McCallion had been based in Letterkenny for three years, was well liked in the town and a super-fit athlete.

Garda Representative Association president Michael O'Boyce, who is based in Donegal, said: "Three officers were responding to a routine call, which very quickly turned to tragedy.

"We don't dwell on what might happen when we get a call. We just go and do it."

Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said he was outraged by the incident. "What occurred near Letterkenny was the action of a mindless individual, who appeared intent on inflicting serious injury, if not death."

Crossmolina Deel Rovers