Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Any thoughts about the county final? I can't see Knockmore winning. Or if they do, they need a good start. And a good middle. And a good finish.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2016, 09:40:43 AM
Any thoughts about the county final? I can't see Knockmore winning. Or if they do, they need a good start. And a good middle. And a good finish.

Looking at it rationally, it's hard to see us winning tbh. Great win against Breaffy but the ref was lenient enough on us and you'd have to wonder how good Breaffy were. That said, in McLoughlin we'll have probably the best footballer on the pitch. We need a huge game from him. The rest of the team is solid but we need a couple to step up and really play out of their skins. Castlebar have huge experience but also big miles on the clock so hopefully our younger legs might count if we can keep it tight til the last 10 mins.

We're 4/1 with the bookies so I'll be travelling in hope rather than expectation.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 28, 2016, 09:44:03 PM

Looking at it rationally, it's hard to see us winning tbh. Great win against Breaffy but the ref was lenient enough on us and you'd have to wonder how good Breaffy were. That said, in McLoughlin we'll have probably the best footballer on the pitch. We need a huge game from him. The rest of the team is solid but we need a couple to step up and really play out of their skins. Castlebar have huge experience but also big miles on the clock so hopefully our younger legs might count if we can keep it tight til the last 10 mins.

We're 4/1 with the bookies so I'll be travelling in hope rather than expectation.

Castlebar have lost the Feeneys and Tom Cunniffe from last year. That is a lot of ability and experience to make up for.
MWWSI 2017

PW Nally

Quote from: muppet on October 28, 2016, 10:58:17 PM

Castlebar have lost the Feeneys and Tom Cunniffe from last year. That is a lot of ability and experience to make up for.
Cunniffe named in subs for semi. Feeneys packed it in?

muppet

Quote from: PW Nally on October 29, 2016, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 28, 2016, 10:58:17 PM

Cunniffe named in subs for semi. Feeneys packed it in?

As far as I know Tom, Danny Kirby and Alan Feeney were travelling. Kirby is back. I know Tom was around recently but not sure if he is back permanently. Not sure about Richie.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Fair play to Castlebar. You could say they won all their individual battles. Knockmore weren't allowed get into their stride. Douglas, Costello, Durcan all played hell.

macdanger2

Disappointing for us but Castlebar were by far the better team. We were well on top for the first 15 and needed to be a couple more ahead. Then Castlebar came back into in and we did well to hold them out and be only 2 down at ht. Super goal from Durcan and even though we had a mini revival to get back to within 6, it was never in doubt. The 12 points could easily have been 18 but at least we fought to the end.

The fitness and physicality of a team that's been to two AIs in the last three years was plain to see. I'd imagine Castlebar train like a county team and they're a good bit ahead of anyone else in Mayo. In the second half, there was always an extra man to pop the ball to and we were unable to cope with it. At the other end, too often we were held up around the halfway line and turned over or else we just punted the ball into men who were outnumbered - tired legs meant there wasn't much other option. If we can keep most of that young team together and add a couple more, we can definitely win the county title in the next 5 years.

For us, Keith Ruttledge, Naughton and Rice were best imo. The first two in particular would be worth a run with Mayo. From Castlebar, Durcan X 2, Douglas and Costello were best I thought. While I wish Castlebar all the best, from a Mayo point of view, it wouldn't be bad if they didn't make the SFs so some of those lads could get game time with the county team.

Farrandeelin

Fixtures...

North Mayo Junior Winter League Group 1
Knockmore v Moygownagh
Ballycroy v Killala

Group 2
Ballina Stephenites v Béal an Mhuirthead
Ardagh v Knockmore

Knockmore are entering 2 junior teams once again this year.

Farrandeelin

Result

North Mayo Junior Winter League Group 2
Ballina Stephenites 0-9 Béal an Mhuirthead 0-9

Farrandeelin

Draw for the championships takes place tonight. Live on Local streaming, so whether you live in Achill or Australia, Westport or Wyoming you can see it as it happens.

macdanger2

ballinaman

Brapbrap

SFC

Group 1
Charlestown
Knockmore
Garrymore
Westport

Group 2
Breaffy
Ballaghaderreen
Hollymount/Carramore
Davitts

Group 3
Ballintubber
Kiltane
Aughamore
Claremorris

Group 4
Castlebar
Crossmolina
Ballina
Ballinrobe

IFC

Group 1
Belmullet
Ardnaree
Parke
Ballyhaunis

Group 2
Swinford
Shrule
Islandeady
Mayo Gaels

Group 3
The Neale
Louisburgh
Bonniconlon
Burrishoole

Group 4
Castlebar Mitchels B
Tuar Mhic Eadaigh
Moy Davitts
Kiltimagh

Farrandeelin

Fixtures

North Mayo Junior Winter League Group 1
Moygownagh v Killala
Lacken v Ballycroy

Group 2
Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Béal an Mhuirthead
Ballina Stephenites v Ardagh

North Mayo Exclusive Junior A Preliminary round
Lahardane MacHales v Cill Chomáin

Farrandeelin

Fixtures

Michael Walsh Senior League - Group 1
Breaffy v Charlestown Sarsfields
Ballinrobe v Ballintubber

Group 2
Hollymount-Carramore v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Claremorris v Garrymore

Group 3
Kiltane v Ballina Stephenites
Davitts v Knockmore

Group 4
Aghamore v Castlebar Mitchels
Westport v Ballaghaderreen

Michael Walsh Intermediate League - Group 1
The Neale v Castlebar Mitchels
Béal an Mhuirthead v Swinford

Group 2
Ardagh v Mayo Gaels
Bonniconlon v Ballyhaunis

Group 3
Ballycastle v Ardnaree Sarsfields
Shrule/Glencorrib v Lahardane MacHales
Louisburgh v Tuar Mhic Éadaigh

Group 4
Kiltimagh v Kilmeena
Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin v Islandeady