Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Well done to Hollymount Carramore and Ardnaree today. A special day in Croker awaits. Great for both communities who have had uncertain recent club histories.

Sadly i expect both will be bate by the Kerry Champions! If you think Mayo grading system is nuts, Kerry grading is of a high standard which means they do really well at intermediate and Junior.

I sadly expect a good beating for both in Croker. Hope to sh1te I'm wrong!

galwayman

Kerry have only 11 senior clubs I think.
Stands to reason there will be strong clubs playing intermediate then.
Same in junior too

Line Ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2016, 06:00:11 PM
Well done to Hollymount Carramore and Ardnaree today. A special day in Croker awaits. Great for both communities who have had uncertain recent club histories.

Sadly i expect both will be bate by the Kerry Champions! If you think Mayo grading system is nuts, Kerry grading is of a high standard which means they do really well at intermediate and Junior.

In Down last year there were 16 teams in the first division and Loughinisland were in the the 2nd, so there were 17 teams better than them as they finished 2nd in Division 2.  Hollymount Carramore played in Division 1 of the Mayo league and finished second to Castlebar.  Surely there was a mismatch today between the two sides and Hollymount Carramore should be in the senior club championship and not intermediate. 

They are not my club by the way.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Line Ball on January 24, 2016, 06:56:14 PM

In Down last year there were 16 teams in the first division and Loughinisland were in the the 2nd, so there were 17 teams better than them as they finished 2nd in Division 2.  Hollymount Carramore played in Division 1 of the Mayo league and finished second to Castlebar.  Surely there was a mismatch today between the two sides and Hollymount Carramore should be in the senior club championship and not intermediate. 

I hear ya! But a few years ago we had Shrule/Glencorrib who went from Junior to Senior without winning a county title. Cos they did well in the League and had annual promotions. It was kinda sad for the Players/supporters as they did not have their minor day in the sun. Anyway with all these counties having their own rules it makes the Provincial and AI competitions lobsided!

Line Ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2016, 07:09:16 PM

I hear ya! But a few years ago we had Shrule/Glencorrib who went from Junior to Senior without winning a county title. Cos they did well in the League and had annual promotions. It was kinda sad for the Players/supporters as they did not have their minor day in the sun. Anyway with all these counties having their own rules it makes the Provincial and AI competitions lobsided!

Totally agree.  Probably about time that the same rules applied to all counties to provide a level playing field for all (excuse the pun).

From the Bunker

Quote from: Line Ball on January 24, 2016, 07:13:44 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2016, 07:09:16 PM

Totally agree.  Probably about time that the same rules applied to all counties to provide a level playing field for all (excuse the pun).

Can't see it happening! As there is little or no will for Croke park to change it. They don't really care.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: REDCOL on November 29, 2015, 01:03:06 PM
Club Managerial Vacancies for 2016.Ballintubber

Ballyhaunis
Breaffy
Davitts
Garrymore
Kilmaine
Knockmore
Shrule
Thankfully Knockmore have 'inside' management this year. I didn't like what I saw (and it was limited enough unfortunately) if his behaviour on the sideline.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

At tonight's county board meeting, the Mayo County board have released the dates for the championships, and commencement of the leagues and Michael Walsh leagues too.

One thing on the dates of the championships...the second round of matches is due to take place on the 25th/26th June. Mayo play London on the 29th, so I'm wondering if that's a misprint on the Mayo twitter page?

Edit: Just remembered it's the 29th of May they travel to London. Must be a mishap on my behalf. :)

Farrandeelin

Today is the day for Ardnaree and Hollymount. I hope to Christ Ardnaree do it. It really would be brilliant if they did. Not to say I'm any way lessening Hollymount's effort, but it's diffetent when you know some of the lads on a team. Best of luck to both!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2016, 10:32:27 AM
Today is the day for Ardnaree and Hollymount. I hope to Christ Ardnaree do it. It really would be brilliant if they did. Not to say I'm any way lessening Hollymount's effort, but it's diffetent when you know some of the lads on a team. Best of luck to both!

Hope Ardnaree do it as well. Nice decent small club! Know a lot of people from there and despite all the knocks of recent years they stuck at it. They've had it tough and every Mayo supporter can relate to that! Hon the Ree!

Hope Holly/Carra do it as well!

Maigheo Abu!

macdanger2

Yeah, best of luck to both teams

maigheo

Ardnaree in a a bit of trouble here.Serious pace in this Templenoe team

Cunny Funt

Templenoe look like a senior team in comparison to Ardnaree.

Farrandeelin

Here are the draws for the SFC, IFC and JFC A and B.

SFC Group 1
Breaffy
Garrymore
Davitts
Claremorris

Group 2
Ballintubber
Aghamore
Charlestown Sarsfields
Hollymount-Carramore

Group 3
Castlebar Mitchels
Ballina Stephenites
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Ballinrobe

Group 4
Knockmore
Kiltane
Ballaghaderreen
Ballyhaunis

IFC Group 1
Bohola Moy Davitts
Kiltimagh
Swinford
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh

Group 2
Shrule/Glencorrib
Westport
Castlebar Mitchels
Ardnaree Sarsfields

Group 3
Béal an Mhuirthead
Burrishoole
Mayo Gaels
Bonniconlon

Group 4
The Neale
Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin
Kilmaine
Islandeady

JFC Group 1
Achill
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Charlestown Sarsfields
Lahardane MacHales

Group 2
Cill Chomáin
Louisburgh
Ballycroy
Kilfian

Group 3
Killala
Ballintubber
Kilmeena
Ballycastle

Group 4
Ardagh
Ballina Stephenites
Balla
Swinford

JFC B Group 1
Davitts
Bohola Moy Davitts
Shrule/Glencorrib
Kiltimagh

Group 2
Ballaghaderreen
Knockmore
Westport
Kilmovee Shamrocks

Group 3
Breaffy
Ardnaree Sarsfields
Eastern Gaels

Group 4
Claremorris
Hollymount-Carramore
Aghamore
Lacken

FL/MAYO

Garrymore, Davitts and Claremorris in the same group, there will be some battles going on in those matches.