Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 04, 2015, 09:01:50 AM
Lads sorry to intrude

Im for Castlebar Sunday but heading to Mayo Saturday night to sample the night life.  Would I be best heading to Westport Saturday night or is the night life better in Castlebar.  May as well enjoy some part of the weekend because Sunday could be painful  ;) :P

Head for Westport - better pubs and hotels, much more likely to be a crowd, although this time of year it won't be anything like summer.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tubberman on February 04, 2015, 09:11:16 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 04, 2015, 09:01:50 AM
Lads sorry to intrude

Im for Castlebar Sunday but heading to Mayo Saturday night to sample the night life.  Would I be best heading to Westport Saturday night or is the night life better in Castlebar.  May as well enjoy some part of the weekend because Sunday could be painful  ;) :P

Head for Westport - better pubs and hotels, much more likely to be a crowd, although this time of year it won't be anything like summer.

Hotels dont bother me much, as long as ive a place to lie my head.  Better pubs and clubs sound the job.  Westport it is then.
Living the dream!!!

Mayo4Sam

Into Matt Molloys for a few and you can't go wrong. T Bourkes up towards the Castlecourt is a nice little boozer too.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: moysider on February 04, 2015, 12:21:09 AM

Senior Group 2 is a bit of a 'group of death'.
Well it could be if Ballina can keep their players in the country for the Summer- admittedly a big if.

I think you're overestimating yer relevance Moysider
Group 4 looks tight to me

Farrandeelin

Group 1 looks frightening from a Knockmore point of view.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 04, 2015, 09:14:41 PM

Why? Its a group yed have always pissed on.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on February 04, 2015, 10:55:58 PM

I suppose it would before our humiliation at the hands of Ballintubber. Breaffy are always good early in the campaigns, while Davitts will be hard beaten, despite the game in Knockmore, and Ballyhaunis will want to continue their momentum, and shouldn't be treated lightly.

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 04, 2015, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 04, 2015, 12:21:09 AM

Senior Group 2 is a bit of a 'group of death'.
Well it could be if Ballina can keep their players in the country for the Summer- admittedly a big if.

I think you're overestimating yer relevance Moysider
Group 4 looks tight to me

In fairness I said it was a big if. More likely we ll be staring at relegation again rather than troubling the 1/4s. Lads heading off for the summer not the lot either. Shouldn t be that way but that s the way it is I m afraid.
Group 4 looks a dog fight but can't see anybody get past a 1/4 in there.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 04, 2015, 11:00:05 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 04, 2015, 10:55:58 PM

I suppose it would before our humiliation at the hands of Ballintubber. Breaffy are always good early in the campaigns, while Davitts will be hard beaten, despite the game in Knockmore, and Ballyhaunis will want to continue their momentum, and shouldn't be treated lightly.

Fitness of some players was poor for a start. That needs to be addressed for a start.

Mayo4Sam

Has Carey taken over Farr?
He sounds like he'll be a good man and in fairness everyone else has had two shots at it at this stage.
It's a real pity Chuckie isn't around to take them, by all accounts his sessions last year were phenomenal

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 05, 2015, 04:11:59 PM
He sounds like he'll be a good man and in fairness everyone else has had two shots at it at this stage.
It's a real pity Chuckie isn't around to take them, by all accounts his sessions last year were phenomenal

Not Carey from what I'm hearing, a fella from Tourlestrane/Curry direction by the name of Brennan I believe, not sure of his first name. Ray Dempsey and himself will be exchanging tips on how to motivate each other's teams as he's taking over Tourlestrane.

Mayo4Sam

From a local up that way

"A hard case. Likes a running game. Bad man manager but wil probably get results."

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2015, 05:35:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 05, 2015, 04:11:59 PM

Not Carey from what I'm hearing, a fella from Tourlestrane/Curry direction by the name of Brennan I believe, not sure of his first name. Ray Dempsey and himself will be exchanging tips on how to motivate each other's teams as he's taking over Tourlestrane.

Is it Anthony Brennan? Former Sligo player. Used to manage SIT among others?
I known somebody who was approached to train the team a few weeks ago but declined because there was no manager in place. I thought it was a strange way to go about things but maybe they wanted to make a start on the pre-season training.

Farrandeelin

Yes moysider, his first name escaped me. Is the person you're referring to from Parke?

moysider

No. Brennan will probably bring in somebody - or do it himself?