Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihilist

Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

Well done Nihilist. Great synch with the madwest commentary.

Can't take the credit for this video. Not mine. Just passing it on. Some great goals in it though.  I must say that it should be a cracking final. Definitely the most consistent and probably current best two club teams in Mayo in there. Hopefully it will also get national coverage. TG4 will I hope turn their attention once more to the prominent club finals taking place around the country.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on September 29, 2014, 09:18:42 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

Well done Nihilist. Great synch with the madwest commentary.

Can't take the credit for this video. Not mine. Just passing it on. Some great goals in it though.  I must say that it should be a cracking final. Definitely the most consistent and probably current best two club teams in Mayo in there. Hopefully it will also get national coverage. TG4 will I hope turn their attention once more to the prominent club finals taking place around the country.

Plaudits to whoever made the video! Wouldn t mind seeing the other goals either! Plunkett got 2. He can play.

Not sure it will be a classic final though. If Castlebar can batten down the hatches it could be a dour affair. If they cant 'tubber should win with a bit to spare.

muppet

Quote from: REDCOL on September 28, 2014, 10:56:26 PM
Castlebar dominated Middle of the Field, but no pace in forwards. Garry didn't score for 28 mins, kicked six wides in first half. Castlebar went 9-3 up. Garry got a couple of good points and Castlebar got a flukey enough goal. Garry took over completely and scored 1-4 without reply to leave 2 in it with 8 mins left. Garry kicked three bad wides and Castlebar through Patrick Durcan(0-2) tagged on three points. Garry got  two late points but the bad start did for them.

Castlebar are gone back a mile from last year, Tom King is a huge loss. Kirby was excellent in MF and Big Barry scored three from play. Will need to improve their forward play drastically if they are to trouble Tubber. Garry had them on the rack with 8 mins to go but hadn't the quality to finish them off.  Crowe turned his ankle last weekend and probably shouldn't have played.

Agree with most of the, although the flukey comment is a bit strange. A good ball to Richie, who was on his own with the keeper coming, so he first time palmed it over him. Cillian did something similar in the second game.

I would have thought the penalty was 'flukey' as the attacker really played for it, running straight into the defenders and going down very easily.  But anytime Garrymore came close, Castlebar scored. I thought we were flat but playing well below ourselves. But you felt Mitchels could step up if needed.

I agree with the comment regarding Tom King.

Knockmore were completely undone at 3 and in particular 6. Mitchels have better backs than that but I don't see anyone holding Cillian when he is in that form. He was completely unmarkable. But the others aren't. Dillon versus Durcan will be interesting to say the least.

Kirby has a great knack of knocking the ball free when tackling. I'd like to see him and Patrick Durcan in the county set up. Shane Nally might be worth a look also. Enda Varley was responsible for some very poor wides. Richie playing in the FF line was far more productive. But I think Richie is better further out the field, unfortunately Mitchels don't seem to be able to spare him.
MWWSI 2017

Nihilist

Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2014, 04:45:31 PM
Castlebar dominated Middle of the Field, but no pace in forwards. Garry didn't score for 28 mins, kicked six wides in first half. Castlebar went 9-3 up. Garry got a couple of good points and Castlebar got a flukey enough goal. Garry took over completely and scored 1-4 without reply to leave 2 in it with 8 mins left. Garry kicked three bad wides and Castlebar through Patrick Durcan(0-2) tagged on three points. Garry got  two late points but the bad start did for them.

Castlebar are gone back a mile from last year, Tom King is a huge loss. Kirby was excellent in MF and Big Barry scored three from play. Will need to improve their forward play drastically if they are to trouble Tubber. Garry had them on the rack with 8 mins to go but hadn't the quality to finish them off.  Crowe turned his ankle last weekend and probably shouldn't have played.

Agree with most of the, although the flukey comment is a bit strange. A good ball to Richie, who was on his own with the keeper coming, so he first time palmed it over him. Cillian did something similar in the second game.

I would have thought the penalty was 'flukey' as the attacker really played for it, running straight into the defenders and going down very easily.  But anytime Garrymore came close, Castlebar scored. I thought we were flat but playing well below ourselves. But you felt Mitchels could step up if needed.

Knockmore were completely undone at 3 and in particular 6. Mitchels have better backs than that but I don't see anyone holding Cillian when he is in that form. He was completely unmarkable. But the others aren't. Dillon versus Durcan will be interesting to say the least.

Kirby has a great knack of knocking the ball free when tackling. I'd like to see him and Patrick Durcan in the county set up. Shane Nally might be worth a look also. Enda Varley was responsible for some very poor wides. Richie playing in the FF line was far more productive. But I think Richie is better further out the field, unfortunately Mitchels don't seem to be able to spare him.

Wasn't the terrible jersey clash a big disaster in the first half anyway? Could it explain a lot of poor play. I think you're right on Durcan and Dillon. Will Tom Cunniffe take on Cillian as well? And who will mark Richie from Tubber. I think it will be a great final (well depending on the weather of course).

muppet

Quote from: Nihilist on September 30, 2014, 06:00:58 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 30, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Wasn't the terrible jersey clash a big disaster in the first half anyway? Could it explain a lot of poor play. I think you're right on Durcan and Dillon. Will Tom Cunniffe take on Cillian as well? And who will mark Richie from Tubber. I think it will be a great final (well depending on the weather of course).

The jersey clash was ridiculous. It might explain some of the poor play in the first half alright.

Tom will be on Cillian. Patrick could be on Diarmuid O'Connor as well. Richie could be played anywhere so hard to guess who marks him. They could bring in another midfielder and put either of Barry or Danny at FF. This would free up Richie to move out and might help the smaller lads inside.

I would have 'Tubber as favourites now after what they did to Knockmore.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Fixtures

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Final
Ballyhaunis v Hollymount-Carramore

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Final
Achill v Castlebar Mitchels

Mayo G.A.A. Junior B Football Championship - Final
Swinford v Westport

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Kiltane v Castlebar Mitchels
Knockmore v Breaffy
Garrymore v Ballintubber
Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Ballaghaderreen
Charlestown Sarsfields v Ballina Stephenites
Davitts v Claremorris

Division 1B
Béal an Mhuirthead v Bonniconlon
Kilmaine v Westport
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh v Bohola Moy Davitts

Division 1C
Louisburgh v Ballintubber
Swinford v Islandeady
Mayo Gaels v Lahardane
The Neale v Cill Chomáin
Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin v Killala

Division 1D
Balla v Bohola Moy Davitts
Davitts v Knockmore
Ballycastle v Hollymount-Carramore

Division 1E
Ardagh v Breaffy
Ballina Stephenites v Eastern Gaels
Aghamore v Charlestown Sarsfields
Kiltane v Shrule/Glencorrib

Mayo G.A.A. U-21 A Football Championship - Group 2
Erris St. Pats v Aghamore

Mayo G.A.A. U-21 C Football Championship - Group 2
Kilmovee Shamrocks v Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

Castlebar 1.07 Achill 2.00  H.T county junior final

maigheo

all over .Castlebar 1.10 achill 3.03.Achill will still be the Mayo reps in the connacht championship.Very hard to lift it after losing a county final

maigheo

Hollymount/carramore 0.05  Ballyhaunis 0.08  HT

maigheo

Ballyhaunis 0.12  Holly/Carra 0.11 ft.Darren Coen missed a 50 yard free at the death

From the Bunker

Quote from: maigheo on October 05, 2014, 03:26:21 PM
all over .Castlebar 1.10 achill 3.03.Achill will still be the Mayo reps in the connacht championship.Very hard to lift it after losing a county final

Killala did it in 2006? After losing the County final to Crossmolina B. If you get your head right it can be a positive way to finish a disappointing year.

Farrandeelin

Results

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Final
Ballyhaunis 0-12 Hollymount-Carramore 0-11

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Final
Castlebar Mitchels 1-10 Achill 3-3

Mayo G.A.A. Junior B Football Championship - Final
Swinford 1-12 Westport 1-12

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Knockmore 0-8 Breaffy 0-6
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-9 Ballaghaderreen 2-11
Charlestown Sarsfields 1-10 Ballina Stephenites 1-11
Kiltane 0-7 Castlebar Mitchels 4-18

Division 1B
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 3-6 Bohola Moy Davitts 2-10
Beal an Mhuirthead 0-9 Bonniconlon 1-4
Kilmaine 1-13 Westport 3-5

Division 1C
Mayo Gaels w/o Lahardane 0-0
The Neale w/o Cill Chomáin 0-0
Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin 3-12 Killala 1-10
Louisburgh 1-17 Ballintubber 1-6
Swinford 1-16 Islandeady 3-7

Division 1C
Kiltimagh  8  15
The Neale  9  13
Ballyhaunis  7  12
Mayo Gaels  9  11
Louisburgh  9  10
Ballintubber  9  10
Swinford  9  8
Lahardane  9  8
Islandeady  9  7
Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin  9  7
Cill Chomáin  9  2
Killala  8  1

Division 1D
Balla 0-1 Bohola Moy Davitts 0-1
Davitts 0-9 Knockmore 3-5

Division 1E
Kiltane 0-13 Shrule/Glencorrib 1-8
Ardagh 2-11 Breaffy 0-8
Burrishoole 0-0 Lacken w/o
Ballina Stephenites 2-14 Eastern Gaels 0-4
Aghamore 1-5 Charlestown Sarsfields 1-22

Erris St. Pats 3-6 Aghamore 6-7

Mayo G.A.A. U-21 C Football Championship - Group 1
Burrishoole 0-9 Kilmeena 0-9

Group 2
Kilmovee Shamrocks w/o Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin 0-0
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2014, 09:03:39 PM
Results

Treanlaur Catering Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football Championship - Semi Finals
Ballintubber 9-11 Knockmore 2-12
Castlebar Mitchels 1-14 Garrymore 1-11

Relegation Playoff Final
Ballina Stephenites 2-7 Westport 0-10

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Semi Final Replay
Hollymount-Carramore 1-9 Béal an Mhuirthead 0-6

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Bonniconlon 0-13 Ardnaree Sarsfields 1-9

Division 1C
Mayo Gaels 1-9 Kiltimagh 1-15

Division 1D
Kilmovee Shamrocks 1-11 Ballycastle 1-14
Kilmeena 2-11 Davitts 0-13
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-10 Balla 0-11
Westport 3-7 Bohola Moy Davitts 0-15

Division 1E
Swinford w/o Burrishoole 0-0
Charlestown Sarsfields 0-13 Ardagh 2-9
Eastern Gaels 1-14 Aghamore 2-13
Lacken 1-9 Ballina Stephenites 4-14
Shrule/Glencorrib 2-12 Breaffy 1-7

Claremorris 3-18 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 0-10

Group 4
Swinford 1-10 Breaffy 5-15

Mayo G.A.A. U-21 B football Championship - Group 2
Louisburgh 4-21 Mayo Gaels 0-11

Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 0-10 Ballinrobe 1-10
Farr, wtf happened to Knockmore? ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 06, 2014, 11:21:20 PM
Results

Relegation Playoff Final

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Semi Final Replay

Division 1C

Division 1D

Division 1E

Group 4

Go f*ck yerself Lar  >:(

;)

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 06, 2014, 11:21:20 PM
Results

Relegation Playoff Final

Division 1C

Division 1D

Division 1E

Group 4

Ah now Lar!

Knockmore going off the boil is bad. Throw in the demise of Cross and Ballina as well.
I can see a few retirements in Knockmore now as well after that. Not good and they may have a few rough years.