Crossmolina Deel Rovers 11  11
Ballintubber 11  11
Davitts 11  11
Ballinrobe 11  11
Ballaghaderreen 11  11
Charlestown Sarsfields 11  10
Westport 11  10
Shrule/Glencorrib 11  1
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

That's how you go about surviving in style Ballagh, get hammered and lose your manager!

Big blow for Ballagh if it's true that Dowd has decided to return to our minor team and reunite the 2006 Minor-winning management team with Fergie and Ross Shannon. Ballagh have a lot of potential but they'll need their new man to have the ambition to make this season more than another once off if Dowd is gone.

Never beat the deeler

Can someone please post up the Club stars team from last night? Have gathered from twitter that Cathal Carolan and Aidan Kilcoyne were named, but that's all.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tubberman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 17, 2012, 09:25:17 AM
Can someone please post up the Club stars team from last night? Have gathered from twitter that Cathal Carolan and Aidan Kilcoyne were named, but that's all.

B Walsh; S Drake, C Hallinan, D Caffrey; T Earley, K Rogers, D Drake; J K'cullen, J Gibbons; D K'cullen, A Dillon, A K'coyne; B Regan, T Mulligan, A Murphy. Subs: S McHale, B Kelly, T Parsons, C Carolan, B Gallagher.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

Bit of a joke really having so many Ballaghaderreen and Ballintubber players on that, reflects poorly on the selection process. 11/15 from the 2 teams that played the county final.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AbbeySider

Quote from: spuds on December 17, 2012, 11:40:53 AM
Bit of a joke really having so many Ballaghaderreen and Ballintubber players on that, reflects poorly on the selection process. 11/15 from the 2 teams that played the county final.

Cant agree with you there at all Spuds unless you can come up with legitimate alternatives based on club performances this year. Above all years, the selections are hard to argue with this time.

The only surprise is that there was no Mitchell's players, so they may feel overlooked. I would have put Barry Moran and/or Richie Feeney on the subs.

spuds

Quote from: AbbeySider on December 17, 2012, 11:54:30 AM

Cant agree with you there at all Spuds unless you can come up with legitimate alternatives based on club performances this year. Above all years, the selections are hard to argue with this time.

The only surprise is that there was no Mitchell's players, so they may feel overlooked. I would have put Barry Moran and/or Richie Feeney on the subs.
IMO and remember my club is major beneficiary in selected team it is wrong to have so many from 2 clubs on this team. Are footballers that scarce outside of these 2 parishes, successful teams of course have greater performers but don't tell me that 11/15 best performers in 2012 came from these 2 parishes. By saying that the 2 Mitchell's lads deserve to be on the subs is a cop out as you then don't have to say who they replace in team, will exercise this cop out myself. :D
John Hubbard

AbbeySider

Quote from: spuds on December 17, 2012, 12:44:39 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on December 17, 2012, 11:54:30 AM

IMO and remember my club is major beneficiary in selected team it is wrong to have so many from 2 clubs on this team. Are footballers that scarce outside of these 2 parishes, successful teams of course have greater performers but don't tell me that 11/15 best performers in 2012 came from these 2 parishes. By saying that the 2 Mitchell's lads deserve to be on the subs is a cop out as you then don't have to say who they replace in team, will exercise this cop out myself. :D

Not a cop-out. I would replace Brian Gallagher and Barry Kelly on the subs. I just didnt think this was the thread to go sledging club players.

Who do you believe should be there? Who do you believe should not?

spuds

Arra away out of that, how am I sledging players ? Not going into having player v player but still think too many reps from 2 clubs. Just have to battle it out some night back at training between us  :P
John Hubbard

macdanger2

Only a couple of days til Mayo's 2013 season kicks off, any thoughts on what players might come in this year to improve the team from where we were last year?

Kilcoyne - any chance of him coming back from the UK?
Cathal Freeman?
Parsons?
S McHale?
Regan?
Conor O'Se?

Was there a minor called Quirke from two years ago, what club was he from? I remember he was unreal accurate from frees (This was pre-COC so free-taking was a big problem at the time)

Anyone else who might be there or thereabouts??

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 10, 2013, 03:52:01 AM
Only a couple of days til Mayo's 2013 season kicks off, any thoughts on what players might come in this year to improve the team from where we were last year?

Kilcoyne - any chance of him coming back from the UK?
Cathal Freeman?
Parsons?
S McHale?
Regan?
Conor O'Se?

Was there a minor called Quirke from two years ago, what club was he from? I remember he was unreal accurate from frees (This was pre-COC so free-taking was a big problem at the time)

Anyone else who might be there or thereabouts??
Ya,Ryan Quirke from Claremorris and O'Shaughnessy were very talented underage players. Any word on them lately?

maigheo

tough luck for charlestown today in the all ireland semi.should not be missing a 14 yard free to tie the game .

Tubberman

Quote from: maigheo on January 27, 2013, 08:02:44 PM
tough luck for charlestown today in the all ireland semi.should not be missing a 14 yard free to tie the game .

John Casey reckoned the cookstown players weren't back enough. Still shouldn't have been missed though
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Draws for the 2013 Senior, Intermediate and Junior championships will be made on Monday evening at 8pm in McHale Park.

Farrandeelin

Due to unforseen circumstances and the changing of some amalgamated clubs the 2013 Championship draws scheduled for next Monday night has been postponed and will now take place on Monday 25th February at 8.00p.m. in Elverys MacHale Park.

(Rumour is that Hollymount-Carramore are going their separate ways)