Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: maigheo on October 27, 2012, 06:29:01 PM
The Neale are mayo junior champs after a 110 year wait.they got a goal 4 min into injury time from a 13 m free to force overtime.

Wow totally expected Ardnaree to win today! Have been one of the best teams in Junior for the last 5 years. Should have beaten Islandeady last year, and Parke in the first game the year before. The Neale pulled a fast one a couple of years ago signing players from across the border from neighbouring club Caherlistrane before the semi final against Islandeady, but came a cropper in that final (can't remember the year?).

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2012, 06:56:56 PM
Fair play to The Neale. Ardnaree were 5 points up with 10 to go, started prickacting with the ball and paid the price in injury time. And then the ultimate price in extra time.

I didn t quite read it like that.

They were in control when Shane Timlin got sent off - wrongly in my opinion. The umpire got conned and he conned the ref.
They kept the ball well with 14 and really should have won - 99% of the time they would have blocked that free and game over - well hit and all that free was. And it loked a very soft free too .

Still I suppose they can blame themselves, and they will! Spurned 2 great goal chances and a few easy points in normal time that would have lft them comfortable winners. They were never going to show up in extra time after that disaster and The Neale looked empowered in extra time.

Gutted for Ardnareeto be honest. One of the worst ways I ve ever seen a team lose a big game. Only a Mayo team seem to be able to do these kind of things. It ll take some recovery. They re still young enough to win one though, provided they can lose some of their flakier tendencies. Some fine individuals but The Neale s better teamplay and craftiness over the 80 mins got them home

MaigheoAbu

Resuts for today:
Knockmore 0-12 to Na Stiofanaigh 0-07 ,Full time score.Ballina Stephenites didn't put a score on the board until the second half even though they had a fair few chances.Well done to Knockmore,they had a good game.
Bonniconlon 1-14 Lahardaun 0-05. Bonniconlon have been promoted to Division 1B so it's a great day for them and well deserved.

saffronandblue

Quote from: MaigheoAbu on October 28, 2012, 02:13:45 PM
Resuts for today:
Knockmore 0-12 to Na Stiofanaigh 0-07 ,Full time score.Ballina Stephenites didn't put a score on the board until the second half even though they had a fair few chances.Well done to Knockmore,they had a good game.
Bonniconlon 1-14 Lahardaun 0-05. Bonniconlon have been promoted to Division 1B so it's a great day for them and well deserved.

Another good performance from Kilcoyne from what I hear.  How many more good performances will it take to get him back involved in the County panel.  I know he has been in London the past couple of months, but after been dropped from the panel 18 months ago by Horan, he has done more than enough imo to force his way back onto the panel.  He is in a different league to lads that were on the panel this year and is now only reaching his peak.  Horan may be as stubborn as a mule, but he can't keep his eyes shut the whole time or can he????  If given a proper chance to represent his county again, I have NO doubt that Kilcoyne would return.......time will tell, but I won't be holding my breath :(

MaigheoAbu

Kilcoyne had a good game,you hit the nail on the head with that comment.He has played well for Knockmore in there last few games.Well for the last few months since he started really improving his performance,I'm now wondering myself how long it will take for Horan to make the decision to include him in the County panel?He can't ignore the fact he is playing well for Knockmore,can he?In my opinion I think he should be given a chance to play for Mayo again because he has certainly proved himself worthy of a place on the team.We will just have to wait and see what Horan does ???

Farrandeelin

Killer had a good day again today. He saved us from being an embarrassment in the semi final against Ballaghaderreen. From what I hear saffron, Horan is indeed stubborn. I really hope Kilcoyne doesn't move to England permanently. It wasn't the most high octane Knockmore/Ballina clash. It felt more like a friendly. Ballina were missing a lot due to a stag on in Westport the night before...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Results

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Final Replay
The Neale 1-17 Ardnaree 2-9 (after extra time)

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1A
Shrule/Glencorrib 1-9 Ballaghaderreen 2-14
Charlestown Sarsfields 0-2 Breaffy 0-13
Knockmore 0-12 Ballina Stephenites 0-7

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Aghamore 0-13 Kiltane 1-7
Islandeady 0-6 Burrishoole 0-11

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Bonniconlon 1-14 Lahardane 0-5

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Knockmore 4-12 Hollymount-Carramore 4-8
Lacken 1-5 Ballycastle 0-11
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 2-7 Ballintubber 1-6
Moygownagh 0-5 Castlebar Mitchels 2-7

U-21 A Football Championship - Semi Finals
Ballintubber 1-8 Hollymount-Carramore 0-8
Castlebar Mitchels 2-13 Claremorris 0-6

U-21 B Football Championship - Semi Finals
Kiltane 2-11 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-11
Shrule/Glencorrib 3-6 Ballaghaderreen 1-6

Farrandeelin

Fixtures

Ballinrobe v Shrule/Glencorrib
Ballintubber v Castlebar Mitchels
Ballina Stephenites v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Ballaghaderreen v Knockmore
Breaffy v Davitts

Hollymount-Carramore v Tuar Mhic Éadaigh
Claremorris v Kiltane
Bohola Moy Davitts v Swinford
Aghamore v Kiltimagh
Burrishoole v Garrymore

Mayo Gaels v Kilmeena
Ardnaree v Kilmaine

Ballintubber v Castlebar Mitchels
Hollymount-Carramore v Bohola Moy Davitts
Charlestown Sarsfields v Lacken
Achill v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
Knockmore v Moygownagh

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Shrule/Glencorrib v Kiltane

ballinaman

Ballina 0-1 Crossmolina 0-8 H/T

ballinaman

Ballina 1-3 Crossmolina 1-9 FT

Farrandeelin

A whole host of teams can join Shrule in Division 1B next year.

Farrandeelin

Results

Ballaghaderreen 1-10 Knockmore 0-12
Ballintubber 0-6 Castlebar Mitchels 0-12
Ballina Stephenites 1-3 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-9
Breaffy 1-8 Davitts 1-8
Ballinrobe 0-11 Shrule/Glencorrib 0-9

Burrishoole 0-9 Garrymore 0-13
Claremorris 1-12 Kiltane 2-10
Bohola Moy Davitts 1-12 Swinford 0-12
Aghamore 0-9 Kiltimagh 2-8

Ardnaree 1-2 Kilmaine 2-10
Mayo Gaels 0-11 Kilmeena 0-7

Ballintubber 0-6 Castlebar Mitchels 2-14
Hollymount-Carramore 4-6 Bohola Moy Davitts 2-5
Charlestown Sarsfields 0-4 Lacken 1-1
Achill 1-5 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-10
Knockmore w/o Moygownagh 0-0

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Shrule/Glencorrib 0-0 Kiltane w/o
The Neale w/o Parke
Garrymore w/o Aghamore

Division 1F
Garrymore 11  20
Kiltane 11  20
Shrule/Glencorrib 11  15
Kilfian 11  15
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 10  12
Islandeady 11  11
Mayo Gaels 11  10
Ballyhaunis 10  9
Parke 11  8
The Neale 11  6
Aghamore 11  2
Ballinrobe 11  2

spuds

Is there anywhere online where I can get a view of present club league standings and fixtures ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

http://people.gaa.ie/club/mayo

Click on the little side thingy on the left under Mayo competitions, Football, Results. Choose whatever league you want to look at then.

spuds

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2012, 08:54:39 PM
http://people.gaa.ie/club/mayo

Click on the little side thingy on the left under Mayo competitions, Football, Results. Choose whatever league you want to look at then.
Found them, thanks Farr.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard