At least ye're guaranteed Senior status  :(

Farrandeelin

Results

Treanlaur Catering Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football Championship - Semi Finals
Ballaghaderreen 1-10 Knockmore 0-10
Ballintubber 1-7 Crossmolina Deel Rovers 0-8

Relegation play-off
Breaffy 1-8 Ballina Stephenites 0-6

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Semi Final Replay
Charlestown Sarsfields 1-15 Kilmaine 2-6

Relegation play-offs
Kiltimagh 1-14 Cill Chomáin 1-6
Mayo Gaels 0-10 Killala 0-9

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Semi Finals
Ardnaree 0-11 Ballintubber 0-6
The Neale 1-10 Castlebar Mitchels 1-6

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1B
Burrishoole 1-13 Kiltane 1-12

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1C
Béal an Mhuirthead 0-9 Lahardane 2-12

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1D
Ballycastle 0-12 Achill 0-12

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1E
Davitts 3-12 Ardagh 1-8
Balla 0-15 Ballina Stephenites 0-5
Eastern Gaels 1-9 Westport 2-12

Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football League Division 1F
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 3-8 Garrymore 3-11
Parke 2-4 Tuar Mhic Éadaigh 2-7

U-21 A Football Championship Quarter Final
Hollymount-Carramore 1-7 Swinford 1-6

As for the reason why Knockmore, Crossmolina aren't producing the players of yesteryear, well, maybe the youth have dried up in the clubs. I know Knockmore won 5 North Mayo minor titles in a row, but somewhere along the line, lots of that talent has not come through at senior level. Hard to know why, maybe they're not minding their bodies well enough from once the players go to college. But it's disappointing to see clubs slip back. Ballina are hard to figure out this year. They seem to be hell bent on going for the league, which was never their forté, but lack the championship gusto, something which was ALWAYS traditional to them. If they go down, I will be very shocked to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

In fairness we never had big numbers on the county team, in fact our club championships coincided with years mayo did well for that reason sometimes. We won back to back titles in 96/97 with Dempsey on the county team and chuckie and PB on the bench.

As one ballinaman put it once Knockmore were so good cause the f**kers never left home. Not so true now, Ballina has suffered and is well behind Castlebar and Westport in terms of prosperity, add in proximity to Galway versus Sligo and economic factors contribute a lot to how an area does IMO.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: stephenite on October 08, 2012, 12:33:35 PM

Having seen the game in Ballyhaunis, ye are in trouble Stephenite. I think ye would have enough for Aghamore as they would probably fear ye too much but Kiltane would relish playing ye. The players are there though, but just aren't playing as a unit. Shows what can happen when things aren't done properly.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on October 09, 2012, 12:43:58 AM

Having seen the game in Ballyhaunis, ye are in trouble Stephenite. I think ye would have enough for Aghamore as they would probably fear ye too much but Kiltane would relish playing ye. The players are there though, but just aren't playing as a unit. Shows what can happen when things aren't done properly.

Pretty much tallies with what I've heard unfortunately. I'd hope the prospect of demotion would strike some sort of response from players, apparently the performance vs. Breaffy was worse than anything seen in living memory

From the Bunker

Horan talking of considering his position. I suppose he has to play hard ball as he will be in direct competition with the white elephant McHale Rd for funding. The pressure is on the county board and sooner or later the clubs which have been lumbered with this debt will say 'No more'!

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 09, 2012, 09:06:27 AM
Horan talking of considering his position. I suppose he has to play hard ball as he will be in direct competition with the white elephant McHale Rd for funding. The pressure is on the county board and sooner or later the clubs which have been lumbered with this debt will say 'No more'!

There was a story about alright that he was on the verge of walking over the weekend. Apparently arrangements around the team were a bit of a mess again this year?

More than a rumour anyway it would appear. On the front page of the 'western' today.

Crete Boom

Quote from: stephenite on October 09, 2012, 07:33:25 AM

Pretty much tallies with what I've heard unfortunately. I'd hope the prospect of demotion would strike some sort of response from players, apparently the performance vs. Breaffy was worse than anything seen in living memory

Yep we are looking seriously weak as a unit at the moment. I have to say I fear for us now and it's going to take a major about turn by the players to save us from demotion. Jeez between another All Ireland loss, god knows how many pay cuts, every second weekend another emigration party for one of my friends and the spector of being in the same championship as "Hungry Hill" I don't know how I'll survive next year!! :o

Mayo4Sam

Id start praying ye don't meet them, at this rate there's only one winner

Sam2011

I heard muttering about Horan at the weekend alright. Don't think its as big of a deal as some the papers are making it out to be.
It was clear at the banquet that Horan wasn't happy with the county board when he said that more money needs to be invested into the set up. I would say that at the meeting last week he asked for things to be more clearer next year when travelling and more funding and he just then provided the threat of waking if he did not get what he wished for and then someone just leaked the story.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on October 09, 2012, 04:01:49 PM
Quote from: stephenite on October 09, 2012, 07:33:25 AM

Yep we are looking seriously weak as a unit at the moment. I have to say I fear for us now and it's going to take a major about turn by the players to save us from demotion. Jeez between another All Ireland loss, god knows how many pay cuts, every second weekend another emigration party for one of my friends and the spector of being in the same championship as "Hungry Hill" I don't know how I'll survive next year!! :o

Ballina s latest management 'resigned' last night.

Mayo4Sam

How would you view that Moy? A balls to leave with one match left or a blessing that someone may come in and do something?

Who was the management, Healy, McGarry & co or has that been a while ago?

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 10, 2012, 12:31:10 AM
How would you view that Moy? A balls to leave with one match left or a blessing that someone may come in and do something?

Who was the management, Healy, McGarry & co or has that been a while ago?

I d say there are many different views about tbh.

It would be easy to blame the current outgoing management but there has been along slide downward since that AI. And there s no quick fix either. Even if we survive relegation the next management will have a job on their hands.

stephenite

Anthony McGarry was the manager this year.

I struggle with the notion that we don't have the quality of players to maintain senior status, sure we're not going to win County or Provincial honours every year but surely we have enough to be somewhat competitive?

the Deel Rover

Sickened after loosing on Sunday . The game was there for the taking, just we made far too many simple handling mistakes and let tubber back it to it plus the soft goal that we conceded . As for the referee all i can say is that when you hear knockmore men giving out about the decisions given against Cross it says it all about his performance.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001