Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Last game vs Western Bulldogs on 2nd of September, they won't play finals this year

maigheo

The grand final is on sep 29 but I think Hanleys team the Brisbane lions play there last game on sept 2 as they are out of contention for the playoffs.There fore Hanley will be available for the all ireland final :) :)

maigheo

Tubber off to a good start v castle bar .0.04 to 0.01     It is now 0.08 to 0.06 for Tubber into the 2ind half

maigheo

ballintubber 0.11 castlebar 0.08 sin e.Tubber v cross  and knockmore v ballaghdreen in the semifinals

the Deel Rover

Quote from: maigheo on August 12, 2012, 06:24:49 PM
ballintubber 0.11 castlebar 0.08 sin e.Tubber v cross  and knockmore v ballaghdreen in the semifinals
Good win for us today by 11 points was expecting a lot more from westport considering that they have beaten us the last 2 games . We haven't a chance against tubber just happy to get to the semi final's.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

sans pessimism

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2012, 09:35:39 PM
Won by 1-7 to 0-6. Good job Claremorris didn't know how to shoot. Shocking game to watch. No club games should be played in McHale Park...
Why Farr
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

sans pessimism

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 12, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
Good win for us today by 11 points was expecting a lot more from westport considering that they have beaten us the last 2 games . We haven't a chance against tubber just happy to get to the semi final's.
Ha!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 12, 2012, 11:09:18 PM
Won by 1-7 to 0-6. Good job Claremorris didn't know how to shoot. Shocking game to watch. No club games should be played in McHale Park...
Why Farr

Maybe it's just me and what was on offer yesterday, but I thought the atmosphere for knockout championship was as flat as anything I've ever witnessed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on August 12, 2012, 12:57:06 PM
The grand final is on sep 29 but I think Hanleys team the Brisbane lions play there last game on sept 2 as they are out of contention for the playoffs.There fore Hanley will be available for the all ireland final :) :)

The word on that imaginary grape-vine is that he'll return and line out for his native Eire Óg to help them to their second Roscommon Intermediate county championship, actually.

Good work by Ballagh yesterday, the final at least doesn't feel a bridge too far now, even without without Andy. I'd still have my doubts if they do get to that stage, though. Would be a wonderful achievement to actually win it without their talisman. Same boat as Mayo, I guess!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2012, 01:02:01 AM
Quote from: sans pessimism on August 12, 2012, 11:09:18 PM
Why Farr

Maybe it's just me and what was on offer yesterday, but I thought the atmosphere for knockout championship was as flat as anything I've ever witnessed.

No i agree with you farr .Never any atmosphere in mc hale park for the club matches.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tubberman

I thought Westport v Cross would be a close match, thought Westport might even win it. Couldn't believe how poor they looked.
I was only there for the second half, and it was all over at that stage. Cross will have their tails up now, should be a good semi-final!

The midfield battle in Ballintubber v Mitchels match was interesting yesterday. Jason Gibbons outshone his Mayo team-mate Barry Moran and got MOTM from Billy Fitz. Moran has been playing great stuff for Mayo and deserves his starting spot but it's great to know Gibbons is more than up to the task if he's called upon. Could be an option for CHF?

Alan Dillon is playing some of his best football in years, was brilliant again yesterday. His running, his shooting, his speed of mind. Great to watch.
Brendan Walsh made some vital saves as well, that's another man that could do a job for Mayo if he was needed.
Richie Feeney was probably best for Mitchels, named at midfield but spent a lot of the game marking Cillian O'Connor. He covered acres of ground though, he probably wanted the win more than any other Mitchels player out there. Barry Moran was playing second fiddle for a lot of the match, but came into it well in the second half. He had a few opportunities for scores as well, goals and points, but hit some bad wides.

Ballintubber were able to up the tempo and pull away when Mitchels got close to them - think there's plenty left in the tank there.
I wasn't at Sat matches but the Knockmore v Claremorris match sounds atrocious by all reports. Ballagh seem to be flying even without Andy Moran. They're a very good side when they play well - will be interesting to see how they cope with the dour Knockmore side ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seanog

"The word on that imaginary grape-vine is that he'll return and line out for his native Eire Óg to help them to their second Roscommon Intermediate county championship, actually."

Jesus wept, ye can't help yourselves from dragging your heels over all these little geographical issues, i understand your saying it in a light hearted way but i'm only on this board a couple of weeks and thats at least a couple of times now , you're not Kilcoyne by any chance?

Anyway , nowt to with eire og (father) more Kilmovee Shamrocks (mother), he's an "up Mayo" type buck and from my understanding he has been like that since he landed back to Ireland as a nipper from across the pond.

God damn Rossies , why don't they just get on with what they have , forever hung up on Mayo.

Farrandeelin

Results.

Treanlaur Catering Mayo G.A.A. Senior Football Championship - Quarter Finals
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-12 Westport 0-4
Ballintubber 0-11 Castlebar Mitchels 0-8
Knockmore 1-7 Claremorris 0-6
Ballaghaderreen 2-18 Garrymore 1-9

Egan Jewellers Mayo G.A.A. Intermediate Football Championship - Quarter Finals
Parke/Keelouges/Crimlin 2-7 Hollymount-Carramore 0-11
Charlestown Sarsfields 2-13 Bohola Moy Davitts 0-11
Burrishoole 1-11 Achill 0-13
Kilmaine 4-9 Swinford 0-7

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Group 1
Louisburgh 0-18 Kilmovee Shamrocks 1-7
Kilmeena 1-10 Knockmore 0-13
Balla 0-7 Castlebar Mitchels 4-15

Group 1
Castlebar Mitchels 5  10
Louisburgh 5  8
Kilmovee Shamrocks 5  6
Kilmeena 5  3
Knockmore 5  3
Balla 5  0

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Group 2
Ardagh 1-6 Kilfian 2-10
Ardnaree 0-15 Ballina Stephenites 1-5
Ballintubber 1-16 Ballycastle 0-8

Group 2
Ardnaree 5  10
Ballintubber 5  8
Ballina Stephenites 5  6
Kilfian 5  4
Ballycastle 5  2
Ardagh 5  0

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Group 3
The Neale 4-21 Ballaghaderreen 2-5
Lacken w/o Hollymount-Carramore 0-0

Group 3
The Neale 5  10
Ballaghaderreen 5  8
Lacken 5  6
Moygownagh 4  2
Hollymount-Carramore 5  2
Ballycroy 4  0

Mayo G.A.A. Junior Football Championship - Group 4
Crossmolina 2-16 Shrule/Glencorrib 0-4
Lahardane 5-21 Aghamore 0-7

Group 4
Lahardane 5  10
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 5  8
Shrule/Glencorrib 5  5
Claremorris 4  3
Eastern Gaels 4  2
Aghamore 5  0

East Mayo Junior Football Championship - Group 1
Eastern Gaels 3-19 Kiltimagh 2-4

East Mayo Junior Football Championship - Group 2
Ballaghaderreen 1-11 Kilmovee Shamrocks 2-9

South Mayo U-18 A Football Championship - Semi Finals
Mayo Gaels 0-10 The Neale 9-15

South Mayo U-18 B Football Championship - Semi Finals
Carras 4-7 Hollymount-Carramore 2-12
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: seanog on August 13, 2012, 11:02:52 AM
"The word on that imaginary grape-vine is that he'll return and line out for his native Eire Óg to help them to their second Roscommon Intermediate county championship, actually."

Jesus wept, ye can't help yourselves from dragging your heels over all these little geographical issues, i understand your saying it in a light hearted way but i'm only on this board a couple of weeks and thats at least a couple of times now , you're not Kilcoyne by any chance?

Anyway , nowt to with eire og (father) more Kilmovee Shamrocks (mother), he's an "up Mayo" type buck and from my understanding he has been like that since he landed back to Ireland as a nipper from across the pond.

God damn Rossies , why don't they just get on with what they have , forever hung up on Mayo.

And I wasn't even trying to get a rise! Good to know who to poke with the stick in future, though  ;)

AbbeySider

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 12, 2012, 11:12:51 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 12, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
Ha!

Hilarious Deel!
If the truth be told a fair few Crossmolina players and supporters were high-fiving and hand shaking each other after the Tubber - Mitchels game! Its in the bag for ye sure!