Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

PROPOSALS FOR NEW LEAGUE STRUCTURE

The proposal would be to move to a 12 team league in division 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E & 1F. By moving to this is would mean that there would no longer be a Division 1G and this is based on the assumption that the teams who pulled out of the division this year will not be participating next year also. When the leagues are finished have a look at where you have finished on the current 2011 league table, and see where you will be positioned on the new proposal for 2012.

Division 1A

1 1A TEAM 1
2 1A TEAM 2
3 1A TEAM 3
4 1A TEAM 4
5 1A TEAM 5
6 1A TEAM 6
7 1A TEAM 7
8 1A TEAM 8
9 1A TEAM 9
10 1A TEAM 10
11 1B TEAM 1
12 1B TEAM 2

Division 1B

1A TEAM 11
1B TEAM 3
1B TEAM 4
1B TEAM 5
1B TEAM 6
1B TEAM 7
1B TEAM 8
1B TEAM 9
1B TEAM 10
1C TEAM 1
1C TEAM 2
1C TEAM 3

Division 1C

1B TEAM 11
1C TEAM 4
1C TEAM 5
1C TEAM 6
1C TEAM 7
1C TEAM 8
1C TEAM 9
1D TEAM 1
1D TEAM 2
1D TEAM 3
1D TEAM 4
1D TEAM 5

AbbeySider

Well done DavittMan

I have to say that I am not sure if I am in favour of these changes as it significantly weakens divisions 1B, and subsequently further weakens lower divisions even more as more weaker teams are promoted. As you can see, division 1C has 3 teams that would not normally be playing in that division (as 2 normally get promoted).

All its doing is diluting the league so it will come to a stage where you have very strong teams in a division hammering teams at the bottom and maybe not even getting promoted themselves.

Also, a club fielding two teams playing Senior/Intermediate and Junior; there is hardly a free weekend as things stand so with more football to play there is less weekends for championship and for fixtures. Also the likes of the Kelly cup and other cardinal directional cups and senior summer leagues will become even more meaningless.

I would have been in favour in having 10 teams in each division which would make it very competitive and free up a couple of weekends. I dont believe that it is right to play the county final so late in the year and forcing clubs to play league late in October, and maybe even early November if this goes through. This is a joke if you are out of the championship early.

And I would also change the inter county rule to 13 days (if that is not done already).

Also I dont believe it is right playing games on the Sunday of a bank holiday either as these weekends are important for players with familys and girlfriends who may make plans for family occasions like christenings and weddings or just want to get away.

Having another league game (or two if you are playing senior & junior) in the season is not solving any problems.

nephinman

Well at least Mitchels got 1 out of 3 this evening in U21 CF @ Mchale park.

Won 3:9 to 3:7 against a good Hollymount-Carrowmore side. Could also have lost this one but well done lads  ;)

Kirby is a fine footballer.

Farrandeelin

I still think we should have beaten ye that night in quarters. One that got away in my opinion. Others think different I'm sure.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nephinman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 29, 2011, 11:15:19 AM
I still think we should have beaten ye that night in quarters. One that got away in my opinion. Others think different I'm sure.

Would'nt argue with you there Farrandeelin. That was a good well balanced backs team, we had to rely on our big guns to dig it out.

Farrandeelin

Season is officially over now in Mayo. Congrats to Ballintubber on doing the league and championship double in 2011.

galwayman

saffronandblue & Farrandeelin - bit of a strange request for ye...
Would either of ye know if there is anywhere online I could view a list of team & subs from the knockmore teams that won the senior county titles in 89,92,96 & 97?
Thanks

Mayo4Sam

Galwayman, I've the programme from 96 at home, I'll dig it out.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 30, 2011, 05:39:28 PM
Season is officially over now in Mayo. Congrats to Ballintubber on doing the league and championship double in 2011.

Fair play to ye for beating Mitchels and handing us the cup.
Some result...  :)

sans pessimism

Tubber lookin for a new manager as A.McGarry has
been confirmed as the new Ballina boss.Apply in writing........
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

highorlow

Best of luck to Davitts on Sunday.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

maigheo

good win for Davitts today.I would expect them to win the all ireland even tho it is Kerry opposition.Pete Warren has done a great job with them.

Never beat the deeler

Fair play to Davitts. Massive win for them. When will the final be on?
Hasta la victoria siempre

highorlow

Fair play to Davitts. 12th Feb is the final, croker.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Games in North Mayo Junior Winter League this Sunday at 11.30 ;D