Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Yep, all reports are that Ballintubber always had an extra gear. Congrats to them.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 02, 2011, 08:57:47 PM
Enjoy intermediate football charlestown and tom p and the rest of the bellaghy lads :D :D

You really are a bitter little man.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stephenite

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 02, 2011, 09:30:24 PM
Enjoy intermediate football charlestown and tom p and the rest of the bellaghy lads :D :D
Not nice-I'm sure it will be a short stay.Ps well done to the Boys from the Tubber.

They'd still beat most Sligo clubs :D

Tubberman

Good win for Ballintubber yesterday - very good second half performance (a bit like the rugby lads  ;)).
They raised their performance from the start of the second half and once Alan Plunkett got the goal (setup by Cillian O'C) they saw out the game well.
Really looking forward to the rematch with the Mitchels - and I'm sure Mitchels can't wait to get a chance to avenge last year's defeat. I'm expecting a much better spetacle as well, there were a lot of circumstances which led to last year's scrappy game.
I hope the experience and confidence the Ballintubber lads have got over the last couple of years will be enough to see them through - they would be the first team since Knockmore in 96 & 97 to put back to back titles together.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tubberman on October 03, 2011, 10:32:02 AM
Good win for Ballintubber yesterday - very good second half performance (a bit like the rugby lads  ;)).
They raised their performance from the start of the second half and once Alan Plunkett got the goal (setup by Cillian O'C) they saw out the game well.
Really looking forward to the rematch with the Mitchels - and I'm sure Mitchels can't wait to get a chance to avenge last year's defeat. I'm expecting a much better spetacle as well, there were a lot of circumstances which led to last year's scrappy game.
I hope the experience and confidence the Ballintubber lads have got over the last couple of years will be enough to see them through - they would be the first team since Knockmore in 96 & 97 to put back to back titles together.

I'll get in before Deel Rover and the Cross lads - they won back to back titles in 1999/2000 and 2005/2006! Ballintubber were very impressive in the second half on Sunday. I've no doubt that Castlebar are a better team this year too but it is hard to see past Ballintubber. They look supremely confident, in an assured sense, not a cocky sense.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on October 03, 2011, 10:44:28 AM

I'll get in before Deel Rover and the Cross lads - they won back to back titles in 1999/2000 and 2005/2006! Ballintubber were very impressive in the second half on Sunday. I've no doubt that Castlebar are a better team this year too but it is hard to see past Ballintubber. They look supremely confident, in an assured sense, not a cocky sense.

Woops, apologies to Cross lads! Didn't bother checking -  relied on what mid-west were saying when I got into the car yesterday  :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stephenite

Stephenites went back to back in 03 & 04 ;)

spuds

You stopped posting about Sligo football cos you're such a loose cannon, do same here !  ;) ;)
Looking forward to repeat of last years final, will be a lot better game. Mitchells have a lot of young buckeens that being a year older and having exprience of last years final will stand to them. We will start as favourites and hopefully justify that standing. Abbeysider might have a different outlook :D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mayo4Sam

they would be the first PROPER team since Knockmore in 96 & 97 to put back to back titles together.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 03, 2011, 04:43:29 PM

they would be the first NON ALL-IRELAND WINNING CLUBteam since Knockmore in 96 & 97 to put back to back titles together.

Farrandeelin

That will soon change ballinaman. I forecast Knockmore winning the Club All-Ireland. At Intermediate level if we're lucky. >:( >:( :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 03, 2011, 11:48:09 PM
That will soon change ballinaman. I forecast Knockmore winning the Club All-Ireland. At Intermediate level if we're lucky. >:( >:( :(

Ye should go for Celebrity Bainisteoir, maybe with Mary Robinson in charge?
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tubberman on October 03, 2011, 10:47:58 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on October 03, 2011, 10:44:28 AM

Woops, apologies to Cross lads! Didn't bother checking -  relied on what mid-west were saying when I got into the car yesterday  :D

:D no worries tubberman sure thats mad west for yea. Anyway one fact i do know is that we were that first mayo team to bring andy merrigan into mayo despite our lack of history  ;) ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

sans pessimism

Hoping for a better final this year
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

StoneWall

Looks like Conor Mort to Parnells.