Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 30, 2011, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 29, 2011, 10:21:34 PM
A lot of lads here need to go to the Poor Mouth School. Some very amateur efforts.

Dont know if you are getting at me or not there R&GS.

Does anyone know if the hotdog stand will be in McHale park on Sunday?
Doesn't have a patch on the one that used to be behind the old stand, steam from piss wafting directly into the van.... :D

Tubberman

Looking forward to seeing this Evan Regan for Ballina. Sounds like a very good prospect.
And Abbeysider is right about Ballintubber catchment - it's long, but it's narra!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

Quote from: Tubberman on September 30, 2011, 01:40:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing this Evan Regan for Ballina. Sounds like a very good prospect.
And Abbeysider is right about Ballintubber catchment - it's long, but it's narra!

True, funny over the years lads from tubber parish go into secondary schools in Westport, Castlebar, Balla, Ballinrobe and Claremorris. Years ago boarding to St. Jarlaths and into Ballinafad too. Be very few clubs that are so spread out at this stage.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on September 30, 2011, 07:32:47 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 30, 2011, 12:16:59 AM
B'Tubber 8/15, ballina 15/8, 2 pt spread. K'more 6/4, c'bar 4/6, 1 pt spread.

Sure Paddy is never wrong, you never saw a poor bookie
Ivan Yates?

I'd say Ivan isn't too hard up, he won't have to resort to tea bags for eye masks like poor Ali

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/on-just-euro196-a-week-it-hurts-to-part-with-the-pennies-2271802.html

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 30, 2011, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 29, 2011, 10:21:34 PM
A lot of lads here need to go to the Poor Mouth School. Some very amateur efforts.

Dont know if you are getting at me or not there R&GS.

Does anyone know if the hotdog stand will be in McHale park on Sunday?

I'm on about you and Farrandeelin's efforts to talk yerselves down. Ye would want to get onto Johnno for tutelage on how to properly play the poor mouth. Rule number one, it has to be believable and making Ballina and Castlebar favourites would stretch even the most gullible club follower!
I like Spuds approach - honest and to feck with what ever others might think. It's not arrogant either. Merely confident. Which ye should be.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

I'm not confident though. More hopeful than anything. Killer and Shane  McHale still aren't right injurywise. It's a giod day though, so no excuses will be made if we don't win either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Well done Castlebar. Instead of winning by 5, it should be 10 or 12.

maigheo

ballina 0.03 tubber 0.04  .20 min gone   tubber with breeze

Ludraman

maigheo

ballina ahead 1.06 to 0.07 .a few min into 2ind half

maigheo

tubber 1,12  ballina 1.08  15 min to go .plunkett with the goal set up by c.oconnor

Farrandeelin

Full-time ended up Ballintubber winning by 5, 1-15 to 1-10.

Charlestown are Intermediate next year. How on Earth did they lose to Tourmakeady? Well done to Tourmak by the way, it goes to show that success can't be taken for granted.

I got my predictions right for the Juniors and Intermediates, although if Lahardane hadn't left themselves with too much work to do, they could have beaten Ardnaree who seemed to suffer a bit of nervousness in the last 10 minutes.

SLIGONIAN

Enjoy intermediate football charlestown and tom p and the rest of the bellaghy lads :D :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sans pessimism

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 02, 2011, 08:57:47 PM
Enjoy intermediate football charlestown and tom p and the rest of the bellaghy lads :D :D
Not nice-I'm sure it will be a short stay.Ps well done to the Boys from the Tubber.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Well done Ballintubber. They won pulling up really.