Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

The craic would be 90 if it was a Knockmore vBallina final. I think it will be a Castlebar v Ballina final. Agree with you on the intermediate predictions. I'm sticking to my guns regards juniors. Charlestown to beat Tourmak in the rel playoff.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

I don't think Ballina will win, Ballintubber are too strong and there isn't enough of a scoring threat there. What are the times of the matches?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

StoneWall

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 26, 2011, 09:35:08 AM
Ballina are coming good at the right time and I think we could struggle with a couple of injuries so it kills me to give them the nod to be in the final.

The poor mouth card isn't going to work anymore abbeysider  ::) . I was reading in the Mayo News that ye have won 40 of yer last 43 league and championship games. That's some record and winning culture. I expect it to continue until next February.

Senior final
Knockmore V Ballintubber

Intermediate final
Burrishoole V Parke (you can never rely on Davitts ;))

Junior final
The Neale V Ardnaree

AbbeySider

Quote from: StoneWall on September 27, 2011, 08:42:38 AM
Ballina are coming good at the right time and I think we could struggle with a couple of injuries so it kills me to give them the nod to be in the final.

The poor mouth card isn't going to work anymore abbeysider  ::) . I was reading in the Mayo News that ye have won 40 of yer last 43 league and championship games. That's some record and winning culture. I expect it to continue until next February.

Gimmi a break StoneWall, most of those stats are from league games and we all know a lot of senior teams dont take the league seriously so its not a very accurate measurement IMO.

Anyway the big stats speak for themselves, as in Ballina have won 36 Mayo Senior Football Championships so they are the Goliath in the equation.

Ballintubber have won 1 in the last 100 years so expecting 2 titles in a row is ambitious

StoneWall

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 28, 2011, 12:57:22 PM
Gimmi a break StoneWall, most of those stats are from league games and we all know a lot of senior teams dont take the league seriously so its not a very accurate measurement IMO.

Anyway the big stats speak for themselves, as in Ballina have won 36 Mayo Senior Football Championships so they are the Goliath in the equation.

As Tyrone proved in the last ten years you don't have to have a history to be successful. League games or not winning is a great habit that breeds confidence and ye certainly have that winning culture at present. Correct me if I'm wrong but did ye not beat Ballina in the quarters last year? 36 titles in one hundreds years won't mean a thing once the ball is thrown in at the weekend (is the game Saturday or Sunday?).

Ballintubber have won 1 in the last 100 years so expecting 2 titles in a row is ambitious

I'd have thought that yer main goal at the beginning of the year was back to back titles with ambitions for Connacht?

ballinaman

Quote from: StoneWall on September 28, 2011, 02:49:01 PM

As Tyrone proved in the last ten years you don't have to have a history to be successful. League games or not winning is a great habit that breeds confidence and ye certainly have that winning culture at present. Correct me if I'm wrong but did ye not beat Ballina in the quarters last year? 36 titles in one hundreds years won't mean a thing once the ball is thrown in at the weekend (is the game Saturday or Sunday?).

I'd have thought that yer main goal at the beginning of the year was back to back titles with ambitions for Connacht?
Aye, by a point....long year thinking about that one.

AbbeySider

Quote from: ballinaman on September 28, 2011, 02:52:53 PM

and they didnt even have Pat Harte

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 28, 2011, 04:17:55 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 28, 2011, 02:52:53 PM

and they didnt even have Pat Harte
:D

AbbeySider

Ballintubber Vs Balina - Sunday at 3.30
Park Vs Davitts - Sunday at 2:00
Islandeady Vs The Neale - Sunday at 12:00

I hope the pitch holds up to all those games in 24 hours  ::)

I dont know about that, it is one of the toughest things to do to win back to back titles, and in your only your 4th year playing senior after winning it for the first time in 100 years surely the odds on that one are long enough.

spuds

Quote from: StoneWall on September 27, 2011, 08:42:38 AM

Senior final
Knockmore V Ballintubber

Intermediate final
Burrishoole V Parke (you can never rely on Davitts ;))

Junior final
The Neale V Ardnaree
Ah we'd be confident enough. To win when expected to will be a right buzz.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

Sure why wouldn't ye be spuds. I mean isn't it all about west Mayo clubs anymore? Us poor north Mayo clubeens are just there to keep the ball kicked out to ye.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StoneWall

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 28, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
I dont know about that, it is one of the toughest things to do to win back to back titles, and in your only your 4th year playing senior after winning it for the first time in 100 years surely the odds on that one are long enough.

If you are offering to lay Ballintubber with those long odds I'll gladly snap your hand off ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 28, 2011, 04:43:46 PM

Ballintubber Vs Balina - Sunday at 3.30
Park Vs Davitts - Sunday at 2:00
Islandeady Vs The Neale - Sunday at 12:00

I hope the pitch holds up to all those games in 24 hours  ::)

i don't know why your going on about the past Abbeysider it doesn't mean a thing . At the moment you are county champions and ye are there to be bet. Yes it tough to win back to back titles but the past won't stop ye
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

sans pessimism

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2011, 07:41:50 AM
Sure why wouldn't ye be spuds. I mean isn't it all about west Mayo clubs anymore? Us poor north Mayo clubeens are just there to keep the ball kicked out to ye.
;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

stephenite

Deel has it right, the only thing that will stop Ballintubber winning the county championship, Connacht and the All Ireland is their heads.