Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Looks cut and dried, points to Ballintubber

Farrandeelin

Are Ballintubber, Tourmakeady and Parke in the All-Ireland sevens for their respective grades having won the SFC, IFC and JFC respectively last year? As a Mayoman, I wish them the best if they are.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sans pessimism

B/Tubber v Ballina,C/Bar v K/More senior c/ship
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

macdanger2

Looks done and dusted for a repeat of last year's final............

First weekend in Oct? McHale Park??

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

AbbeySider

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 12, 2011, 09:58:41 PM
Looks done and dusted for a repeat of last year's final............

First weekend in Oct? McHale Park??

Oh yeah macdanger, Ballina or Knockmore need not show up!  :P ;)
Seriously, I do think Ballina are a very experienced side that could easily Ballintubber, and in my view, Knockmore might have the forwards to seriously trouble Castlebar so its not clear cut at all.

Farrandeelin

It does look set to be a repeat of last year's final. Knockmore, since beating Ballaghaderreen in the quarter finals have lost to Westport by 9 points and Ballina by 10 in the league. Forwards didn't do much in those games I'm afraid. :-[

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2011, 12:58:30 PM
It does look set to be a repeat of last year's final. Knockmore, since beating Ballaghaderreen in the quarter finals have lost to Westport by 9 points and Ballina by 10 in the league. Forwards didn't do much in those games I'm afraid. :-[

Yeah but its well known that Knockmore's main focus is the championship and they dont give a fiddlers for the league -  thats their word from the camp anyway.

Personally I think that winning is a habit and you should go out to win everything as losing can cast doubt in a players mind, or effect confidence but every team to their own.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 13, 2011, 01:05:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2011, 12:58:30 PM

Yeah but its well known that Knockmore's main focus is the championship and they dont give a fiddlers for the league -  thats their word from the camp anyway.

Personally I think that winning is a habit and you should go out to win everything as losing can cast doubt in a players mind, or effect confidence but every team to their own.

I totally agree. Who's to say K'more will win the championship anyway? If we kept on winning in the league it would be something to have fallen back on.

Farrandeelin

Juniors semis this weekend. I've a feeling it will be an Ardnaree v Islandeady Junior final. Any representatives from these clubs here? Hope Ardnaree win it out.

southsider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 22, 2011, 01:26:05 PM
Juniors semis this weekend. I've a feeling it will be an Ardnaree v Islandeady Junior final. Any representatives from these clubs here? Hope Ardnaree win it out.

wouldnt be suprised if the neale cause an upset. nice group of forwards - young sean cosgrove a lovely footballer. if casey and hughes bring their A games to table they might well just do it. 'mossy' costello has made them a tighter unit than they have been in past

Farrandeelin

Two draws. Ardnaree 0-6 Lahardane 0-6. Islandeady 1-10 The Neale 1-10.

sans pessimism

Cross still argueing the toss about their 'no show' in B/Tubber-Its been rejected by the CCC and they now taking it Connaught Council-Bizarre!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 25, 2011, 10:41:52 PM
Cross still argueing the toss about their 'no show' in B/Tubber-Its been rejected by the CCC and they now taking it Connaught Council-Bizarre!

Crossmolina! Argue! Sure them hoors are always arguing, be it on field or off! :P

AbbeySider

Any predictions for the weekends championship fixtures?

Senior Semi's
Knockmore    v   Mitchels
Ballintubber    v   Ballina

Intermediate Semi's
Burrishoole    v   Ballyhaunis
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin    v   Davitts

Junior Replays
Islandeady    v   The Neale
Ardnaree    v   Lahardane

Senior Relegation Playoff
Tourmakeady    v   Charlestown

I have a funny feeling that there is a big game in Knockmore and they could surprise the next day so I will predict Knockmore to shave it.

Ballina are coming good at the right time and I think we could struggle with a couple of injuries so it kills me to give them the nod to be in the final.

Burrishoole should overcome Ballyhaunis and Davitts might have too much for Parke. The juniors are very hard to separate but I think Lahardane might be the team to beat and The Neale sounded impressive when Eoin Hughes came on to midfield on Sunday - I wasnt at either game though.

I would not like to be facing Tourmakeady in a relegation playoff...