Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2011, 04:43:37 PM
When's the draw for the S/Fs?

Looks like it could be another Castlebar v Ballintubber final.

One only hopes the quality might be a bit better ig it was a reprat.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ludermor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2011, 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2011, 04:43:37 PM
When's the draw for the S/Fs?

Looks like it could be another Castlebar v Ballintubber final.

One only hopes the quality might be a bit better ig it was a reprat.
Were ya out last night Farr?

Farrandeelin

No. Using the mobile these days and haven't small fingers!

ludermor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2011, 12:59:59 PM
No. Using the mobile these days and haven't small fingers!
Ah i see, my stubby digits are not designed for these new phones!

Farrandeelin

Kiltane 3-8 Charlestown 0-13.

Ballina 1-7 Breaffy 0-9

AbbeySider

How are the Crossmolina heads this morning?
That was a funny stunt that was pulled on Sunday morning. Showed a lack of respect.
Where is the pride? How the mighty have fallen  :(

ludermor

stephenite

Interested to know what happened also

macdanger2

Has the draw for the semi-finals been made yet??

AbbeySider

I can only tell the story based on the information I know.

Ballintubber were due to play Crossmolina in a Senior Division 1A league game on Sunday at 12pm but Crossmolina didn't show.

Now I know some of them had a wedding in Kerry on Saturday night and they were trying to swap the fixture or postpone it, and as far as I know we did everything we could to accommodate them but they were unsuccessful and the fixture was supposed to go ahead as planned.

Long story short, Ballintubber got the walk over and the points but it was very disappointing, especially when the home team had no clue the away team were not travelling, and the supporters arrived at a game to be turned away. I can only guess there was a breakdown in communication in Crossmolina as are fielding 3 teams all year so surely they could gather up a few extra lads for a fixture.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 05, 2011, 11:59:27 AM

Next Monday night. I don't know why they couldn't do it tonight.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2011, 02:35:41 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 05, 2011, 11:59:27 AM

Next Monday night. I don't know why they couldn't do it tonight.

I would like to know why they draw couldnt take place tonight too. I dont understand what the wait is.

Farrandeelin

Abbeysider, regarding Crossmolina, who did ye go to, to get the fixture postponed, switched etc?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2011, 02:44:39 PM
Abbeysider, regarding Crossmolina, who did ye go to, to get the fixture postponed, switched etc?

Are you asking me who Ballintubber went to, to get a fixture postponed or switched on behalf of Crossmolina ???

I am not sure that I follow your question there Farrandeelin

I think Cross tried to swap weekends with Ballagh who had a bye and a few more who were not down to play at the weekend and we would have been happy to do that or to play it any time over the weekend.

I dont think it mattered who we played if anyone was willing to swap with Cross.

the Deel Rover

From the Mayo News

Mayo GAA clubs embroiled in league stand-off
Tuesday, 06 September 2011 

League no-show leads to stand-off

Edwin McGreal

CROSSMOLINA manager John Maughan insists that his team are 'not going to accept' Ballintubber being awarded two Mayo GAA senior league points after last Sunday's scheduled Division 1A fixture between the clubs did not go ahead.
To make a long story a little shorter, Ballintubber were on the field in Clogher on Sunday with no opponents when referee Eamon McAndrew threw in the ball shortly after 12.15pm. Alan Plunkett fisted the ball over the bar and the referee blew for full-time, awarding the game to Ballintubber.
So where were Crossmolina? At the Community Pitch in Ballintubber, where they insist that the official fixture from the County Board said the game was fixed for.
Speaking to The Mayo News last night, John Maughan said: "I spoke to our secretary Dermot Butler on Friday and specifically asked him where was the game on. He said the fixture specifically said Ballintubber.
"I knew that there was a new pitch there and so I sent out the text on Friday to tell the lads to go to Ballintubber for the game. It was my genuine understanding that that was where the game would be. We had 22 fellas there to play the match."
The Crossmolina manager and several of his senior squad weren't in Ballintubber, having attended the wedding of former Crossmolina player, Liam Moffatt, in Killarney the previous day.
Ballintubber GAA club chairman, Sean Hallinan, said that, as far as his club were concerned, the matter was an open and shut case.
"The game was fixed for 12 noon at the home venue of Ballintubber GAA Club, which is Ray Prendergast Memorial Park in Clogher," he said.
"Our players were there, as was appointed referee Eamon McAndrew for the 12 noon throw-in. Every effort was made to inform Crossmolina on Sunday that the game was taking place in Clogher, but for whatever reason they ignored this communication and refused to fulfill the fixture.
"We have always had a good relationship with the Crossmolina club and every effort was made to facilitate a change for the fixture. However, due to our continuing involvement in the league and senior and U-21 championships, we simply could not find a window within the permitted 14 days to play the game."
"We asked Ballintubber to facilitate us by moving the game," remarked John Maughan.
"A lot of us were in Kerry at a wedding on Saturday and expecting us to get from Kerry to Ballintubber for a 12 o'clock game is asking an awful lot.
"We'd have had to leave Killarney at 7am and I wouldn't jeopardise the safety of my players by asking them to do that.
"We asked to play the game at 6pm Sunday evening but we weren't accommodated. We offered to play it on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week, and next week, but Ballintubber couldn't facilitate us."
Meanwhile, Mayo GAA Board PRO Aiden McLoughlin confirmed that the two league points would be awarded to Ballintubber.
"The fixtures went out and Crossmolina were looking to get the game off but they couldn't be accommodated because there's no time in which the game could be played," he explained.
"Crossmolina went to Ballintubber, but Ballintubber had officials at both grounds to tell Crossmolina to go to the right venue and the referee arrived in Clogher too. Everything is above board from a Ballintubber point of view."

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001