Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 16, 2011, 12:24:42 AM
In the seniors, you'd expect Ballintubber to progress anyway.

The other three are 50/50 although if I was a betting man, I'd go for Castlebar, Ballina & Knockmore..........

Are these at neutral venues?

I think the Senior games are down for McHale park the weekend after next, August 27th/28th
I have a feeling the Junior games will be at neutral venues, as will the intermediate I think.

macdanger2

AbbeySider

Is it an open draw for the Semis or is that done too?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 16, 2011, 10:58:16 AM

one game at a time abbeysider  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 17, 2011, 12:22:35 PM

;D
I guess I was getting too excited!

Treanlaur Catering Senior Football Championship
Sat 27/08/2011 - McHale Park
16:30   Knockmore    vs   Ballaghadereen    
18:00   Ballina Stephenites    vs   Breaffy

Sun 28/08/2011 - McHale Park   
15:00   Ballintubber    vs   Shrule-Glencorrib    
16:30   Castlebar Mitchels    vs   Crossmolina Deel Rovers    

Play-offs:
03/09/2011
17:00   Charlestown    vs   Kiltane - McHale Park
27/08/2011
16:30   Tourmakeady    vs   Garrymore - Hollymount

Mayo4Sam

I'd back Tubber, mitchells, Breaffy and hopefully ourselves. If Tubber and mitchells avoid each other they'll make the final
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 17, 2011, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 17, 2011, 12:22:35 PM

;D
I guess I was getting too excited!

Sat 27/08/2011 - McHale Park
16:30   Knockmore    vs   Ballaghadereen    
18:00   Ballina Stephenites    vs   Breaffy

Sun 28/08/2011 - McHale Park   
15:00   Ballintubber    vs   Shrule-Glencorrib    
16:30   Castlebar Mitchels    vs   Crossmolina Deel Rovers    

Play-offs:
03/09/2011
17:00   Charlestown    vs   Kiltane - McHale Park
27/08/2011
16:30   Tourmakeady    vs   Garrymore - Hollymount

i'dsay you have the hotel booked allready :P ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Mayo4Sam

Personally I think it would be mighty to see charlestown relegated, I f**king hate that shower, always have

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2011, 12:40:12 AM
Personally I think it would be mighty to see charlestown relegated, I f**king hate that shower, always have

:D don't hold back m4s at least you love your neighbours  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Mayo4Sam

Ah I mightnt like all the local lads but at least you'd have time for them. Played c'town a lot underage in soccer and football for club and school and they were always a sneaky underhand shower. They had a settled traveller on the soccer team, would have been U-14/16, he was about 20 by the time the U-16 came about, no birth cert but the world and it's mother knew he was no more U-16.
Ginger Tiernan pretty much epitomises Charlestown for me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
Ah I mightnt like all the local lads but at least you'd have time for them. Played c'town a lot underage in soccer and football for club and school and they were always a sneaky underhand shower. They had a settled traveller on the soccer team, would have been U-14/16, he was about 20 by the time the U-16 came about, no birth cert but the world and it's mother knew he was no more U-16.

Is Ginger Tiernan not a bit of a club legend?
I know he hits hard but he has been the linchpin of Charlestown for years and would be well respected... no?

Mayo4Sam

I've no doubt they love him up there

muppet

I played against Knockmore when anyone taking a sideline ball would be lucky to escape with merely verbal abuse. Crowd control would have been non-existant and they lined the sideline to welcome us. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't any easier on the pitch either with the likes of Kevin Staunton, Peter Butler and Ray Dempsey around. To be fair to those three there was nothing sneaky or underhand about them, unlike the lot on the sideline.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on August 18, 2011, 01:58:32 PM

I played against Knockmore when anyone taking a sideline ball would be lucky to escape with merely verbal abuse. Crowd control would have been non-existant and they lined the sideline to welcome us. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't any easier on the pitch either with the likes of Kevin Staunton, Peter Butler and Ray Dempsey around. To be fair to those three there was nothing sneaky or underhand about them, unlike the lot on the sideline.

At least you lived to tell the tale. We are a lively bunch alright! :D

What about if Mayo win? Will the CB continue to press ahead with games and the AI Final in a few weeks??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Muppet I've no doubt people have the same sentiments about us as I have for C'town. The McHales were an awful crew to come up against, Rambo would split you and Eugene torment you. We could do with a few more like them now in the parish of backs