Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Knockmore beat Breaffy today 1-10 to 1-8. AOS got sent off along with Micheal Jennings for Breaffy, while Andrew Keane got the line for Knockmore.It was a pathetic and silly thing that Andrew Keane did to get sent off. Luckily for Mayo AOS got two yellows and not a straight red, unlike Jennings who got a straight red. It was a 'no holds barred encounter' to say the least!

Ballinrobe hammered Kiltane, 1-13 to 0-4 and Ballina cruised to victory over Claremorris - 2-13 to 0-6. Tourmakeady won against Shrule but it matters nothing for them as they go into the relegation playoffs.

Last 8: Knockmore, Ballina, Crossmolina, Castlebar, Ballintubber, Breaffy, Shrule-Glencorrib and Ballaghaderreen.

Relegation playoffs: Kiltane, Garrymore, Charlestown and Tourmakeady.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

What did Keane do? I saw mention of it on twitter but no details
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

He gave AOS a pat on the head as he was walking off. Moreso silly than pathetic I suppose, but he was on a yellow from earlier.

Mayo4Sam

And Jennings decked him for it?
Who were the scorers in chief? How did the county lads do?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Harsh on Kiltane to end up in the relegation playoff - how did they lose by 9 points at home to Ballinrobe though!!

southsider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 07, 2011, 10:17:31 PM
Harsh on Kiltane to end up in the relegation playoff - how did they lose by 9 points at home to Ballinrobe though!!

12 points! hard one to figure out but lads at home reckon first time all season ballinrobe had full line up fit. tough on the kiltane boys.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 07, 2011, 09:44:29 PM
And Jennings decked him for it?
Who were the scorers in chief? How did the county lads do?

Munnelly scored K'more's goal, plus a few other points. Donnellan scored a stunning 2nd half point as well. I have to say McLoughlin was the reason why Breaffy took Conor OShea off, he cleaned him out of it imo. Seamie O'Shea didn't perform too well. Aidan did all he could do I think. Hard to know with Breaffy how they'll do to be honest.

errisbeo

very dissapointed with kiltane yesterday..the performance was a milion miles away from the first two championship games..we probably should have been further behind at half time than 4 points got completely dominated in the breaking ball stakes which is a sign of ballinrobes hunger..in the second half had numerous chances at the start only to kick wide after wide then man sent off.. missed penalty.. o Malley making about 5 world class saves and you just knew it wasnt going to be our day...itl be hard to lift the heads for the play off but if we can reproduce our earlier form and most importantly hunger we should be ok

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2011, 08:36:52 PM
Last 8: Knockmore, Ballina, Crossmolina, Castlebar, Ballintubber, Breaffy, Shrule-Glencorrib and Ballaghaderreen.

Relegation playoffs: Kiltane, Garrymore, Charlestown and Tourmakeady.

I had a funny feeling for a while that we could draw Breaffy this year  ;D

macdanger2

What's / when's the draw for the Q/Fs??

AbbeySider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 11, 2011, 05:15:27 PM
What's / when's the draw for the Q/Fs??

All will be known on Monday night

macdanger2

RedandGreenSniper

Senior
Balllintubber v Shrule
Knockmore v Ballagh
Breaffy v Ballina
Castlebar v Crossmolina

Intermediate
Davitts v Kilmaine
Burrishoole v Holly
Ballyhaunis v Belmullet
Cill Chomain v Parke

Didn't get draw for the juniors
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

macdanger2

In the seniors, you'd expect Ballintubber to progress anyway.

The other three are 50/50 although if I was a betting man, I'd go for Castlebar, Ballina & Knockmore..........

Are these at neutral venues?

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 15, 2011, 11:37:26 PM
Senior
Balllintubber v Shrule
Knockmore v Ballagh
Breaffy v Ballina
Castlebar v Crossmolina

Intermediate
Davitts v Kilmaine
Burrishoole v Holly
Ballyhaunis v Belmullet