Ulster Scotch

Started by Square Ball, December 31, 2006, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flameboy

and what dearly held prejudices would they be evil genius?

fyi, im entirely familiar with Robert Burns...

your idea that the indigenous people of ireland are not of celtic origin will surely be news to all historians and anthropologists who have worked on this issue in the past....

all you need to do now is prove the veracity of your wild assertions and you'll surely be on course for the academic recognition you plainly deserve...

i suspect that you think the indigenous peoples of ancient ireland wore tuxedos, sat around in ancient gentlemens clubs, drinking brandy, toasting portraits of the queen and "the Regiment"...

nifan

Quoteyour idea that the indigenous people of ireland are not of celtic origin will surely be news to all historians and anthropologists who have worked on this issue in the past....

you sure about that, there is conflict in this area as far as im aware, thou im by no means up on the details.
I suspect of you look around youll find all historians do not agree - some believe an indigenous people where "celtified" by trade links etc.

Flameboy

who were these mysterious indigenous people?

Tuatha De Danaaan?

Lost tribe of israel perhaps...

Atlanteans?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Flameboy on January 03, 2007, 12:44:43 PM
your idea that the indigenous people of ireland are not of celtic origin will surely be news to all historians and anthropologists who have worked on this issue in the past....
I'm backing Evil Genius on this one Flameboy.

Flameboy

ziggysego

You ain't going to let this thread die, are you Flameboy lol
Testing Accessibility

Flameboy

Bogball XV

Quote from: Flameboy on January 03, 2007, 03:57:18 PM
why?
Because Wiki does too - never disagree with wikipedia, it sets a dangerous precedent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people

J70

Quote from: nifan on January 03, 2007, 01:06:10 PM

Quoteyour idea that the indigenous people of ireland are not of celtic origin will surely be news to all historians and anthropologists who have worked on this issue in the past....

you sure about that, there is conflict in this area as far as im aware, thou im by no means up on the details.
I suspect of you look around youll find all historians do not agree - some believe an indigenous people where "celtified" by trade links etc.

Plus there were Mesolithic and Neolithic people here for several thousand years before the Celts, the oldest traces (if memory serves) being from Mount Sandal along the Bann.

Flameboy

j70 - i see dead people man......

ziggysego

Quote from: Flameboy on January 03, 2007, 04:57:04 PM
j70 - i see dead people man......

Give Saddam my regards Flameboy
Testing Accessibility

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 03, 2007, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: Flameboy on January 03, 2007, 12:44:43 PM
I'm backing Evil Genius on this one Flameboy.

The Celts are nothing but foreign invaders, who should be booted off the island at the first opportunity. ;) :D

Square Ball

Ulster Scots is still a lot of aul  bollox!!!!! ;D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Bottom Brick

MW obviously knows his stuff here, unlike Flameboy who's only arguing for the sake of a row.

However...

Quotethe bag snaw

Funniest thing Ive heard in ages!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!