Fearon books Citywest for AIF, by Easytiger

Started by Hardy, February 04, 2013, 11:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

It's a well known fact this board has went down hill for years, and will never reach the heights of when our nail loney, corn02 et al were on board.

T Fearon

Yes Bummer,your post on the N.I Tourist Board's website,ahead of the Armagh Fermanagh Ulster semi final in 2002 is worth remembering.You know,the one where you appealed for the populace of Fermanagh to come out and support their boys against "the most hateful shower in Ireland" ;D ;D

It had the desired affect, an additional card load of Fermanagh supporters turned up in addition to the normal two car loads!

Jonah

The Stallion

Bump for whoever mentioned this in another thread there.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on February 04, 2013, 12:43:33 PM
It's a pity the original post is no more. The lost works of Sophocles are but the output of Stock, Aitken & Waterman by comparison.

The Real Tony Fearon
(8/11/03 8:37 am)
Get the hotels booked now!
In the sure and certain knowledge of being there on Sept 21st,i have reserved accommodation this morning,at a very reasonable rate,,for the 20 and 21st of Sept,at Citywest.I advise you to folloow suit,as hotel space will be at a premium with premium rates come Sept 21

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

I do remember this with a certain fondness not least for the fact that my accommodation at Citywest that year was subsequently paid for by the Corporate Sector as was my attendance at the official Armagh Dinner at the same venue that night.In fact the only thing missing from a cost free weekend was Sam!😜

Bud Wiser

How are you Tony, was that the year I gave you two Premiums for the Final and you thought up to the last day that I was bluffing. We met on some back road like two drug dealers !  Them was the days
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

T Fearon

That was the year before Bud.The year we won Sam.Yes we met in Cavan and my gratitude is eternal and you generosity unforgotten.

magpie seanie

Good to hear from you Bud.....haven't noticed you around here too much for a while. Like Tony, I benefitted from your generosity and will never forget the craic we had with the golf/fundraiser/piss up! Great times.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 28, 2016, 01:08:32 PM
Good to hear from you Bud.....haven't noticed you around here too much for a while. Like Tony, I benefitted from your generosity and will never forget the craic we had with the golf/fundraiser/piss up! Great times.

Never forget? I can barely remember ! :) Good to see you back Bud.

Hardy

How's it going Bud (from another beneficiary)?

ONeill

Bud's tip yonks back made me a nice sum. Some horse led from start to finish around 28-1 or so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

I always thought it was great when Armagh won the All-Ireland, it did so much for weaker counties at the time because everyone thought, well if a piss-poor team like Armagh can win it anyone can. There was talk of three in a row (the only time they do three in a row up there is when repeating the leaving cert) and there were Armagh men criss-crossing our little island in helicopters as demand for their managerial skills grew. Others became mercenaries and joined Dublin, Kildare and other clubs to generously donate freely the magic winning formula.  Sadly it all ended like a great big water balloon and as always, just when Laois were on the rise the rug was pulled from under us again.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Main Street

I thought Laois on the rise was just a rumour.