Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I must admit i dont fully believe the threats to Donaldson and Poots either. The dissidents might not be the sharpest tools in the box but even they must know that these two have done the nationalist cause more good than damage. Smoke screen for me tbh

rossie mad

Just seen a picture on rte news of a road block on donegall road with a placard saying welcome to british south belfast.
Does this mean that the loyalist protesters believe that there is an irish south belfast under the juristiction of the republic? :P

imtommygunn

Poots has been hugely irresponsible over the whole thing and to be honest should be stripped of his position. However we all know that won't happen.

Donaldson is no different to he ever was.

Poor show on anyone ringing in these threats.

Everywhere else in the UK the flag only flies on those designated days - I dind't realise this until the other day. So basically Belfast City Hall is now in line with the rest of the UK. So based on that these people are being allowed to be as British as anyone else British. The hipocrisy continues.

johnneycool

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 12, 2012, 12:50:52 PM
@ Johnneycool

Jeremy's threat was written in a sympathy card and posted to a newspaper office (not 100% sure if it was a newspaper office) according to Nolan this morning.

In other news...the boul Willie (no, not that one!) to be seen at a street corner near you??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-20691234

Right,
    so no coded password or the likes..

How can either he or Edwin know who sent it then?

charlieTully

We all know it's a pile of shite to deflect attention.

EC Unique

What do they actually hope to achieve with the protests? Do these people think the council will back track and put the fleg back up?

Rossfan

That tool Billy Hutchinson was on RTE news this morning.
Seems he is now "a second class citizen" and it's all down to "republicans agitating".
Unless the "peace process is reinvigorated" the people who are protesting will continue.

:o ::)

You couldn't make it up
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orior

Quote from: EC Unique on December 12, 2012, 02:28:26 PM
What do they actually hope to achieve with the protests? Do these people think the council will back track and put the fleg back up?

No, but the Peter Protestant will get his parliament seat back from the Alliance. Plus more funding for the underprivileged areas, and maybe spelling classes, and the right to coat trail etcetera, etcetera, etcetera
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

I hope the alliance get a sympathy vote after the way they have been treated and they hold this seat.
I doubt it will happen

seafoid

Quote from: Cold tea on December 12, 2012, 11:09:43 AM
Probably more to do with family sizes.
In round terms, there are 864,000 people who are or were brought up as Protestants compared to 810,000 Catholics – a difference of just 54,000. A significant narrowing of the sectarian divide from the 2001 census, when there were 890,000 such Protestants and 740,000 such Catholics in Northern Ireland – a difference of 150,000.

Protestants : 864-890 = decline of 26
Catholics     : 810- 740 = increase of 70

There must be more catholic births but also more catholics of working age staying in NI

Rois

I saw on Facebook that there's a peace rally being organised for Belfast city centre on Sunday (to finish at 12pm) with everyone encouraged to stay in town afterwards and spend money in shops/restaurants/market to help make up for lost trade.

lickthem

Give their community leaders a free holiday in magaluf with a wee bit of spending money and it will be all over.

lickthem

Who appoints Joe Jordan as the President of the Belfast chamber of commerce?

Maguire01

Quote from: rossie mad on December 12, 2012, 01:44:58 PM
Just seen a picture on rte news of a road block on donegall road with a placard saying welcome to british south belfast.
Does this mean that the loyalist protesters believe that there is an irish south belfast under the juristiction of the republic? :P
Would that be the same South Belfast that elected a nationalist MP?

imtommygunn

Half the ormeau road shut and traffic chaos again >:(

This shit needs to stop.