Balmoral Show

Started by Tony Baloney, May 18, 2012, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Sportacus on May 18, 2012, 10:51:20 PM
Saw two very prominent crossmaglen players at it with their kids.

Probably stoops though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

I see the Orange Order with a stand at the show this year, surly to god this shouldn't be tolerated in this day an age. That an openly sectarian group such as this should be allowed to promote its hate at a farming event is a step to far. Every nationalist should boycott the event until they are removed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on May 10, 2023, 10:24:16 PM
I see the Orange Order with a stand at the show this year, surly to god this shouldn't be tolerated in this day an age. That an openly sectarian group such as this should be allowed to promote its hate at a farming event is a step to far. Every nationalist should boycott the event until they are removed.

DUP there every year, I don't see the difference
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Wear your gaa gear show them the demographics.

marty34

One of the things that annoys me the most is when OO is compared ti the GAA.  I hear this regularly in discussions etc.

Should be comparing the OO with the AOH instead.

general_lee

Sure half the farmers are Orangemen!

snoopdog

Quote from: marty34 on May 11, 2023, 08:33:47 AM

One of the things that annoys me the most is when OO is compared ti the GAA.  I hear this regularly in discussions etc.

Should be comparing the OO with the AOH instead.
I wasn't comparing them. And I get your point. Why would the orange order even have a stand at an agricultural show.?

imtommygunn

I would say a lot of their membership comes from agricultural backgrounds. Also I would say they are trying to fight back when they can against bad publicity. (Deserved bad publicity might I add but I always feel their is a perception in there that they are being demonised).