Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: weareros on March 04, 2023, 06:23:22 PM
Why did Derry kick the free backwards. It looked scorable. Great second half.

Was that an indirect free?

Wildweasel74

Seriously lads, look up the rule book.

6th sam

Quote from: clarshack on March 04, 2023, 06:55:20 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2023, 06:53:07 PM
Paul Flynn moaning on RTE about the ref giving more that allotted injury time to allow Derry kick the winner. Cry me a river.

Should it have been 50 secs over?

"At least 4mins injury time", so even if there was no additional injury time,  from the time the ref informed the sideline there was "at least 4 mins". That doesn't mean 4 mins exactly, it could mean up to 4 mins and 59 seconds. Fitzsimons cynical last free and sending off alone ate up considerable time.
Interesting that despite Flynn's complaints about the ref , Dessie Farrell seemed to indicate he was disappointed by his players conceding the frees as opposed to referee. The replay showed them to be stone-wall frees with naive lack of discipline inside 13m.
As a neutral I thought the referee had a great game

6th sam

Quote from: greatpoint on March 04, 2023, 07:14:50 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2023, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on March 04, 2023, 06:56:59 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2023, 06:53:07 PM
Paul Flynn moaning on RTE about the ref giving more that allotted injury time to allow Derry kick the winner. Cry me a river.

What was the extra minute for? Most refs would have blown it up with Derry on the ball in their own half with time up

Was stoppages during injury time.

There was a full minute of stoppages in less than four minutes of injury time?

As above . Ref calls "at least .. minutes of injury time", with a few minutes of normal time left. He says "at least" rather than specify because it is impossible to be exact. Within that period fitzsimons cynically "took one for the team". It would have been disappointing to see Fitzsimons rewarded for his cynicism. Farrell and Dublin will learn from this game, and with several players to come back are arguably still the team to beat this year, again

marty34

Did Toner come on again for Derry near the end?

I think Gallagher needs to introduce a few more players. Very limited panel as they move into the business end of the year.

Wildweasel74

Well he needs to look at strengthen the panel, deff no strength in depth. Need Bradley bck, Brown from Australia, McFaul,long term injuries Enda Downey, plus he need maybe look at a few who dropped of the panel past few Yrs. Never understand  why J Doherty got no game time last year.

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 04, 2023, 07:46:46 PM
Well he needs to look at strengthen the panel, deff no strength in depth. Need Bradley bck, Brown from Australia, McFaul,long term injuries Enda Downey, plus he need maybe look at a few who dropped of the panel past few Yrs. Never understand  why J Doherty got no game time last year.

Not only that but if I was on bench and lad who was taken off, then put on again, before me, I wouldn't be impressed.

Derryman forever

There is nothing worse than poor losers.
Yes Derry got the rub of the green,  but you make your luck .
And as far as the final whistle,  it is pretty much a given that the referee won't blow up an attack.
Yes I do agree Dublin were unfortunate  not to get a draw but had Derry not has a little bad luck on the Roscommon Game last year Dublin would not have been playing in Celtic park this week. Thems the breaks

HiMucker

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 04, 2023, 07:14:07 PM
Some of the decisions he gave Derryvwere laughable & the score at the end was a clear overcarry
:D :D :D hook it up to my veins  lol

screenexile

Some of the decisions he gave Derryvwere laughable & the score at the end was a clear overcarry

Yeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooo

seafoid

A cracking result for Derry. Kilmacud Crokes your boys took a hell of a psychological kick in the nuts.

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2023, 08:22:41 PM
Kilmacud Crokes your boys took a hell of a psychological kick in the nuts.
Another utterly pointless contribution foid.
Kilmacud Crokes are All Ireland champions and hadn't a single player involved today. Not a single fook will Shane Walsh and the boys give about this match! 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2023, 09:15:27 PM
Kilmacud Crokes are All Ireland champions and hadn't a single player involved today. Not a single fook will Shane Walsh and the boys give about this match!

If anything Crokes players would be more interested in seeing who might take their starting spot, come championship.

onefineday

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 04, 2023, 10:59:58 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2023, 09:15:27 PM

If anything Crokes players would be more interested in seeing who might take their starting spot, come championship.
Y
Good point, rogers will be on the shortlist after that performance.

93-DY-SAM

Great to see all the Tyronies lose their shit over a Derry result. You know we are doing something right when they get all worked up.

We were so far off the boil in the 1st half and Dublin where picking off scores with ease. We gave Dublin too much respect. A different beast in the second half. Good to keep that winning habit rolling. No point in going out hammering teams like Meath and Kildare if you can't compete in big games like this. We are far from a finished article but the biggest thing under Gallagher is the fight he has put into lads playing for the jersey that was missing for too long in Derry teams.