Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well it's breach of contract so o can totally see why Barry is going down this route, but there should have been an easier way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyroneman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2017, 07:14:16 PM

Sad state of affairs and there will be plenty coming out of this that won't look good for Barry and family, Carl sought legal advice in this before changing management..

Well it's breach of contract so o can totally see why Barry is going down this route, but there should have been an easier way

Bit confused by this..on one hand you say.Frampton took legal advice then say it's a breach of contract??..is mcGuigan or Frampton in the right , legally..and/or morally?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyroneman on November 26, 2017, 07:33:12 PM

Sad state of affairs and there will be plenty coming out of this that won't look good for Barry and family, Carl sought legal advice in this before changing management..

Yes to both statements
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Bit confused by this..on one hand you say.Frampton took legal advice then say it's a breach of contract??..is mcGuigan or Frampton in the right , legally..and/or morally?

There are things that have come to light about the dealings during Carl's time with cyclone promotions, and yes if Carl was in breach of contract then Barry is in his rights if that's the case, but I was told Carl had sought legal advice before the move so who knows, until it all comes out in court...

Unfortunately it will be dirty linen washed out in public.. no good for anyone

lurganblue

So I am assuming that Carl and his lawyers felt that the actions of the mcguigan's had already left their contract null and void, freeing him from it's obligations.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2017, 08:10:42 PM

There are things that have come to light about the dealings during Carl's time with cyclone promotions, and yes if Carl was in breach of contract then Barry is in his rights if that's the case, but I was told Carl had sought legal advice before the move so who knows, until it all comes out in court...

Unfortunately it will be dirty linen washed out in public.. no good for anyone

Its great for everyone MR2, boxing is a shady game with people trying to exploit each other for as much as they can get away with at pretty much every opportunity. So it will be interesting to see who was doing the dirty tricks in this one.

To be fair, did everyone not see this ending in exactly this fashion from the minute the ink was dry on the first contract?

Orior

Barry was once the darling of the six counties, Ulster and Ireland.

Then he got bate, fought with Eastwood and had that gawd-awful chat show, a helluva low point. Most embarrassing television ever.

He rose again as Frampton's manager.

Now he's back on the ropes again.

Is it curtains or will he bounce back again?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Atticus_Finch

I'd say that's a fair summary LB.

It can work both ways though.  I believe Ricky Burns got similar advice when he terminated his contract early, leaving Frank Warren and joining Eddie Hearn / matchroom.  Frank Warren lodged proceedings which resulted in Burns being bankrupt.

Appreciate MR2 is trying to just state the facts here but in doing so he has also been overly kind to McGuigan.

Common denominator running through this whole saga is McGuigan's greed.  Once upon a time, Eddie Hearn was Frampton's promoter.  Like him or loathe him, he's the best promoter in boxing this side of the Atlantic.  Barry got greedy and wanted to wear not only the manager hat but the promoter hat as well and so Cyclone Promotions was born.  Frampton stayed loyal to McGuigan when he could have easily stayed with Hearn. With Cyclone being a family business, one fall out with any of them was never going to end well.

Who was responsible for the fall out ? I don't know the ins and outs of it but I really can't see Frampton ending his contract with Cyclone for no reason. 

All things considered I thought Barry would have been wise not to launch proceedings but he seems to have got greedy once again and gone for it.   I don't think Barry will come out of it well as it is played out before the public eye. 

The same day Cyclone launched legal proceedings, Carl was getting ready to go to Kenya with his wife to help out with Trocaire.  Says it all really.

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on November 27, 2017, 09:14:28 AM
So I am assuming that Carl and his lawyers felt that the actions of the mcguigan's had already left their contract null and void, freeing him from it's obligations.

In a nutshell, so it will be who can throw the most dirt!! but its all down to the contracts I'd imagine

ashman

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

Barry might well remember that

Boycey

Young Irish lad, local to me making his pro debut on the Cotto bill at Madison Square Garden tonight. He's Aaron McKenna and at 18 is the youngest fighter ever to fight at the Garden. He's been signed up by Goldenboy Promotions so as you can imagine he's a pretty serious prospect.

https://www.facebook.com/loretta.mckenna.3/posts/1627923137247308

Boycey

http://www.irish-boxing.com/new-york-debut-nightmare-for-aaron-mckenna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

His fight is due to licencing issues with his opponent. It's an awful shame for him but hopefully we'll be hearing much more about him in the near future. A huge disappointment also to the big band of ones from Monaghan and beyond who had travelled out to see him..

imtommygunn

I see jamie conlon has taken up a public development officer role with that mtk global crowd. Anyone know if that means he has stopped boxing?

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 02, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
http://www.irish-boxing.com/new-york-debut-nightmare-for-aaron-mckenna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

His fight is due to licencing issues with his opponent. It's an awful shame for him but hopefully we'll be hearing much more about him in the near future. A huge disappointment also to the big band of ones from Monaghan and beyond who had travelled out to see him..

He is fighting this weekend
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 07, 2017, 10:29:47 AM
Quote from: Boycey on December 02, 2017, 07:56:43 PM

He is fighting this weekend

Aye
http://www.irish-boxing.com/aaron-mckenna-handed-replacement-debut-date/