Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

I think Galls beat them in 2001 final, the first of their run of titles that they are now on
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Worker

Great result from sarsfields, how did they not get promoted this year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2012, 01:10:42 PM
They are excellent no doubt but in my view individually no better than cargin's and in fact not as good. Scullion better than you give him credit for I think but easily riled in club games.

St galls revert to more 7s style possession football when on top. It's grand in Antrim but leaves them susceptible to being caught in ulster.

Well do you still have the view that Cargins best footballers are better that Galls? Based on the semi (lastest form and all that)......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gaaman24

There are so many inconsistences within our county, i was at the ST gAlls Cargin game @ the weekend, correct me if i'm wrong but the cargin manager was on the sideline, even though he was  sent off against Rasharkin, so how come our CCC did not put a sideline ban on him. After all two mentors from Rasharkin who were not sent off but got lengthly touchline bans! Inconsistent Inconstitent. Its a joke from start to finish.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2012, 01:00:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2012, 01:10:42 PM
They are excellent no doubt but in my view individually no better than cargin's and in fact not as good. Scullion better than you give him credit for I think but easily riled in club games.

St galls revert to more 7s style possession football when on top. It's grand in Antrim but leaves them susceptible to being caught in ulster.

Well do you still have the view that Cargins best footballers are better that Galls? Based on the semi (lastest form and all that)......

I wasn't at it so can't comment ;D

I wouldn't have changed my view to be fair. I don't mean 15 players and if you read back you will note I said I wouldn't go to this game as the last two have been a farce as st galls won at a canter.

St galls play as a unit- they're well drilled, very fit , can play football, have discipline,play with a plan and play with belief. Cargin fall short in quite a number of those categories. mccanns, o'boyle who I forgot and crozier still as good as what st galls have in my view.

The only thing that would make me want to see cargin beat you is that it would be a change of scenery - it doesn't bother me that they didn't to be honest.

stibhan

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 10, 2012, 09:16:55 PM
mccanns, o'boyle who I forgot and crozier still as good as what st galls have in my view.

So you've changed your tack:

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2012, 02:26:07 AM
I actually think cargin's best footballers are better.

Nobody doubts that Cargin have some fine footballers even outwith those you've mentioned, and can put out a formidable 15 with the resources they have. But there's no shame in being beaten by a great team, probably the best club side there ever was in Antrim.

culchie11

I hear Kieran drayne is ref for sfc final!

Haven't seen him ref in years!

Good luck to him. Will need wing mirrors to keep an eye on the johnnies lol

viva the mccooey

Quote from: gaaman24 on September 10, 2012, 03:17:52 PM
There are so many inconsistences within our county, i was at the ST gAlls Cargin game @ the weekend, correct me if i'm wrong but the cargin manager was on the sideline, even though he was  sent off against Rasharkin, so how come our CCC did not put a sideline ban on him. After all two mentors from Rasharkin who were not sent off but got lengthly touchline bans! Inconsistent Inconstitent. Its a joke from start to finish.

How did u work that out?? your mentors were in a punching match with creggan guys if i remember right and got banned, just bloody right, enough of your bleating!!

gaaman24

Mucker!
you would be best to get your facts right, one mentor from Rasharkin was banned for striking the other mentor was banned for entering the field NOT STRIKING,  dont believe everything you hear about Rasharkin, you cant tar everyone from the club with the same brush. :-\

viva the mccooey

oh excuse me! it was only the ONE club official that was punching the lights out of the opposition, how stupid of me, sure the rest of you are just angels. Well wont have to put up with you any longer in div one and from what i seen of u lot div 4 or 5 is waiting.
Bit of sour grapes to be on here complaining bout the Cargin manager after they hammered you lot. catch a grip gman and stop looking to blame others.
johnnies for the double lads!!

gaaman24

Yeah one punch threw by a mentor! u boys would call that a brawl i suspose

ManInBlackandGreen

Use boys will never change gaaman24! Its a pity the refs lost their B***s could have dealt with use properly.

gaaman24

Teams around the county will have to give rasharkin a break, alot of good work is ongoing within the club to promote a good image. Not everyone in the club acts or feels the same way as the guys  that keep bringing the club down!

NAG1

Gman, would agree with you, but the fact is until they get rid of this element within the club then they will have to put up with being branded this way. Other clubs have had to do it in the past so now its their turn.

gaaman24