Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2012, 07:16:28 AM
3 straight reds for Rasharkin, I believe.

2 red for Rasharkin and 2 red for Creggan, bit of handbags and ref sent the four of them off , no complaints. Not sure about other red card though. Creggan and Rasharkin both had 13 men on at the end of game.

lonely1

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on July 03, 2012, 11:22:49 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2012, 07:16:28 AM
3 straight reds for Rasharkin, I believe.

2 red for Rasharkin and 2 red for Creggan, bit of handbags and ref sent the four of them off , no complaints. Not sure about other red card though. Creggan and Rasharkin both had 13 men on at the end of game.

Me thinks you are FOS RG, I hear 5 Reds- 3 of your lads 2 creggan lads, dont know if the creggan lads would share the same sentiment after your lad dirty joed the minor off the ball which by all accounts started the free for all. Granted not as bad as the Jonnies and Cargin but I also hear your mentors went in for a bit of boxing as well, you think you boys would have learned your lesson and be thankful your still in the leagues after your last handbag situation in ballymena! Maybe MH can work his magic again at UC, what you think?

lonely1

FFS nobody just blaming Rasharkin, I love the line supposed, I hear the lad was unconscious for a few minutes and had to be helped to the line, maybe we should ask him to post on Facebook a picture of his face the next morning, what you think? It takes two to tango but the dirty action of your lad started the process, cant argue that point. I hear your chairman had a great view as one of the umpires! Refs are told these days to now to stand back and get every idiot that wants to get involved, was there no video? ;)

AQMP

Quote from: AQMP on July 02, 2012, 09:45:22 AM
Antrim at home to Galway in the qualifiers.  Half a chance??

Match set for Sat 14th July with a 3:00pm throw-in.

rashCharacter

There was an off the ball incident which left a Creggan player on the ground, the Creggan subs ran on to confront the Rasharkin player and a bit of a schmozzle started.
After about 20 seconds, the referee sent off the Rasharkin player initially involved as well as one other Rasharkin player and a Creggan player both of whom were doing a bit of pushing in the schmozzle.

Later in the match a second Creggan player was sent off for a soft second yellow card.

Move along now.

bannside

Will all Div1&2 games be called off this weekend?

bannside

I heard Sean Mc Veigh was the best player on the pitch on Saturday and cleaned us out in the midfield area. There were a lot of opinions here a year or so back that he wasnt good enough to play for Antrim. Some things have a strange way of sorting themselves out! Well done Big Snowey.

Another midfielder a lot of so called experts on here had a good chuckle about was Niall Mc Keever. It might`nt make any headlines, but big Niall is a regular first teamer with the Brisbane Lions, and going really well. He won more first phase possession in Bakers big first year than any other player - all was needed was a bit of polishing up. FFS he was only 19 at the time, and at 6 foot 7 only starting to fill that frame.

Should have been a bit more careful what we wished for!

Two massive losses that got away, and those two in midfield right now for us would offer us some platform that we are crying out for. Would free up Mick & Aidso to use their mobility and strength elsewhere on the pitch.

imtommygunn

McKeever won some amount of ball against Cavan the year we got to the ulster final so there was never any question about his ball winning ability - his ability to kick the ball was what was in question. He was a cert starter anyway but perfecting that side of his game would have put him into the better county midfielders if he had the chance.

McVeigh has improved a lot since moving to London which is a little strange I guess. It's possibly that he's got a lot more strength and conditioning work behind him as he's now a strong boy which he possibly wasn't so much when he left. The best club midfield in antrim last year was the ballymena midfield of him and Paddy Logan but McVeigh ,before he left to go to London, didn't merit a starting place for antrim though he clearly does now.

Not sure who questioned McKeever to be honest...

bannside

In fairness Sean has definitely improved. If big Niall had hung around he would be probably the best fielder in Ulster by now. That makes some difference to a team - although a lot of keepers are not punting it down the middle any more. Hypothetical now TBH.

CitySlicker11

Any reports from tonights game v Down at Carryduff? Heard it was close game played out using all of the panel. Owen Gallagher got the Antrim goal apparently.

Rasharkin Gael

I see the football development squads are back in action today. Anybody know why they were put on ice for the last few months?

viva the mccooey

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on July 04, 2012, 08:59:15 AM
I see the football development squads are back in action today. Anybody know why they were put on ice for the last few months?

Bugger off back to your North Antrim bog land RG. You lot of scumbags have been a blight on Antrim for far too long . What has Rasharkin ever contibuted to Antrim? Pack of caveman, shite footballers, even worse hurlers. The sooner that shite hole of a pitch of yours is closed the better and thats what everyone on here thinks just dont say it. No place for you lot in modern game mate, and every club in Antrim hates you so why dont you just fold up and fk off and save wee Joe the trouble of kicking you out.

chocoholic

Quote from: viva the mccooey on July 04, 2012, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on July 04, 2012, 08:59:15 AM

Bugger off back to your North Antrim bog land RG. You lot of scumbags have been a blight on Antrim for far too long . What has Rasharkin ever contibuted to Antrim? Pack of caveman, shite footballers, even worse hurlers. The sooner that shite hole of a pitch of yours is closed the better and thats what everyone on here thinks just dont say it. No place for you lot in modern game mate, and every club in Antrim hates you so why dont you just fold up and fk off and save wee Joe the trouble of kicking you out.

What a fcukin idiot.  Don't respond to this troll!

viva the mccooey

well choco, you've obviously had your nose so far up those sw and na antrim assholes you cant see the woods for the trees. Whats the point in having all county leagues. We should just have a proper SA legue and championship and let those fools up the country paddle their own canoe. That would be far better for Antrim. TR had the right idea, give them fk all.

ManInBlackandGreen

RG got the low down on your game,

2 reds around the melee
1 red  exiting the field of play

Mentors for the high jump also, now how many times considering you behaviour with Ray, do your lads think you going to get away with it, Micky H worked his magic once don't think lightening going to strike twice in the same place this time, CCC have you id say.

What concerns me more however is the Jonnies v Cargin game, match allegedly abandoned after major melee, fair enough, but Ref after allegedly meeting both chairman in his room comes back out a long time after and starts the game and nobody walks at all, Christ if this is true then again for the second time this year a Referee has been found out and IMO needs to shown the door. E T from that great club in North Belfast you should be utterly ashamed of yourself absolute disgrace. Terrible s performance at ballycastle was enough to stomach, but this takes the fckn biscuit!