Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Have Cushendall ever been beaten by 7 at this stage before?

Has any Antrim team been beaten by 7 at this stage before?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Club_Hurling_Championship

I suspect Antrim and cushendall teams have been but am not 100% sure. Doesn't happen too often though.

Some interesting stats on that page. Watson among top scorers.

Cushendall have been beat by 5 and 6 before. Rossa and dunloy by 8. Ballygalget ran newtownshandrum to a point. Didn't realise that.

(Dunloy by 12 one year too)

Jesusjones

I think Birr beat us handy in 92. Since then we've at least been in the game till the death.

ardtole

I was at cushendall v doora-barefield, a good few years ago, the Clare team had 3 all stars, I think it was a drawn game and doora won in extra time, similar to de la salle more recently. They hammered sarsfields 3 years ago in Navan. Il not make the game tomorrow but I'm hoping the dall, will come through.

Jesusjones

Doora-Barefield beat us in a replay.

ardtole

My memory is fading a bit, I mustn't have been at the replay, I've seen cushendall a good few times, and they have been involved in some epic battles, best of luck today.

Jesusjones

Thanks. That Doora-Barefield team had Seanie McMahon center back, Ollie Baker at midfield and Jamsie O'Connor wing forward.

bannside

Best of luck today JJ...Up the Dall!

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to the Dall today!!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Cushendall well up for this although mccambridge could do with calming down.

Milltown Row2

Giving away tooooooo many frees ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Them other boys are sharp though.

Milltown Row2

They've got to go 15 on 15 contest the puck outs and play the hurling in their half...

Now St Thomas's have some skill behind them in fairness, fielding and making scoring opportunities they have done well this first half..

Hopefully a better second half

imtommygunn

fair play to them - they've fairly come out fighting.

Milltown Row2

That's rotten, that's as tough a match to lose as any before for me they had a chance to beat the favourites for the title!

Unlucky Cushendall