Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Yes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

NAG1

Quote from: NorthAntrim on May 21, 2024, 12:23:57 PMYes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

But failing to field in the reserve league as a result.

Hence my reference to everyone working together to get a joined up solution.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: NAG1 on May 21, 2024, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on May 21, 2024, 12:23:57 PMYes, they are competing very well. Shouldve been in place years ago

Loughgiel are probably the best blessed numbers wise. They have entered Div 2 as a result of limited games in res leagues over the years with (im guessing) other teams letting them down. The stronger reserve teams should play all county leagues in my opinion. The weaker play in the divisional leagues, north and south antrim and scrap these Reserve leagues

NAG1

Quote from: NorthAntrim on May 21, 2024, 02:12:06 PM

Loughgiel are probably the best blessed numbers wise. They have entered Div 2 as a result of limited games in res leagues over the years with (im guessing) other teams letting them down. The stronger reserve teams should play all county leagues in my opinion. The weaker play in the divisional leagues, north and south antrim and scrap these Reserve leagues

Don't disagree with your reasoning.

But then you get into a debate about whether they should play their D2 fixtures or their reserve fixtures when there is a clash and this results in other teams being let down.

I think a collective approach is required to sort this issue out.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: NAG1 on May 21, 2024, 02:52:37 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on May 21, 2024, 02:12:06 PM

Don't disagree with your reasoning.

But then you get into a debate about whether they should play their D2 fixtures or their reserve fixtures when there is a clash and this results in other teams being let down.

I think a collective approach is required to sort this issue out.

Its probably a fixtures issue more than anything. ACHL on a sunday and reserve games on a monday. Do they need to be in both? Possibly not but then that affects the rest, lower number of teams if they dont enter. They also play NAJHL mainly on a thursday night

At the same time not too many teams can maybe get 20 lads out on a Sunday at the same time and different venues so Monday night only option for them. I dont think there is a right answer to be honest

saffman

Interesting set of results at the weekend

Ballycran beating St Johns?
St Endas beating Dunloy?
Ballycastle beating loughguile?

Not to many would've called them results

St Endas, Rossa & Ballycastle likely to scramble for that last spot in the top half. Who we thinking will make it?

NAG1

Quote from: saffman on Today at 01:06:18 PMInteresting set of results at the weekend

St Endas beating Dunloy?

St Endas, Rossa & Ballycastle likely to scramble for that last spot in the top half. Who we thinking will make it?

None of the results are strange when you take in the absence of the county players on some teams.

johnnycool

Quote from: saffman on Today at 01:06:18 PMInteresting set of results at the weekend

St Endas beating Dunloy?

Ballycran lined out all their county players as Down are more or less out of the Joe McDonagh reckoning, not sure county management sanctioned it though.

saffman

I know county players can throw results off abit but even at that

Loughguile minus james & ballycastle minues boydy id usually fancy loughguile strongly

Similarly dunloy even without county players still field a strong 15 that id expect to beat st endas

Usually youd expect the so called weaker sides to fight to squeeze into the top half to guarantee safety but with ballygalget struggling as much this year is it a forgone conclusion or is that writing them off too early?

Milltown Row2

For some clubs staying in Div 1 is the be and end all, winning the odd group game in championship is a bonus or competing with the big three is improvement.

But come championship is different entirely
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: saffman on Today at 03:00:10 PMI know county players can throw results off abit but even at that

Loughguile minus james & ballycastle minues boydy id usually fancy loughguile strongly

Similarly dunloy even without county players still field a strong 15 that id expect to beat st endas

Usually youd expect the so called weaker sides to fight to squeeze into the top half to guarantee safety but with ballygalget struggling as much this year is it a forgone conclusion or is that writing them off too early?

No, you're bang on. When some of our better players are 17 and 18yo's says it all.