Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Liverpool will win at least 3-0.

Cunny Funt

United started off all right and then conceded a goal from yet another lapse in concentration on a set piece. Correct call to disallow that 2nd goal as DeGea was fouled.  United have probably missed their best chance of scoring with Pereira missing that sitter. I'd still be surprised if this game doesn't finish in a 2 or 3-0 defeat.

Square Ball

Is Rashford out for 3 months?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Square Ball on January 19, 2020, 06:01:32 PM
Is Rashford out for 3 months?

Yes worst possible news for Uniteds top 4 chances.

Rashford has a single fracture in His back before wolves and now has a double fracture.

He also has a floating bone in his ankle which will require surgery.

Out 2/3 months.

under the bar

Typical.  Cnunts were hanging on by their finger nails FFS.

Cunny Funt

Expected result and deserved win for Liverpool but i most certainly didn't expect United to be pushing hard in injury time for a leveler only to concede a goal with truly awful defending. Martial probably had United best chance 2nd half and more often of not he scores chances like that. 

Helix.

Quote from: under the bar on January 19, 2020, 06:23:10 PM
Typical.  Cnunts were hanging on by their finger nails FFS.

Disappointing result was there for the taking after Martial miss. Complete naivety  at set piece cost us dearly and was always playing catch up. No question Liverpool deserved the win. Rashford injury has us in further shits creek if true.

screenexile

Sad to see fans from the former biggest club in the world go on like that saw the same comment on Twitter... you would have expected better!

stiffler

Oles comments post game an embarrassment to a once great club. Enough is enough, time to get poch.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 19, 2020, 05:25:18 PM
United started off all right and then conceded a goal from yet another lapse in concentration on a set piece. Correct call to disallow that 2nd goal as DeGea was fouled.  United have probably missed their best chance of scoring with Pereira missing that sitter. I'd still be surprised if this game doesn't finish in a 2 or 3-0 defeat.
You're delusional.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 19, 2020, 11:43:21 PM
You're delusional.

De Gea shown up as a poor keeper again with that. Too easily put off the ball. It wasn't a foul. Goal should have stood.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2020, 11:49:16 PM
You're delusional.

De Gea shown up as a poor keeper again with that. Too easily put off the ball. It wasn't a foul. Goal should have stood.
Exactly. Didnt jump with his elbows up, eyes were always on the ball and made a genuine attempt to challenge for it. Disallowing that was a disgrace. Ah well, comfortable victory.

magpie seanie

I understand the frustration from some over the decision on DeGea but whether we like it or not, keepers have been getting decisions like this for years. I was surprised in real time a free wasn't given. Also thought VAR should have looked at Maguire getting blocked off for the first goal. It's not gaelic football.....frees are given for the smallest things in soccer.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2020, 08:27:27 AM
I understand the frustration from some over the decision on DeGea but whether we like it or not, keepers have been getting decisions like this for years. I was surprised in real time a free wasn't given. Also thought VAR should have looked at Maguire getting blocked off for the first goal. It's not gaelic football.....frees are given for the smallest things in soccer.

I would be in the same camp Seanie in terms of being surprised the free was not given initially (albeit I dont agree with it, I think keepers are massively overprotected). The issue I have is on how the VAR ref decided that it met the "clear and obvious error" threshold. The commentators said that VAR had advised VVD was not going for the ball which is ridiculous. It does just highlight the subjectivity with VAR, how the Everton goal could be allowed to stand after VAR review when there was clearly an arm across DeGea's face yet yesterday's chalked off is bizzare.

nrico2006

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 20, 2020, 12:02:36 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2020, 11:49:16 PM
You're delusional.

Exactly. Didnt jump with his elbows up, eyes were always on the ball and made a genuine attempt to challenge for it. Disallowing that was a disgrace. Ah well, comfortable victory.

But its still a foul, just because your eyes are on the ball doesn't make it a fair tackle.  Its no different than two outfield players coming together, if you have your 'eyes on the ball' and go in for a slide tackle for example, collide with the opposition but don't make any contact with the ball then its a free kick.  Same logic in the De Gea incident.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'