What were your highlights from this year’s all Ireland championship ?

Started by seafoid, September 20, 2018, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Kildare winning the Newbridge or nowhere campaign. Not the result of said match however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Underdogs winning

Carlow v Kildare
Longford v Meath
Fermanagh v Monaghan
Waterford v Wexford
Kildare v Mayo

The good games

New York v Leitrim
Kildare v Galway
Roscommon v Armagh
Monaghan v Kerry
Donegal v Tyrone
Monaghan v Tyrone
Kildare v Mayo
Laois v Wexford
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

The final whistle at the all-ireland happy that the least enjoyable season possibly ever was over followed by a hope that they do something to fix football before it's too late.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Itchy

I genuinely cannot think of anything. Even some of the underdogs winning, which would normally be something to remember, was absolute crap football. Suppose Roscommon v Armagh was an enjoyable enough game.

Franko

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 20, 2018, 01:15:01 PM
Kildare winning the Newbridge or nowhere campaign. Not the result of said match however.

This for me also.

Dinny Breen

Dublin winning the All-Ireland, warmed the hearts of even the most cynical.
#newbridgeornowhere

BennyCake

Andrew Murnin's points v Roscommon. A joy to witness.

Armagh comeback v Clare.

Fermanagh fans on pitch celebrating v Monaghan.

Kildare getting to host Mayo in Newbridge.

The Pope signing a Mayo jersey.

After that, nothing. Such a bland, boring season.

Cunny Funt

David Clifford's 4-14 in his 3 super 8 games from just 23 scoring chances.

The Hill is Blue

As a lifelong fan of Gaelic football I have seen and admired some great footballing dynasties each of whom at their peak looked as if they could go on forever. The first "unbeatable" team that I remember was three-in-a-row Galway of the mid-1960s. They were the epitome of class, and although Dublin fell victim to them a few times during those years I always admired their style and polished skills. The great Kerry team of the late 70s and 80s broke my heart many times as did the men of Meath in the late 80s and 90s. And then of course Kerry and Tyrone grabbed the initiative in the early 2000s. (God we were even beaten by Kildare then  ;))

Anyway, it's now our turn to be classed as unbeatable and I'm really enjoying it. So I've no hesitation in saying that my highlight of the championship was All Ireland Final day 2018.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rrhf

I think that's fair enough comment. The dubs supporters have went from supporting whelos whelps to Kilkenny clinkers in a few short years. Let them enjoy their craic. Fcuk the begrudgers they are truly a great team. I have my doubts that even the great Kerry team could have beaten them.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM