Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2021, 10:46:53 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on March 20, 2021, 09:18:07 PM
Well lads, I dread the decision coming about returning to training and play. Don't think that Northern counties will be allowed to start before rest of Ireland.
6 into 26 won't go etc...
I believe we will have to wait or be made to wait, all Ulster/all Ireland approach will prevail despite us up North being left behind last year
Shit really

So where are you getting this information?

No information MR2, it's just my reading of the situation. Croke will do what's best for the southern part of Ireland. If there is no return in the 26 then I will be surprised if we can start up north.
GAA is an all island body but will suit the majority. Consequently if the South are not allowed to play then we can ask but we won't "get our ball back"
There are 10 or so southern counties that have to complete 2020 competitions and wont like us getting too far ahead.
Do any posters here have any thoughts

the goal was on

Well a few counties are training so they'll not be too worried when the government give permission !!

BigBallWeeBall

If its county squads I'm not really bothered

Would be difficult to wait until June/July for club games

ck

Quote from: the goal was on on March 21, 2021, 05:29:31 PM
Well a few counties are training so they'll not be too worried when the government give permission !!

What counties are training?
The only county I have heard of training is Antrim footballers, training on a council pitch in Belfast. I hope they wise up and stop cos it threatens everyone. Very selfish act.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on March 21, 2021, 09:11:04 PM

The only county I have heard of training is Antrim footballers, training on a council pitch in Belfast. I hope they wise up and stop cos it threatens everyone. Very selfish act.

Was there not a thread on about team's training? Down being one? Haven't heard the Antrim one.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the goal was on

A certain border county managed by a celebrity bainestior !  Unless donie came up for cheap diesel!

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2021, 09:25:18 PM

Was there not a thread on about team's training? Down being one? Haven't heard the Antrim one.

Yes Down trained around Christmas and Paddy Tally was suspended. I believe Cork also got a suspension. Antrim footballers trained last Saturday at Cherryvale.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2021, 08:12:35 AM
Clubs will be back training come the 12th you can have 15 training, if you've two pitches then you can have another 15, the south started before the north last year.

In July last year you could section the pitch into halves and have 15 in each half..

As long as there's no shared equipment and the likes.

antrimman667

Derry been training the past 3 months. wake up

Calm Down

Interesting to see this with England, will the North be allowed to restart given the relevant laws in our local jurisdiction

https://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/316129

And, yes I know that it is the England GAA council which made the ruling and they are a different country, but believe me as someone who had a lot of dealing with Croke Park while playing in England Croke Park keep a tight rein on them

Kickham csc

Quote from: ck on March 22, 2021, 10:59:31 AM

Yes Down trained around Christmas and Paddy Tally was suspended. I believe Cork also got a suspension. Antrim footballers trained last Saturday at Cherryvale.

Surely this is a mistake. If Antrim were to break rules, there are far better secluded locations in Antrim that could be chosen. Toome, Glenravel, Rasharkin, Ballymena, Tir Na Nog, Creggan, all have pitches that are away from the main road. Why chose a council pitch in full view of a major road. Just doesn't make sense.

Even Falls park, Woodland Park would be a better secluded locations for council pitches

Just doesn't make sense

Milltown Row2

The GAA's Covid Advisory group has cleared the way for GAA club activity to resume in Northern Ireland from April 12.

Following last week's decision by the Northern Ireland executive to permit non-contact training for groups of 15 for outdoor sports, the Covid Advisory group has given the green light for adult and underage club team to start back training.

It will, in all probability, create a divergence between clubs north and south of the border as it's not expected that the same liberty will be afforded to adult club teams in the south until May.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: Kickham csc on March 22, 2021, 08:13:18 PM
Quote from: ck on March 22, 2021, 10:59:31 AM

Surely this is a mistake. If Antrim were to break rules, there are far better secluded locations in Antrim that could be chosen. Toome, Glenravel, Rasharkin, Ballymena, Tir Na Nog, Creggan, all have pitches that are away from the main road. Why chose a council pitch in full view of a major road. Just doesn't make sense.

Even Falls park, Woodland Park would be a better secluded locations for council pitches

Just doesn't make sense

No mistake.

1. All GAA grounds are closed so those pitches you mention are not an option.
2. They trained on the rugby pitch at Cherryvale which is not seen from road or car park.

Jeepers Creepers

Soccer teams going hammer & tongs in the Falls Park

johnnycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 23, 2021, 09:37:07 AM
Soccer teams going hammer & tongs in the Falls Park

The closing of GAA pitches and the prevention of training is a GAA rule, not Stormont and hence not illegal.

Training in groups unless elite sport is though.