Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

rossa and st johns r always good matches and tht group is very strong. Agha , £Endas and LD will all hope to get out of that grouP
Final in Corrigan this year or Casement?  :o !

Belfast GAA man

Admire chairmans optimism looking a world cup socer match in Casement when we all would settle for a southy antrim match at this stage!

Kidder81

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 05, 2021, 04:47:37 PM
Admire chairmans optimism looking a world cup socer match in Casement when we all would settle for a southy antrim match at this stage!

It's just ego from a lot of them at this stage

imtommygunn

It's just pr nonsense at this stage. We need a Gaa stadium and are far from getting the basics right to get that. All this other stuff is peripheral.  Get it built at the right size. If they try to go too big it would take too long or may not happen and events like this would come along once in a lifetime then it would be half empty the rest of the time.

Cranfield

More nonsense from McCavanagh.

From my understanding the minimum capacity required to host a world cup game is 40,000?

Belfast GAA man

Belfast GAA man

Wat a lot of none sense talked about the free staters stopping the kids in the 6 counties training if they r allowed ... even croke wouldn't be that daft ?

themac_23

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 19, 2021, 09:08:42 PM
Wat a lot of none sense talked about the free staters stopping the kids in the 6 counties training if they r allowed ... even croke wouldn't be that daft ?

No chance, it would be the stupidest thing the GAA has ever done. I know there are kids who are playing other sports who will soon probably give one up in the next year or so, so if next month them kids can go play soccer or rugby but not football or hurling where do you think they are more likely to stay?

What I have to laugh at is the GAA saying they are a community organisation but give zero thought to the young people in the community up here who by law will be free to train and get back at it but the GAA are possibly gonna say no. I really can't see it. All they have to say is club action can resume in line with local government guidelines, that literally solves all the issues.

Milltown Row2

Clubs will be back training come the 12th you can have 15 training, if you've two pitches then you can have another 15, the south started before the north last year.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2021, 08:12:35 AM
Clubs will be back training come the 12th you can have 15 training, if you've two pitches then you can have another 15, the south started before the north last year.

Thats it, its a load of hot air I think to suggest otherwise, hopefully games won't be too far behind but getting people back out in a team environment will be a massive lift for people

BigBallWeeBall

Well lads, I dread the decision coming about returning to training and play. Don't think that Northern counties will be allowed to start before rest of Ireland.
6 into 26 won't go etc...
I believe we will have to wait or be made to wait, all Ulster/all Ireland approach will prevail despite us up North being left behind last year
Shit really

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on March 20, 2021, 09:18:07 PM
Well lads, I dread the decision coming about returning to training and play. Don't think that Northern counties will be allowed to start before rest of Ireland.
6 into 26 won't go etc...
I believe we will have to wait or be made to wait, all Ulster/all Ireland approach will prevail despite us up North being left behind last year
Shit really

So where are you getting this information?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

How can the GAA police what clubs are doing in the North. f**k them. If teams are allowed to train in the 6 counties I wouldn't be listening to the GAA. We've a 3G pitch down the road that the lads can meet up and train on if pitches are closed. Insurance is the main issue though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on March 21, 2021, 10:24:36 AM
How can the GAA police what clubs are doing in the North. f**k them. If teams are allowed to train in the 6 counties I wouldn't be listening to the GAA. We've a 3G pitch down the road that the lads can meet up and train on if pitches are closed. Insurance is the main issue though.

That's the only issue, insurance. Would be a daft own goal by Croke to stop clubs getting their kids and membership out playing in their pitches, but training will resume come 12th of April.

The south started before the north last time out, so good for the goose and all that

delgany

After central council meeting yesterday
Current membership deadline  extended beyond 31st March.
Restart in North to be discussed by Covid Advisory committee next week.
PIF - loss of earnings - to be reviewed in 'near future'