Tyrone vs Donegal NFL

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 25, 2007, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

After a dogged and determined (and well deserved) win for Donegal today against the Dubs, and a tame performance from ourselves in our capitulation against Cork last night, the stage is now set for the Omagh showdown in two weeks -- Donegal looking for Mc Kenna Cup revenge, and ourselves looking to rebound emphatically. 

Should be an interesting tie!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bensars

fear, are you the same guy that used to post on the hogan stand??

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Bensars on February 25, 2007, 06:07:30 PM

I was wondering that myself.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bensars on February 25, 2007, 06:07:30 PM

Yes Bensars, one and the same, though I've been banned from posting there for being too grown-up and sensible!  :)

Seriously though, the administrators/editor (or Kindergarten Kops) on hoganstand.com are not interested in serious discusssion or debate; they prefer the mudslinging and playground-level antics, despite claims to the contrary. Neutral posts of mine were often withheld, but were I to have a go at another poster, then they posted it. All very childish.

tyroneman

MH and the players will have had a good break to digest the aftermath of the Cork game and hopefully will have done some real soul searching.

The question is - does MH go for essentially the same team again (minus Mugsy) to give them a shot at redemption, or does he go for others who may take thier chances?

IMHO - Mellon, Carlin, Hughes and Cavanagh jnr should all sit this start out with Cavo moved to CHF.

Justin McMahon at Mf anyone??? and Rouse in for a start at FF

Ricey should be back(?) to steady the backs and Jordan could well get a work out.

I would keep Mulgrew in as his workrate has improved a lot, same for McCullogh. SON is way off form at present and needs games.

Any word on Joe McMahon? When is he due back in trianing?

EC Unique

Tyrone would need to win this one to keep on course for a play off place. Otherwise they will be depending on other results.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 01, 2007, 01:50:24 PM
MH and the players will have had a good break to digest the aftermath of the Cork game and hopefully will have done some real soul searching.

The question is - does MH go for essentially the same team again (minus Mugsy) to give them a shot at redemption, or does he go for others who may take thier chances?

IMHO - Mellon, Carlin, Hughes and Cavanagh jnr should all sit this start out with Cavo moved to CHF.

Ricey should be back(?) to steady the backs and Jordan could well get a work out.

I would keep Mulgrew in as his workrate has improved a lot, same for McCullogh. SON is way off form at present and needs games.

I would agree with that analysis largely; would like to see Justin Mc at midfield too (know that he's half-back for Omagh, but even so), Carlin does much better, and is much more of a threat to the opposition, from the half-back line.

MH has a few big calls on this one.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 01, 2007, 02:33:58 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 01, 2007, 01:50:24 PM

I would agree with that analysis largely; would like to see Justin Mc at midfield too (know that he's half-back for Omagh, but even so), Carlin does much better, and is much more of a threat to the opposition, from the half-back line.

MH has a few big calls on this one.

Does Justin McMahon not play mid filed for Omagh - any Omagh game I have seen he was playing midfield, had to be moved out of midfield twice against Ardboe last year as he couldnt cope with John McConville

realredhandfan

kelvin Hughes at least deserves his chance now.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 01, 2007, 02:49:29 PM

Does Justin McMahon not play mid filed for Omagh - any Omagh game I have seen he was playing midfield, had to be moved out of midfield twice against Ardboe last year as he couldnt cope with John McConville

Could be wrong there, it's a while since I've seen him playing, but that would be a worry that he had to be shifted.

loughshore lad

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 01, 2007, 03:06:56 PM
kelvin Hughes at least deserves his chance now.

Do you reckon he has what it takes to play midfield at county level?
I would not have seen enough of him to make a definite judgement but on what I have seen I dont know.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteJordan could well get a work out
Doubt it...

Has Kelvin Hughes not had a few games for Tyrone in the McKenna cup?

ziggysego

There seems to be a campaign about to start on the Hoganstand website to get the Tyrone County Board to put the game back by one day, so that Greencastle gets the maximum support possible for their All Ireland Final game against Kerry's Duagh.

I'm told that Kerry County Board has been approached to put back Kerry's NFL game to accommodate Duagh and Artfark.
Testing Accessibility

tyroneman

It's a shame that Tyrone's achilles heel(s) seem to be returning once again.

We thought we had FB sorted once...........then tragedy.
Thought it was sorted again.....then Joe gets injured (and why does MH not seem to rate him???)

We thought we had MF sorted............then Hub loses all semblance of form

Unless we get these positions sorted we are in for a quiet year IMHO.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: tyroneman on March 01, 2007, 07:34:41 PM
It's a shame that Tyrone's achilles heel(s) seem to be returning once again.

We thought we had FB sorted once...........then tragedy.
Thought it was sorted again.....then Joe gets injured (and why does MH not seem to rate him???)

We thought we had MF sorted............then Hub loses all semblance of form

Unless we get these positions sorted we are in for a quiet year IMHO.

For once I agree with you Tyroneman, youse are in for a quiet year!!!  ;)
Tbc....