Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 23, 2018, 03:14:47 PM
I hope the trials aren't purely window dressing.

I do wonder what Harte's thinking is, is looking for actual squad players or is he looking for players to perhaps come in over the course of the year to help bulk his in house squad games.
I don't think Harte worries enough about public opinion to bother about window dressing.
I would imagine he wants to look at players who have showed potential or flashes of it to see if they have the attitude and dedication to commit to an inter county regime.

Under Lights

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 24, 2018, 08:29:29 AM
First Mc Kenna cup game is on 30th Dec. Tyrone can't start group training until 29th Dec. Trials could be used as training sessions?

Are Tyrone not for Thailand end of December???

southtyronegael

Mc curry, Shay Mc guigan and Kyle Coney all took part in recent trials according to Irish news.

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2018, 09:30:19 AM
Mc curry, Shay Mc guigan and Kyle Coney all took part in recent trials according to Irish news.

Conan Grugan too. Lots of new faces also.

Dire Ear

;D ;D ;D ;D

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Under Lights on November 26, 2018, 09:32:01 AM

Delighted to hear Grugan was there, a man who I think will start?
Whats the story with Johnny Monroe? Is he for Oz??
Was Canavan at the trial??

Tyrone95

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on November 26, 2018, 10:56:54 AM

Munroe left for Oz last week and is away for a year as far as I know.  I don't think he will be returning for aslong as Harte is at the helm if im honest... be interesting to see if the next county manager (whenever that may be) can persuade him to give it another rattle!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 26, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

Munroe left for Oz last week and is away for a year as far as I know.  I don't think he will be returning for aslong as Harte is at the helm if im honest... be interesting to see if the next county manager (whenever that may be) can persuade him to give it another rattle!!

What was Munroe's issue with Harte? He left midway through his second year on the panel and had got loads of gametime up until then, in both League and Championship - rightly so because he is a great footballer and we have missed him since. I got the impression he left for other reasons, because he wanted to focus on Carrickmore or was fed up of the commitment required for county football, and not due to a fallout with Harte.

tyroneman

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on November 26, 2018, 01:18:13 PM

What was Munroe's issue with Harte? He left midway through his second year on the panel and had got loads of gametime up until then, in both League and Championship - rightly so because he is a great footballer and we have missed him since. I got the impression he left for other reasons, because he wanted to focus on Carrickmore or was fed up of the commitment required for county football, and not due to a fallout with Harte.

Wasn't it him made that great hit (leading to a turnover and massive point from Cavanagh) on McGlynn in the 2016 Ulster Final?? Came on and went about the pitch like a wrecking ball from what I remember.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: tyroneman on November 26, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Wasn't it him made that great hit (leading to a turnover and massive point from Cavanagh) on McGlynn in the 2016 Ulster Final?? Came on and went about the pitch like a wrecking ball from what I remember.

Yes. A really iconic moment. The game was kind of going away from us at that point and it looked like we could be about to come up short yet again at the hands of Donegal, but the momentum was all ours from that point on.

LeoMc

He was getting a lot of game time and I reckon his trajectory could have been similar to Hampseys, moving from fringe, to central to key man but as you say maybe it was not for him. It is an amateur sport and we all have lives to live.

Therealdonald

Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2018, 06:44:51 PM

He was getting a lot of game time and I reckon his trajectory could have been similar to Hampseys, moving from fringe, to central to key man but as you say maybe it was not for him. It is an amateur sport and we all have lives to live.
Was there not an issue with a ski holiday or something?

southtyronegael

munroe missed the mc kenna cup final in 2017 cause he had a ski holiday booked. after that harte left him on the bench for league games and started aiden mc crory in games instead. things eventually came to a head and munroe blew harte out.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2018, 11:12:10 PM
munroe missed the mc kenna cup final in 2017 cause he had a ski holiday booked. after that harte left him on the bench for league games and started aiden mc crory in games instead. things eventually came to a head and munroe blew harte out.

Munore started the first game of the 2017 league.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0205/850301-tyrone-roscommon/