Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Quote from: Don Draper on December 19, 2018, 08:30:06 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on December 19, 2018, 03:43:46 PM
Both Laois and Wexford were given the option of playing this fixture on Saturday the 29th but have both decided tomorrow night would work better for them for whatever reasons.
Because it's saturday the f**king 29th of December maybe?

You think !

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Another defeat, hope he's learning a bit about what he has as regards lads to make a difference as things are not looking too good at present..

Second O'Byrne Cup defeat for Laois footballers
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/12/20/second-obyrne-cup-defeat-for-laois-footballers/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 21, 2018, 01:21:39 AM
Another defeat, hope he's learning a bit about what he has as regards lads to make a difference as things are not looking too good at present..

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/12/20/second-obyrne-cup-defeat-for-laois-footballers/

"Things are not looking too good"

Relax mate, its only the f**king O'Byrne Cup.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Don Draper on December 21, 2018, 09:32:17 AM

Ridiculous to be reading anything into December football, Sugrue simply trying different lads out.

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on December 21, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Ridiculous to be reading anything into December football, Sugrue simply trying different lads out.
Jesus like, what hope has he to be trying lads out if fellas get up on his back with shit like "things are not looking too good" after a few mickey mouse defeats in shitty December weather.

les Antiques

Would not be overly concerned . Real stuff begins end of January . A lot can done before that . A lot lads getting an oportunity to show something , thats all the O'Byrne is good for .

South Laois man

So it's been confirmed that Cahir Healy is going in with the footballers. A man with a great attitude and a great option to have. Big loss for Eddie Brennan but great addition for John Sugrue.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on December 21, 2018, 09:41:20 AM

Jesus like, what hope has he to be trying lads out if fellas get up on his back with shit like "things are not looking too good" after a few mickey mouse defeats in shitty December weather.

Don, you're a very excitable chap, cool down there like a good lad...
There is no-one getting on John Sugrue's back, I have nothing but respect for that man. I'll try and simplify it especially for you, ok....

What I'm saying is that he now knows what he has to work with besides his old, dependable lads who are around for a few years now.
All teams are trying out lads at this time of year, surely even you know that much. They are all playing in the same "shitty December weather" so that's no excuse. My point was that it's not looking good if there is so much competition for places on the panel yet no-one seems to be standing out in trying to convince him that they deserve that place.

I was at the Meath game and although the weather was atrocious the Meath lads handled both the conditions and the rule changes much better that our lads did but to be honest I am sure that they will get better as the year goes on. Whether they do or not I will still be there at most games supporting them as I have been for the past 35 years or so.

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 21, 2018, 05:31:13 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 21, 2018, 09:41:20 AM

Don, you're a very excitable chap, cool down there like a good lad...
There is no-one getting on John Sugrue's back, I have nothing but respect for that man. I'll try and simplify it especially for you, ok....

What I'm saying is that he now knows what he has to work with besides his old, dependable lads who are around for a few years now.
All teams are trying out lads at this time of year, surely even you know that much. They are all playing in the same "shitty December weather" so that's no excuse. My point was that it's not looking good if there is so much competition for places on the panel yet no-one seems to be standing out in trying to convince him that they deserve that place.

I was at the Meath game and although the weather was atrocious the Meath lads handled both the conditions and the rule changes much better that our lads did but to be honest I am sure that they will get better as the year goes on. Whether they do or not I will still be there at most games supporting them as I have been for the past 35 years or so.
Don't be so patronising

Tony

One look at the team sheet and it's clear we're trying out a load of players. The results at this time of year do not matter at all. They're just more trial games. The league is where it will begin. The O'Byrne Cup is just glorified training sessions.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Wicklow v Laois at 6pm on Saturday in Bray Emmett's.
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/01/03/laois-senior-football-team-named-for-final-obyrne-cup-game/

Laois Team:

Eoghan Keogh (Mountmellick)

David Seale (Portlaoise), Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen) Adam Campion (St Joseph's)

Eoin Buggie (Stradbally), Paddy O'Sullivan (Portarlington)Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen)

Rory Bracken (O'Dempsey's), John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)

James Mullaney (Castletown), Conor Boyle (Portlaoise), Brian Byrne (Graiguecullen)

Michael Keogh (St Joseph's), Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard), Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Chrimtain

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 04, 2019, 01:38:54 AM
Wicklow v Laois at 6pm on Saturday in Bray Emmett's.
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/01/03/laois-senior-football-team-named-for-final-obyrne-cup-game/

Laois Team:

Eoghan Keogh (Mountmellick)

David Seale (Portlaoise), Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen) Adam Campion (St Joseph's)

Eoin Buggie (Stradbally), Paddy O'Sullivan (Portarlington)Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen)

Rory Bracken (O'Dempsey's), John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)

James Mullaney (Castletown), Conor Boyle (Portlaoise), Brian Byrne (Graiguecullen)

Michael Keogh (St Joseph's), Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard), Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Good to see Seale and Boyle there.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Two good players who will help strengthen this team.
The panel will be cut after this game so some lads will have to impress now or they're out.
This game is a dead rubber so they will be using it to finalise the panel for the year.

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 04, 2019, 05:24:46 PM
Two good players who will help strengthen this team.
The panel will be cut after this game so some lads will have to impress now or they're out.
This game is a dead rubber so they will be using it to finalise the panel for the year.
Cut after playing a few minutes in a Mickey Mouse tournament with alien rules. Gway out of that.

Giovanni

http://hoganstand.com/Laois/Article/Index/293896

This article seems to agree with Junior.

Strong enough looking team. Good to see so many lads getting the experience